Inline fuel pump for sport jet .

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey sport jet crowd ? I am going to install another low pressure supply pump close to fuel tank .
Anyone else install one , and what type would be recommended?
Pumps are made to pump and not suck so believe the stock one goes out so often as pulling from such a long ways away and cavitation as well ?
I pack a extra supply one just for this reason.

PS . Have a V8 as well so don’t tell me to buy a 8 . Lol

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey sport jet crowd ? I am going to install another low pressure supply pump close to fuel tank .
Anyone else install one , and what type would be recommended?
Pumps are made to pump and not suck so believe the stock one goes out so often as pulling from such a long ways away and cavitation as well ?
I pack a extra supply one just for this reason.

PS . Have a V8 as well so don’t tell me to buy a 8 . Lol

napa has them inline pumps and you have 3 different pressure ratings 3-5 psi 5-8 psi this kind thing

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
napa has them inline pumps and you have 3 different pressure ratings 3-5 psi 5-8 psi this kind thing

Was going to put a Carter on but thought I would ask in case someone has something better to recommend?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that will work

them sport jets have 3 pumps 2 inlines and a high pressure

the smaller inline ones (look like a filter) work good as long as you run a filter in front of it

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that will work

them sport jets have 3 pumps 2 inlines and a high pressure

the smaller inline ones (look like a filter) work good as long as you run a filter in front of it

Yeh have a spin on water separator/filter ahead of it but they are famous for failure .

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use the sea dog low pressure pump. Pretty cheap and work good. Replace the stock one with this also. I will see if I can track down the part number

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeh have a spin on water separator/filter ahead of it but they are famous for failure .

I use a napa pump small inline on me lake boat 4 cylinder chevy 15 years or longer, lots of hours

when you turn the key on you can hear it working , know when carb is full of fuel

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going to put a Carter on but thought I would ask in case someone has something better to recommend?

I'd run 2 of those on a toggle switch. if one fails just switch pumps.

Top Bottom