January snow conditions

PowderSlayer

Reaction score
Went into lucielle today and the trail in was groomed up to the cabin. Snow wasn't what I was told, hard to find fresh powder other than bloodsucking. Otherwise it was a good day on the hill. Maybe renshaw will be better

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
It is a good day to be inside, as there is quite the snow storm happening outside, it is -3 snowing hard and a slight wind blowing. Anyone driving please be careful as I am sure that driving conditions are probably not the greatest. It is quite a difference in the weather from Thursday -31 to Saturday at -3 Our country is simply amazing. everyone drive safely Leona

At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366
lkaas1@telus.net

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod today same comment as Leona, can't see the mountains! Renshaw groomed last night(Fri.) and he said about 4-6" of new snow. He was heading back up to do Renshaw tonight(Sat.), hopefully it's still snowing hard. They need a fresh dump! Higgins.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows the snow any new reports?? Were heading down tomorow for 3 days of riding :)

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was on Belle Sat. and there was very good snow everywhere. foot in the open and deeper in the trees. windy yesterday most likely blew it all off the open areas.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the weekend, Spent Sunday in the Renshsaw, had to look a bit for snow but it was still around. Had blue skies for most of the day!

The trail in and out was perfect.
P1060284.jpg
P1060344.jpg

Last edited:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod this morning, Belle groomed last night(Tues.), Renshaw and Lucielle tonight(Wed.). Mentioned a big storm went thru the area last night and was still snowing fairly decently this morning. When he was doing Belle he said it was snowing hard, very hard. Had a hard time seeing where he was going at certain times. When he reached the cabin he figured 8-12 inches at that time and it went all night. So looking plump again for the weekend. We're hitting Blue River Thurs. ,Fri. and Sat. then heading over to McBride Sun. and Mon. Higgins.

Reaction score
IMG_0264.jpg

There is snow. This is Adam's sled stuck on the beginning of a cornice at the upper part of Lucille.

Just left McBride and a big arse snow storm was moving in. Snowing like crazy through Mount Robson pass. Was at Lucille yesterday and started snowing pretty good around 2:00 pm. Was going to go up today but had to leave this morning to beat the storm and get back to work.

A special thanks to the guys from Ft Mac (Dan, Rene...etc , Leif and to Glen at Spin Drift for helping me get my new doo running. I broke the throttle lever and replaced it, but sled would only idle. No limp mode lights, everything else worked fine. All it took was an hour of blipping the throttle and it finally came back to life. Might be some kind of throttle sensor or something. If anyone knows what causes this, let me know. Going to phone Riverside in St Albert and see if they know. Wasn't a fun 3 hours sitting on the side of a mountain.

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the updates!!! We will be rolling in to town sometime tonight. I can't friggin wait, its been a long time since i've been to mcbride.

AlbertaSummit

Reaction score
Got into cougar den cabins a little while ago. Crazy snow on the highway from highway 16/5junction. Couldn't drive faster then 60kmh from the corner until Mcbride. Looks like its gonna be amazing riding

Reaction score
Found the answer to the idle only problem. The ETEC has to have a zero throttle reading, if not the sled will still start normally but be rev limited to idle. After I replaced the thumb throttle lever I should have checked if cable was seated properly. Oh well, I know now if it happens again.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy frickin snow batman. Guys with there trucks and trailers couldnt even make it to the parking lot a lucielle this morning. They are workin at gettin it plowed out right now. There will be massive amounts of fresh pow up top today, and they are callin for lots more snow this week.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod today, he was pushing 3ft of snow thru the chute before the cabin last night(Sat.)! It was covering the tracks of the groomer! Reports of 2ft + in the Belle parking lot! Higgins.

Top Bottom