January snow conditions

cbart

Reaction score
Hey guys heading up there this weekend. Just wondering if anyone could fill me in on the trail conditions into the riding areas and which one has the most fresh powder. Thanks guys. Ride safe Ride hard!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy Brrrrrr. It is a chilly -32 here this morning, but thankfully not windy here. They are calling for a bunch of snow for us here on friday.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those of you talking about butterfly, here is a pic of the way out. I have never come down that way, we always go down the bobsled chute through the trees. that one gets the heart pumping.

Attachments

• Butterfly climb out.jpg
    Butterfly climb out.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 430

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup that's the pull that feels like it never ends. Easiest way to come down. But who likes easy?

Live To Ride Ride To Live

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming down that way isn't that bad if u can stop on that plateau half way down. One time I didnt. It was a white knuckle ride I tell ya

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you end up in a runaway, down a steep ass hill, dodging big trees on the way down, with your ass eating your bibs; you're on the right trail.:beer:
That is EXACTLY how it feels. Well no maybe more like the drop of doom at your local amusement park.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's part of the Lucielle mountain riding area. If you go into the cabin there is a map of the area showing and naming the bowls that make up Lucielle. There is a steep short chute you can drop down or come back out or farther over there is another entrance/exit and the picture that the rider displayed 7 posts up is it. It's not a super big spot, very steep sided, and usually has good snow when the main bowl starts getting tracked up. There is also two bowls past that, the next is Larva and that is a very steep drop in and out , very steep sided, i'd say smaller than Butterfly, but in the spring you can climb up and over into the back and get into another area and i've forgotten the name at this moment but there is good spring riding in there. On a bit of a note though, i wouldn't be taking any amatuers down into these bowls with a fresh 2-3ft drop you're looking for trouble. Higgins.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's part of the Lucielle mountain riding area. If you go into the cabin there is a map of the area showing and naming the bowls that make up Lucielle. There is a steep short chute you can drop down or come back out or farther over there is another entrance/exit and the picture that the rider displayed 7 posts up is it. It's not a super big spot, very steep sided, and usually has good snow when the main bowl starts getting tracked up. There is also two bowls past that, the next is Larva and that is a very steep drop in and out , very steep sided, i'd say smaller than Butterfly, but in the spring you can climb up and over into the back and get into another area and i've forgotten the name at this moment but there is good spring riding in there. On a bit of a note though, i wouldn't be taking any amatuers down into these bowls with a fresh 2-3ft drop you're looking for trouble. Higgins.

The one you forgot the name of is called billy goat.

dragon700

Reaction score
I should be close with this google earth pic...

Anyone every try the dotted blue line into Billy Goat? Lets hear how well you know the area.

Attachments

• Lucielle Mountn Riding Area.jpg
    Lucielle Mountn Riding Area.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 494

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have gone about 3/4 of the way back to billy goat. Then to be honest it looked as if it could slide at any minute with no way out but down into the trees.

Live To Ride Ride To Live

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally have never been back in the billy goat, but what i've been told is that you cant go the way that the blue line goes. But the way you get into the billy goat is from the larvae.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stop posting chit about Lucielle; everyone needs to just head to Renshaw. There is nothing worth riding in Lucielle; all riders please proceed to Renshaw. :beer:

You must want to keep all the riding at lucielle for yourself.. :beer: Alot of the locals ride mainly on lucielle, if that tells you anything.:beer:

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I think it is amazing when a person wakes up and it is -15 and one is very happy, all I can say is that we must be northern Canadians. The weather is for warmer the next few days, hopefully that is the case. Everyone that is coming to the Valley come and ride safely, and enjoy our great valley Thanks Leona

At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

Top Bottom