Introductions

luv2ride

Reaction score
Hi my name is Christina. I live in Wandering River, AB. I have been sledding for probably 10 years or so....flatland riding. Been up the mountain 3 times now, first 2 times weren't that great cause it was foggy and snowing like a bugger but I made it out to the ladies ride on March 5th and now I'm totally hooked!! I love anything outdoors. I currently ride an 07 M8, a RZR 4 (awesome if you have little ones), and Honda Foreman 500 (haven't really touched it since we got the rzr). Hubby and I used to ride 2 wheel drive quads (400ex) but we took a trip to the sand dunes in California and riding around here was never the same...so we started sledding!!! I luv this site, so many cool chicks with cool addictions!! Hope to meet you all one day :)

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome Christina

Glad you enjoyed the LR!!! How long you been living in WR for?? I had some family who used to live there, I spent a Lottt of summers rippin it up on quad in those parts lol
know the Sokorinski's ?

luv2ride

Reaction score
Hey white6. Been here for about 15 years...man it makes me feel old to be able to say that!! Yeah I know them pretty good. Partied with Zina a few times ;o) and her kids were / are really good friends with my brother in law...little punk brat named Bryndon!! Pretty small place, you get to know just about everyone who lives here. lol. Good to meet you.. maybe we'll get to ride together one day...snow or mud :)

sassymudbug

Reaction score
Well I am currently living in New Sarepta, Ab. I have a loving hubby and 2 sweet girls 7 and 10. I have just recently in the last 3 yrs starting getting very addicted to quadding. My hubby finally bought me my own quad but I think he is regretting it :eek: He complains that garage floor is always dirty and supper is never ready on time :d

I currently ride an 08 Suzuki 450 king quad, when my daughter isn't on it :rolleyes: and I have a honda 400 fourtrax not sure I like it though. I also make sure to spend time riding my 2 qh X's, and have a 2 yr old that I am currently training this year. I have been on sleds but always as a passenger, maybe one day I will get one of them too.

I have my 09 hemi for daily driving and grocery getter, and I also own a 96 cummins diesel for hauling toys and horses. She is one ugly truck but I love it :ramsfan_small:

I am also an avid fisherman and hunter, if it is tasty, I am hunting it. :hunter2:

i consider myself a well rounded country redneck girl and glad to have found so many other's that share the same addictions.:hi:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am currently living in New Sarepta, Ab. I have a loving hubby and 2 sweet girls 7 and 10. I have just recently in the last 3 yrs starting getting very addicted to quadding. My hubby finally bought me my own quad but I think he is regretting it :eek: He complains that garage floor is always dirty and supper is never ready on time :d

I currently ride an 08 Suzuki 450 king quad, when my daughter isn't on it :rolleyes: and I have a honda 400 fourtrax not sure I like it though. I also make sure to spend time riding my 2 qh X's, and have a 2 yr old that I am currently training this year. I have been on sleds but always as a passenger, maybe one day I will get one of them too.

I have my 09 hemi for daily driving and grocery getter, and I also own a 96 cummins diesel for hauling toys and horses. She is one ugly truck but I love it :ramsfan_small:

I am also an avid fisherman and hunter, if it is tasty, I am hunting it. :hunter2:

i consider myself a well rounded country redneck girl and glad to have found so many other's that share the same addictions.:hi:

Alex.... I'll take Sarah Palin for $200. :d:beer:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The world needs more women like you!

Sent from my kickass HTC Desire because Apple sucks!

sledbunny20

Reaction score
Winnipeg most of the time and BC whatever chance I
hi everyone my name is Tracy...currently reside in Manitoba but we are looking to move to Sicamous...have ridden a lot on the trails in Manitoba and I got to ride finally last year with my hubby Jason who is absolutely addicted (usually I am on the ski hill)...main reason behind the move (his addiction) besides the fact that we both love the mountains and look for any reason to be there...with thinking of moving I am looking forward to meeting some people there (Sicamous is beautiful but small)...

