Jackson Hole Hill Climb

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dirt bikes do not have vertical steering. The bars do not stay flat when you turn. It’s not as extreme as doo steering post. But far closer to horizontal steering then vertical steering. I find when I ride a sled with horizontal steering. Many doos and a nytro, my arms stay straight and parallel with each other, same with my dirt bikes. The vertical steering makes me bend my elbow on bar grip that is closest to you when turning, because it stays flat. Which I find take input out of what I’m doing. It’s all a personal preference. I like the way Arctic cat offers both options.

I guess we need a good old S&M poll if guys think dirt bikes have more vertical steering post or more horizontal steering post. On my KTM I push and pull on the bars more than lift and push down. Its not very noticeable on a bike unless you are not moving, more the dry steering experience.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lmao, i was gona say.....next time im out riding with matt might have to drop him at the train station

The Polaris train is waiting.....ALL ABOARD!

Attachments

• train.jpg
    train.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 195

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty much a creeper on here, and find most sled experts are extremely bias and usually don’t know what they don’t know. I’ve listened to the steering post debate for years now and this is by far the best comment I’ve heard. Not right,not wrong just different and if everyone thought about this description they could decide what is preferable for their riding style. Just saying
oh and this doesn’t put tethy on a pedestal quite yet LOL

Well...thank you sir! There are many great people on this forum that contribute to the sport and when they don't, they still entertain and make us smile with their BS. It's all good.;)

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess we need a good old S&M poll if guys think dirt bikes have more vertical steering post or more horizontal steering post. On my KTM I push and pull on the bars more than lift and push down. Its not very noticeable on a bike unless you are not moving, more the dry steering experience.

Good plan. Last time I checked my forks have rake.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless, you are not counter steering a bike like a sled so it is really a mute argument. With sleds neither works better than the other, just different. Pick your poison what works for you.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless, you are not counter steering a bike like a sled so it is really a mute argument. With sleds neither works better than the other, just different. Pick your poison what works for you.

Huh? I dont even ride a motorcycle and I know that counter steering is the quickest way to get the bike to lean over.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh? I dont even ride a motorcycle and I know that counter steering is the quickest way to get the bike to lean over.
The counter steer on a bike is very subtle, I didn’t mean you don’t. Jump on snow bike and do a full counter steer like we do on a sled and see how it works out.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you think he could still dominte if he was on a skidoo or a cat.....yes
Worked for Blair Morgan. Never missed a beat when he went from Cat to Doo. Riders are riders. I always said Blair could win on a Kawasaki Invader back when he raced. He was that good.

Top Bottom