Is BC Backcountry closed?

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one has told BCers to stay in their own province. If they want us to stay out, they should stay in. I was in Banff/Calgary area and every second car was blue plate.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have told at least a dozen people (mainly CaliFernians) over the last week there was no way they were going to implement a ban. Everyone was freaking out over his previous news release.

I don't like John Horgan and despise the NDP...but I knew it would shake down this way. Business people are not the NDP's voting base...Union workers are...all of the people who have not been hit financially by this pandemic bull$hit. He had to make it look like he was trying to appease these people but at the same time he knew, from an economic standpoint, that a boundary closure would kill a large part of the economy.

Glad I didn't have to eat crow this morning...LOL

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have told at least a dozen people (mainly CaliFernians) over the last week there was no way they were going to implement a ban. Everyone was freaking out over his previous news release.

I don't like John Horgan and despise the NDP...but I knew it would shake down this way. Business people are not the NDP's voting base...Union workers are...all of the people who have not been hit financially by this pandemic bull$hit. He had to make it look like he was trying to appease these people but at the same time he knew, from an economic standpoint, that a boundary closure would kill a large part of the economy.

Exactly, a lot of red and white plated residents in eastern BC are part of the community

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He said majority are coming to work. Which would be the major difference with the east coast.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/b-c-no...nter-provincial-travel-premier-says-1.5277425

No, the east coast can move freely in and out if your a worker. Non essential is different, I would have to quarantine when I arrived at my property there.

I just hear that the only ones really working on trans mountain are BC residents cause alberta workers are restricted to go back to work at the moment.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, the east coast can move freely in and out if your a worker. Non essential is different, I would have to quarantine when I arrived at my property there.

I just hear that the only ones really working on trans mountain are BC residents cause alberta workers are restricted to go back to work at the moment.
Nope that is bs .

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

B's - rotational workers need to isolate and the Atlantic bubble has been busted for a while now ... essential workers can go to their job - with provisions - but still have to isolate when off duty ....

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

not all union guys vote NDP...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B's - rotational workers need to isolate and the Atlantic bubble has been busted for a while now ... essential workers can go to their job - with provisions - but still have to isolate when off duty ....

The Atlantic bubble is a joke to begin with IMO.

So what your saying is, trucking is essential, and rotational workers is non essential, if thats the case Rotational workers arriving to Alberta should quarantine before going to site??????

Makes alot of sence doesn’t it, for a flu.

Last edited:

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Atlantic bubble is a joke to begin with IMO.

So what your saying is, trucking is essential, and rotational workers is non essential, if thats the case Rotational workers arriving to Alberta should quarantine before going to site??????

Makes alot of sence doesn’t it, for a flu.

I'm not saying anything - these are the rules in place - I don't make the rules! It went to court last spring and court ruled in favour of the province.
There's lots of BS on both sides of the discussion which doesn't help.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then why not get BC plates?

Various reasons and lots to do with taxes and primary place of residence, where and when you spend majority of your time and what the vehicle is being used for. The govt's have a bunch of rules around it, none of which make a lot of sense. If you own property in both provinces then each wants their cut of your pie and whoever has the most rules usually winds up with the bigger slice. Also, insurance for various things is significantly different between provinces (i.e. BC wanted like $800+ to insure the SxS and in AB its like $200.)

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then why not get BC plates?

Proximity to AB where they work and maintain a residence for working there. A lot have jobs where work can be done online from any where or they travel to field locations. I did that for 10 years and only spent about 20 percent of my time in office downtown Calgary but you could say basically lived in a BC community.

income tax is less in AB for income over 130K per year
auto insurance cheaper on additional vehicles ( discount given for second third etc.)
no rip off pst tax on private sales of vehicles
no pst on new vehicles

Those are some of the reasons

You do risk some redneck a-hole vandalizing your vehicle in COVID times

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Various reasons and lots to do with taxes and primary place of residence, where and when you spend majority of your time and what the vehicle is being used for. The govt's have a bunch of rules around it, none of which make a lot of sense. If you own property in both provinces then each wants their cut of your pie and whoever has the most rules usually winds up with the bigger slice. Also, insurance for various things is significantly different between provinces (i.e. BC wanted like $800+ to insure the SxS and in AB its like $200.)

Only costs me 92 for my SxS. Wonder why the difference.

When I lived in Alberta I never got AB insurance either because it was way to expensive. They wanted like 10k to insure my truck.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Proximity to AB where they work and maintain a residence for working there. A lot have jobs where work can be done online from any where or they travel to field locations. I did that for 10 years and only spent about 20 percent of my time in office downtown Calgary but you could say basically lived in a BC community.

income tax is less in AB for income over 130K per year
auto insurance cheaper on additional vehicles ( discount given for second third etc.)
no rip off pst tax on private sales of vehicles
no pst on new vehicles

Those are some of the reasons

You do risk some redneck a-hole vandalizing your vehicle in COVID times

Are you covered if they can prove you are out of province a certain amount? When I was going back and forth it was 90 consecutive days then they changed it to 90 days in a calendar year

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only costs me 92 for my SxS. Wonder why the difference.

When I lived in Alberta I never got AB insurance either because it was way to expensive. They wanted like 10k to insure my truck.
$10k? What kind of truck?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
$10k? What kind of truck?

Must be this one

truck.jpg

Top Bottom