January snow conditions

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Barry thanks for setting us up with Steve when we had our truck stuck on bell mountain road. He came right away and got us out.
no problem, I would have done it but you know the story there. glad it worked out.

sduhn

Reaction score
So much for the "January Snow Conditions".....If you want to complain about the condition of the trails then start a new thread!! This thread is for snow conditions....I'm no expert, but man-o-man is there ever a lot of professional groomer operators out there.....Stop complaining on this thread and start another!! WE NEED SNOW CONDITIONS!!!!!!!!!!

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking of riding tomorrow and have heard lot about the trail but i dont't travel 5plus hours to ride the trail all day...........so can someone post some snow conditions from what's beyond the fricken trail

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode belle and Lucille the last 2 days due to poor visibility. Trails were fine!!!! Nuf said. Lucille pretty tracked up but tons of deep fresh left in the bottom of the burns at bell. Not the most intense riding down there but pow never the less. Was snowing hard up top when we left yesterday.

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your going to ride Lucille best bet is to go right to the butterfly due to the main area being very pounded out. But be very careful of the path you choose to get in there.

Live To Ride Ride To Live

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your going to ride Lucille best bet is to go right to the butterfly due to the main area being very pounded out. But be very careful of the path you choose to get in there.

Live To Ride Ride To Live

I've never actually stopped into the butterfly.. Heard it can be a biotch to get out of.. Never wanted to chance it

Sent from a phone likely at work

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So much for the "January Snow Conditions".....If you want to complain about the condition of the trails then start a new thread!! This thread is for snow conditions....I'm no expert, but man-o-man is there ever a lot of professional groomer operators out there.....Stop complaining on this thread and start another!! WE NEED SNOW CONDITIONS!!!!!!!!!!

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, The area is HUGE!!!!!!!!!! No NEED to blow trail away with throttle blipping 90mph passing A**HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Theres nothing wrong with the trail if the RIDERS (not GROOMERS) take care of the condition of the trail AFTER the groomer was there.... As soon as that Groomer hits the Staging Area after a Grooming session.... ITS ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit B*TCH*NG and BE RESPONSIBLE!!!!!!!!!

AND OH YEAH, THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!! Tells so much more!!!!

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GetAttachment-1.aspx.jpeg Dropped into the butterfly this weekend via the waterfall. I have dropped in that way many times with no problems. This time it looked a ok...... this is how it went. Big thanks to the boys from Montreal who helped pull me out!!!!

schoooled dweeb

Reaction score
Rode Lucille today. With all the rain we got in town yesterday we thought there would have been lots of pow. Well I figure 3 to 4 inches at best from Tuesday to Wednesday for accumulation. The wind storm last night in town probably didn't help. The top of the hill as u leave the cabin shows more exposed rock then it did 2 weeks ago. After the area being pounded down over the holidays some snow is welcomed. We dropped into the butterfly when the clouds lifted later in the afternoon. Poked around in there a bit ..then the clouds started coming down again so we got out...good thing we did... Started to snow again. Which is great...but that meant rain as u got lower down the trail. Hopefully that means tomorrow will be good in Lucille/Bell. Trail was fine..all things considered....$20 given to the dude in the booth...was quickly forgotten about when I pulled an awesome climb out of the butterfly ....& no one else decided to follow. :eek:) Pics?...when I get back home & upload them to PC....then to the site...but no sun...& nobody got stuck in 3 inches of fresh on hardpack....i'll see what I can do....Cheers Chris

Last edited:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LALALALALALA......I don't want hear a damn thing about snow conditions!

Ya I stuck here at work staring out the window at a drilling rig unsure of when possible days off will come.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You get that cat fixed yet Wheeler?? Anyways talked to Hotrod all trails have been groomed as Judy said last (Thurs.) night! He said a solid foot of new at the Renshaw cabin and about 7-10 inches at Lucielle. But he did mention when he was coming back down the Renshaw at 2:30am here's four hombres unloading and heading up to the cabin!! He stopped them to mention he's trying to groom and let the trail setup, but they were gooned up and mumbled something about heading to the cabin and took off. Higgins.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But he did mention when he was coming back down the Renshaw at 2:30am here's four hombres unloading and heading up to the cabin!! He stopped them to mention he's trying to groom and let the trail setup, but they were gooned up and mumbled something about heading to the cabin and took off. Higgins.

I'm sure by daylight they weren't much threat to the powder up there. I must be getting old or something cause all I can think about is how much it would suck to sober up at the cabin and realize that I am tired, hungry, and hungover. Then be headed back down just as everyone is heading up for a day of riding.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You get that cat fixed yet Wheeler?? Anyways talked to Hotrod all trails have been groomed as Judy said last (Thurs.) night! He said a solid foot of new at the Renshaw cabin and about 7-10 inches at Lucielle. But he did mention when he was coming back down the Renshaw at 2:30am here's four hombres unloading and heading up to the cabin!! He stopped them to mention he's trying to groom and let the trail setup, but they were gooned up and mumbled something about heading to the cabin and took off. Higgins.

Good opportunity lost to teach some morons a lesson? All Hotrod had to do was give Pete the Mountie a call. Truck in the lot and driving sleds impaired. Impaired over .08 on a sled same as impaired on the highway.

Top Bottom