Introductions

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well helloooooo ladies :)

Figured I would do an official intro here with just the girls...I'm Birdie or Robyn but everyone calls me Birdie!! HRT Offroad is my hubby and he finally convinced me to get my butt on here cuz I'm always crying about wanting know where all the girls are at!! And I was getting tired of asking him..."can you ask Amy this..." "can you ask Trish that..." haha!

Alright, so my story. I had absolutely no exposure to power sports growing up, came into this world as a result with getting together with Kev...my intro to sledding was Quartz Creek @ Christmas time in 2006 on an '02 Sno Pro 136...and the awesome instructions: "that's the throttle, that's the brake"!! I'm AMAZED I came back for more...OMG!! Since then my skills have improved greatly and I am finally the happy owner of my very own, brand spanking new sled...no hand me downs for this girl anymore. It seems every year my love for the sport and the community just keeps getting bigger and better.

Aside from sledding, I spend the majority of any free time running/biking/swimming and competing in triathlons around Southern Alberta and BC...started out with a weeeee little one about 3 years ago and now I race half Ironman distance (2km swim/90km bike/21km run...in the same day!!) and my sights are set on Ironman for 2013. Actually selling my CRF 150 so I can buy a fancy, shmancy carbon framed road bike...I KNOW it's like blasphemy saying such a thing here :) But it keeps me in shape for sledding season!

What else can I tell y'all about me?? I am momma to 2 of the most chilled out Jack Russells on the planet, no two legged children to speak of. Work is one of my favourite things to do...I get to sell truck suspension to guys all day long and answer their questions about their trucks!! HAHA...it's awesome! Gotta be careful though...those boys like to think they knew the answer already so I make 'em feel good and they buy stuff from me...it's a win-win really;) I grew up in central BC and migrated East to Southern Alberta and currently live just outside of Okotoks on a few acres in a house we spent the last 4 years trying to make a reality ~ was a FABULOUS day getting to move out of the 22' trailer we spend 6 months in!!
I'm the only girl in a family of 4 kids, youngest too and I think I am more masculine than any of my brothers...in a girly, pink kind of a way anyway!!

Anyhooo...that's my nutshell!! Can't wait to meet more of you ladies and ride with y'all...gonna be a gooooood year!!!

Sooo glad you are here BirdieO!! Can't wait to shred and laugh together again!

crp

Reaction score
Hi Girls,
I guess I've already posted a few times, but somehow missed this part. My family and I live on a farm in Alberta. I am not an avid powersports chick, but we have always had one around to play on every now and again. I grew up riding horses, and was competivley barrel racing until 3 years ago when I decided being a mom a wife and was just too much for all of us. My husband is not a horsey guy and has always had a love for things with big tires or tracks, he likes to build mudd boggers and then sell them on the side, as well as ride his sled and quad all over the countryside. Anyways, we have 2 little boys who are 9 and 6, and our daughter just turned 1, and our super sweet little 4 legged girl Arlee (our mini austrailian shepard). The boys take after their dad big time, my oldest was sneaking into the shop and taking the wheels off my lawn mower when he was 4. They love quadding and I think that it's something we can do together and have a blast doing. My husband (Ryan) is a farmer, so it makes spring and fall a pretty busy time for him, he misses out at this time of year, but I did go with a bunch of friends to my first ever quad rally last weekend. I took my brand new stock 570 rzr.......lol.....let's just say I had my eyes opened!!!!! I wore my ugg boots and some rain pants over a nice light coloured hoodie......looking back I have to laugh! The 570 actually really kicked ass, if I can figure this out maybe I can even post a short video of it, but I think Ryan will be making a few modifications. Anyways girls I could go on and on, but the long and short I'm so glad to have found you all and I hope that I can learn a lot from you all!!!!! Take Care Girls!

crp

Reaction score
I hope that with time I will be! I am really enjoying it, just need to learn a few things!!! Thanks for the welcome!

hpsmithson

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, My name is Heidi and I live in Lumby BC. I am very like t-keila as well, a NEWBIE in every sense of the word. I have been on a sled twice. But I am looking forward to this winter so I can get out there on my sled and learn. I am wanting to get out as much as possible, but my other half will also be teaching our 3 kids (and me) how to sled. My girl is 9, and my 2 sons are 8 and 3. My 3 year old is a total sled-head. I have never seen him sit still unless he is watching one of the sledding videos. And he is wanting to get on a sled this winter. So it should be fun learning together!

