January Conditions

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any photos from today ?? Looking for some accurate snow reports and not some speculation of whats happenning, getting a little tired of all the BS snow reports here, seems alot of peeps can't tell the difference from fresh , to wind blown and those that seem to think 6'' is 12''.
Headed out this coming weekend.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any photos from today ?? Looking for some accurate snow reports and not some speculation of whats happenning, getting a little tired of all the BS snow reports here, seems alot of peeps can't tell the difference from fresh , to wind blown and those that seem to think 6'' is 12''.

If you see some reports that you or someone knows are bogus we would like to know about this.One of the reasons that Ron started this site was because it was near impossible to get good snow reports or people putting stuff on the sites to keep you from going there,(thinking they could hide the truth).We will not put up with that at all I assure you,We will do our best to keep things accurate,we do have friends and members at most places we sled to help us determine if these reports are at least close.You letting us know helps everyone and we will do our best to keep the reports accurate.
Please tell us via pm to avoid the negitive!
catmando!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just got back tonight. They need some fresh snow. Had a great weekend. You could find some places that we not tracked up, but not much. It was TRYING to snow when we left, but windy, and the warm temps. So all the evils are there, keep your fingers crossed

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No news means bad news Dave. If there was any substantial snow, you would hear of it. 2 hours south, well that's a different story.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what Sat looked like at renshaw. Didnt take alot of pics but this gives you an idea

Attachments

• HPIM0330.jpg
    HPIM0330.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 60

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com

We do not post BS snow reports.

There are many areas to ride in here and many different riders as well. Our guests this weekend included beginners, intermediate and extreme sledders. The beginners and intermediate sledders were thrilled with the conditions and came back very happy each day. The extreme riders were a bit disappointed that there wasn't more powder for them, but still enjoyed themselves riding in the trees and meadows where the snow is deeper.

The "Cabin Riders" report that conditions are tracked out. They don't venture out far enough to find the really good stuff.

Each of these people is telling the truth as they see it.

What type of rider are you? We try to post reports as accurate as possible. Yes, the cabin areas are tracked out. Yes, there was only 6 to 8 inches of new snow in many places. The meadow and tree riders DID find 12 to 18 inches of fresh snow in the areas that they rode in.

When I post my reports, I include factual information. McBride offers varied conditions for varied riding abilities. Very few sledders go home from McBride disappointed and feeling that they were lied to.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the point and shoot guys that where at our place with big turbo's were disappointed but said the pow in the back valley's was very good. will be back in the saddle next week so will have first hand info then. will check with the boys that just left and see if any pic's are av. looking out my window it is snowing up top on both sides of the valley. Later all.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No news means bad news Dave. If there was any substantial snow, you would hear of it. 2 hours south, well that's a different story.

Thanks Mark,

I assume the same thing, the folks haven't had much to tell when I call them, Guess my point is unless you have a pic to post of the day, no sense in posting anything because it's probably BS or misinformation.I do like the fact that we get reports from whats happenning in town almost daily, but what goes on in the valley and up top are completely different. The best example is over the holidays we were there for 9 days and at best it may have snowed 8-10" of fresh up top over the entire time but peeps were talking about the 1-2' of "fresh powder" they were ripping up daily. Sorry folks, you might have been playing in that much powder, I know we certainly were, but it wasn't fresh , it was just untracked. New years day up Renshaw there was absolutely no new snow, but most every track was covered up by wind blown, yet still people were talking about the fresh they were in. I think if we could get some more input from Hot Rod after he grooms the trails as to how much fresh was at the cabins, if any,the condition at parking lots, it would be much easier to make an assumption of conditins and less disappointing when a guy shows up out there.
As for the kind of rider I am, that's irrelevant, those who know and ride with me here know and that's all that matters, I have nothing to prove to anyone and don't need to.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
easy solution to your situation, if the post has no pic's just skip to the ones that do. will call Rod and see if he would take pic's of parking lot and cabin every night that he grooms. think i know what his answer is going to be. Rod is not big on doing the computer thing but maybe he could put it on his snow line, that might be more doable. that way it will only cost you a long distance phone call to find out what was in the lot and at the cabin.
always open to suggestions on how to make things better for one and all.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all know, or should know that conditions can change from day to day. I've had really good luck planning trips from this site and plan 100% of my trips from the information given from fellow members, And thank the ones who do post pics and updates (good or bad) of their trips and experiences, keep up the good work:beer:

So back on topic how is the snow conditions from the weekend, I'm hoping to get out there soon.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Sunny today, bluebird skies, +2 and no wind. Nothing happening up top to speak of. Should be a beautiful weekend weather-wise. Hoping for some more snow though.

Warning: With the big winds we had earlier in the week, many cornices have gotten larger, although we have had no reports of any coming down. Avalanche conditions were raised to moderate last week. It's a good time to use your common sense and avy training when riding in all the BC mountain areas.

Last edited:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice day on the hill today! Lots of untouched and scattered cloud made for a nice ride. Higgins.

Attachments

• S. Dore 2010 001.jpg
    S. Dore 2010 001.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 58
  • S. Dore 2010 004.jpg
    S. Dore 2010 004.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 57
  • S. Dore 2010 020.jpg
    S. Dore 2010 020.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 48

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good Keith,
Got the sled running again, new stator, headed out tomorrow.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another adventure, great day, lots of untouched!

Attachments

• S.Dore Castle Creek 003.jpg
    S.Dore Castle Creek 003.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 55
  • S.Dore Castle Creek 021.jpg
    S.Dore Castle Creek 021.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 58
  • S. Dore 2010 028.jpg
    S. Dore 2010 028.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 56

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few more!

Attachments

• S.Dore Castle Creek 007.jpg
    S.Dore Castle Creek 007.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 43
  • S.Dore Castle Creek 013.jpg
    S.Dore Castle Creek 013.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 49
  • S.Dore Castle Creek 078.jpg
    S.Dore Castle Creek 078.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 49
  • S.Dore Castle Creek 095.jpg
    S.Dore Castle Creek 095.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 59

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1/2 day ride Friday just to end things off! Plus a couple guys had to work this weekend and Hotrod had to get the groomer back on the trails. But a great 2 1/2 days. Higgins.

Attachments

• Marks Pics 212.jpg
    Marks Pics 212.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Marks Pics 213.jpg
    Marks Pics 213.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Marks Pics 219.jpg
    Marks Pics 219.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 45
Top Bottom