I'm riding one of his custom skidoo sleds for now, while he builds mine as we speak...says he wont put a turbo in it yet but I think he wont because he is worried I will go faster and higher than him hee hee

Look forward to meeting some new people and having a great time playing in the powder...and may be a quick run down the hill with my skies as well once in a while

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi everyone my name is Tracy...currently reside in Manitoba but we are looking to move to Sicamous...have ridden a lot on the trails in Manitoba and I got to ride finally last year with my hubby Jason who is absolutely addicted (usually I am on the ski hill)...main reason behind the move (his addiction) besides the fact that we both love the mountains and look for any reason to be there...with thinking of moving I am looking forward to meeting some people there (Sicamous is beautiful but small)...

I'm riding one of his custom skidoo sleds for now, while he builds mine as we speak...says he wont put a turbo in it yet but I think he wont because he is worried I will go faster and higher than him hee hee

Look forward to meeting some new people and having a great time playing in the powder...and may be a quick run down the hill with my skies as well once in a while
Welcome Tracy! Glad you're here! Have a wonderful season of shreddin!

Trish! :)

Polarisgurl500

Reaction score

Welcome. So you own a cummins too. The quads are addicting but I know my truck is way more addicting. Tho they are both fun toys. Welcome again.

BirdieO

Reaction score
Well helloooooo ladies :)

Figured I would do an official intro here with just the girls...I'm Birdie or Robyn but everyone calls me Birdie!! HRT Offroad is my hubby and he finally convinced me to get my butt on here cuz I'm always crying about wanting know where all the girls are at!! And I was getting tired of asking him..."can you ask Amy this..." "can you ask Trish that..." haha!

Alright, so my story. I had absolutely no exposure to power sports growing up, came into this world as a result with getting together with Kev...my intro to sledding was Quartz Creek @ Christmas time in 2006 on an '02 Sno Pro 136...and the awesome instructions: "that's the throttle, that's the brake"!! I'm AMAZED I came back for more...OMG!! Since then my skills have improved greatly and I am finally the happy owner of my very own, brand spanking new sled...no hand me downs for this girl anymore. It seems every year my love for the sport and the community just keeps getting bigger and better.

Aside from sledding, I spend the majority of any free time running/biking/swimming and competing in triathlons around Southern Alberta and BC...started out with a weeeee little one about 3 years ago and now I race half Ironman distance (2km swim/90km bike/21km run...in the same day!!) and my sights are set on Ironman for 2013. Actually selling my CRF 150 so I can buy a fancy, shmancy carbon framed road bike...I KNOW it's like blasphemy saying such a thing here :) But it keeps me in shape for sledding season!

What else can I tell y'all about me?? I am momma to 2 of the most chilled out Jack Russells on the planet, no two legged children to speak of. Work is one of my favourite things to do...I get to sell truck suspension to guys all day long and answer their questions about their trucks!! HAHA...it's awesome! Gotta be careful though...those boys like to think they knew the answer already so I make 'em feel good and they buy stuff from me...it's a win-win really;) I grew up in central BC and migrated East to Southern Alberta and currently live just outside of Okotoks on a few acres in a house we spent the last 4 years trying to make a reality ~ was a FABULOUS day getting to move out of the 22' trailer we spend 6 months in!!
I'm the only girl in a family of 4 kids, youngest too and I think I am more masculine than any of my brothers...in a girly, pink kind of a way anyway!!

Anyhooo...that's my nutshell!! Can't wait to meet more of you ladies and ride with y'all...gonna be a gooooood year!!!

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'02 Sno Pro 136...!!

That's an awesome sled to bomb around on!! I had a 2000 and a 2001 back in the sno-x days... BUT the PRO is sooooo much better!! :D

Lookin' forward to seeing you and Kevin on the hill sometime this winter!!

Top Bottom