Jackson Hole Hill Climb

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNAT_5Ygvv4/

Amount of speed Keith carries up that gnarly chit is unreal. Looked like the "hill help" is way less this year. used to be tons of guys lined up the mountain. Never been but would be cool to go one year.
I like the announcer. These guys (hill help) are not all there but we appreciate them anyways. Lol

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the announcer. These guys (hill help) are not all there but we appreciate them anyways. Lol

Announcer was funny on friday too, I was watching thinking "man a lot of these people are not wearing masks at a live event, classic Wyoming" then he comes on 5 mins later "please follow the mask wearing rules as much as we all hate it" lol

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't follow the lives of all these riders obviously but I'm pretty sure Curtis doesn't have a job. He says he races and rides sleds in the winter and motocross bikes in the summer, trains hours in the gym every day and eats healthy. The guy is 100% training year round for this event he says. He said he spent days dialing in the suspension on hills with Carls Cycle just for this event. His hard work and time invested in this event obviously shows. Blaine Mathews is a rodeo guy and Mentaberry is pretty busy with Doo in the winter. If these guys are the best Doo has they will never stack up to Cutis's commitment. I watched the splits after gate 17 at the catwalk. The Doo guys are just as fast or faster than the Poo guys. The remaining 14 gates is where the talent kicks in, especially at gate 23 and higher.

Could be as simple as which sled has the best traction when they hit the icy sections.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be as simple as which sled has the best traction when they hit the icy sections.
Haha I'm pretty sure when you study the complete course that traction was far more important in the trenches after gate 18. There was rock faces they were trying to climb and without some kind of momentum you were toast.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you all dont think Keith Curtis couldnt jump on a factory doo mod sled and still clean house thats just silly its all in the rider. Polaris team puts way more training in over the season. Like snopro mentioned, no one trains at the level KC does along with Justin thomas and those boys. Out at least once a week on a practice course. All of their riding (bashing up creeks) is also all they do and good practice for this style of racing. I used to race in canada when that was a thing and you get out of it what you put into it. Thats a fact jack. Look at the stock times vs mod times, hardly any difference, its all about skill on this course.
I have much respect for the skidoo race team but they are not on the same level of dedication as Keith Curtis and friends

also appreciate the snow devils and RMSHA holding a public event, taking on that risk and showing us a little bit of what normal looks like again.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that hill that gnarly when Mark Thompson went over it in 1996? Just look at the tracks, the power and suspension these new sleds have compared to those old sleds did. It was cool seeing the vintage class run though with all those old mod sleds. The guy that won had a Polaris chassis with a Rotax triple in it. Used to see a lot of Polaris Rotax's on the hill back in the day. Didn't see the Wedge of LHF entered up though??

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you all dont think Keith Curtis couldnt jump on a factory doo mod sled and still clean house thats just silly its all in the rider. Polaris team puts way more training in over the season. Like snopro mentioned, no one trains at the level KC does along with Justin thomas and those boys. Out at least once a week on a practice course. All of their riding (bashing up creeks) is also all they do and good practice for this style of racing. I used to race in canada when that was a thing and you get out of it what you put into it. Thats a fact jack. Look at the stock times vs mod times, hardly any difference, its all about skill on this course.
I have much respect for the skidoo race team but they are not on the same level of dedication as Keith Curtis and friends

also appreciate the snow devils and RMSHA holding a public event, taking on that risk and showing us a little bit of what normal looks like again.

Why doesn't Ski-Doo hire some good riders? I'm sure this event sells sleds. I nominate Sean Maxwell! Move over Carl.

Last edited:

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you ever sat back and thought about how much you contradict yourself? in one thread its all about the machine. the next it's all about the rider. you have doo shoved so far up your arse you can't even think straight. you should seriously look at getting into politics man. you could be the the next leader of the liberal party and lead this great nation. you really have that thought process perfected, lol.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you ever sat back and thought about how much you contradict yourself? in one thread its all about the machine. the next it's all about the rider. you have doo shoved so far up your arse you can't even think straight. you should seriously look at getting into politics man. you could be the the next leader of the liberal party and lead this great nation. you really have that thought process perfected, lol.

Aint you a smart cookie...He could bring back the goods, just like Klein and the "Ralph bucks" it would be "Maxwell Prosperity Bonus" Every Albertan gets funds for a turbski Doo!!!
calgary-07-12-04-alberta-premier-ralph-klein-held-up-a-paid.jpg

Got my Vote!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure this event sells a ton of sleds? If you ask a lot of guys, they probably never heard of it. No advertising except on here and other sled forums. Which most people aren't on... I would love to go watch one day, I've been watching since I was a kid, but we didn't all grow up in the shop.

Most guys don't even know what Haydays is....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason why the better contestants ride Polaris :)
Could be they are more familiar with the product or they get a better deal with Polaris. Lots of variables could be in play. They are certainly great machines for hillclimbs.

Top Bottom