I am also a hockey mom (both sons will be in it this year). I am a stay at home mom in the loosest of terms, I feel like I am never home. I am a PAC executive, a member of our Community Garden Committee, I am teaching gardening to the preschool, starting a garden for the Summer day Camp/After school Program, and all the driving around that my kids need.

In my 'spare time' I love to fish. We are always in the back country with our 4Runner trying to get to lakes that are not easily accessible by anyone else. My other half tried to get me into dirt biking (his two loves, dirt biking and sledding), but it did not end nicely. Ha ha ha, I felt like I was a failure because I couldn't make it, but later on he told me how impressed he was with it. I might try it again if he finds me a 4 stroke! But he can take solace in the fact that I am stoked to try sledding!

I am excited that this thread exists, and I will be reading through the whole forum when my kids are sleeping! :party:

cowgurl111

Reaction score
Hi my name is lisa, first time sledding in the mountains was last yr, loved it, so i ordered me a new sled for this yr 2013 ski doo xm 163 so excited should be here early november.BRING ON THE SNOW :Snowmobile1: Ive done some sledding and quadding in the past but in the prairies lol FLAT. Mostly i have rode my horse I worked on cow calf ranches and feedlots for the past 18 yrs, two and a hlf yrs ago ihad enough of that and decided to change careers and am currently a Hairdresser in edmonton at Fresh & Co salons change yup i know but i still love to get dirty and go fast. I have 5 kids 3 boys 2 girls ages 24, 23, 19, and twins that r 18 Oh yes and Ron is my boyfriend Rknight111. Glad to be a part of horsepower honeys and snow and mud.

cheers to all the ladies and the few men poking around here:beerchug: lol

mudbunny59

Reaction score
Hi yall, just signed up for this forum looking for ATV Mud racing in my area. Im from Quebec, an ATV Mud racer, Won championships at Mud Nationals in Texas and in my hometown, looking to race as much as possible but cant seem to find many races in my area. Love doing what people think girls "cant" do :)

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi yall, just signed up for this forum looking for ATV Mud racing in my area. Im from Quebec, an ATV Mud racer, Won championships at Mud Nationals in Texas and in my hometown, looking to race as much as possible but cant seem to find many races in my area. Love doing what people think girls "cant" do :)
Pee standing up. haha

SurveyGirl

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Michelle. I am a land surveyor in the oil and gas industry. As part of my job I purchased 2 Honda quads and 2 Ski-Doo Expeditions. I really enjoy sledding and am thinking maybe a sport sled next year. Cool to find this thread and meet women who love quads and sleds.

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is a little late but look up Battenfelder Atv Rodeo I had a team of girl in it last fall

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Michelle. I am a land surveyor in the oil and gas industry. As part of my job I purchased 2 Honda quads and 2 Ski-Doo Expeditions. I really enjoy sledding and am thinking maybe a sport sled next year. Cool to find this thread and meet women who love quads and sleds.

Hi Michelle where are you from I live in Spruce Grove. Im always looking for more ladies who like sledding to ride with!

SurveyGirl

Reaction score
Hi Michelle where are you from I live in Spruce Grove. Im always looking for more ladies who like sledding to ride with!

I am in St.Albert. I am fairly new to sledding and think it would be great to learn from some women sledders.

adrift

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is Angela and I am a Holistic Health Practitioner. I grew up on a ranch in Northern Alberta and moved to Northern BC when I was twenty and now my daughter is twenty. I grew up riding horses and sometime dirt bikes, three wheelers and snowmobiles. After moving to BC it has been Snowmobiles and ATV s. I used to do allot of both when my daughter was younger but been away from it for about nine years and now I am looking forward to getting back into it. I am looking into buying a sled but have not decided what to get yet, my old one was a Yamaha enticer and needs to be retired. I live in the mountains so most of my snowmobiling as been mountain riding from my home and I like playing in the powder. I enjoy fishing and hunting but am not passionate about it and in general enjoy anything outdoors. I also like diesel trucks and used to have a hemi it was allot of fun to drive. I have enjoyed checking out the Snow and Mud forum and look forward to meeting more lady riders.

Top Bottom