Husky Premium Marked Fuel Price

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Answers to questions:

- Shell has NO ethanol in its premium fuel. Nothing is "refined" into gasoline, it is added afterwards. Shell only has ethanol in its regular and consequently mid grade gas. And yes, it is mandated by the province at least in Alberta.

- The Husky in McBride sells two types of premium fuel. The unmarked one contains ethanol and is not a particularly good fuel for sleds compared to the unmarked ( Marked) premium they sell that contains NO ethanol.

I believe this is what you meant

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Search Keywords

[h=4]Find a Husky Station[/h]Enter a postal code, city
or major intersection.
contact-us.jpg
[h=4]Got questions?[/h]

• Fuel
[h=1]Husky Fuels for every type of drive
Mother-Natures-Fuel.png
[/h]Husky’s ethanol-blended gas improves performance and is better for your car and the environment.
DieselMax, Husky’s ultralow sulphur diesel fuel, is available at most retail locations. We also offer propane at select Husky locations.
Please use our to find the Husky fuel you need at a station nearby.
[h=3][/h][h=3]Ethanol-Blended Fuel[/h]Better for your car

• Keeps your engine clean: Husky’s ethanol-blended fuel has natural detergent properties that help keep your fuel system free from sludge, deposits and water.
  • Prevents pre-ignition: Husky’s ethanol-blended fuel eliminates Pinging or knocking sounds during rapid acceleration, or when your engine is working hard.
  • Prevents fuel-line freezing: Husky’s ethanol-blended fuel functions like a natural antifreeze to help keep fuel flowing regardless of the temperature.
Better for the environment

• Husky’s ethanol-blended gas contains renewable, plant-based feedstocks which contribute to reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
  • Ethanol is a renewable resource made from feed-grade grain. Husky’s Ethanol-blended gas reduces usage of Canada's non-renewable petroleum resources.
Better for the community

• A boost for the economy: Every year, Husky purchases more than 25 million bushels of grain from farmers throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta.
A selection of octane levels to suit your needs

• Octane 87. Regular with ethanol (available in all provinces)
  • Octane 89. Mid-grade (regular blended with premium, available in all provinces)
  • Octane 91. Premium - no ethanol (available in all provinces)
  • Octane 92. Premium with ethanol (SK & MB)
  • Octane 94. Premium Plus with ethanol, the highest octane fuel available (AB, SK & MB)
[h=3]DieselMax™[/h]Husky DieselMax meets Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) specification for ultralow sulphur diesel fuel. Our diesel fuel has good natural lubricity that meets all engine manufacturers’ lubricity requirements. DieselMax is blended for local conditions to provide ultimate power and performance. The cold weather operability is adjusted bi-monthly to perform well throughout the winter.
[h=3]Husky Propane & Propane Accessories[/h]Propane is available in bulk (for use in propane-fueled vehicles or for refilling containers) and in exchangeable containers at most Husky stations. Stations that sell retail auto propane are easily recognized by the white Superior Propane tank near the general pump area of the station.
Tank exchange for smaller containers.
Depending on the services available at a station, you can either purchase a container that you can exchange when empty, or you can bring in your current container to refill as needed. Note: bulk propane dispensers for refills are not available at all Husky Stations.

• [*=left]
    [*=left]Fuel
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]

• [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]

• [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]

• [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]

• [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]Husky Energy
    [*=left]

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In reference to the "husky" script highlighting the 91 octane "no ethanol".

-I believe the Alberta based huskies I use regularly only have 3 grades. 87,89, and 94 * may contain. Don't ever recall seeing a 91 octane ethanol free option.

In referance to Mcbride husky offering ethanol free marked premium for sleds. Thank you!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
So when the fuel truck goes to Mcbride it contains 2 different grades of premium??? They don't just add dye to the same fuel sold at the front pump?I'm not calling you a liar.You could very well be right,but I've read (can't find it now to quote)that the only difference between the two is the dye.
Answers to questions:

- Shell has NO ethanol in its premium fuel. Nothing is "refined" into gasoline, it is added afterwards. Shell only has ethanol in its regular and consequently mid grade gas. And yes, it is mandated by the province at least in Alberta.

- The Husky in McBride sells two types of premium fuel. The unmarked one contains ethanol and is not a particularly good fuel for sleds compared to the marked premium they sell that contains NO ethanol.

Last edited:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Husky 94 is great fuel, I run it in everything. 750hp v8 with blower ran on street and daily driven, loves husky 94. Tried Esso and shell 91, the car pulls timing and is noticeably down on power.

Ethanol burns cleaner and increases octane.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel trucks can have more than one compartment. We make diesel here and trucks load both clear and dyed diesel but into different compartments.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I realize that.But it's the same fuel other than dye isn't it?What is the difference the octane ratings? Just an additive?
Fuel trucks can have more than one compartment. We make diesel here and trucks load both clear and dyed diesel but into different compartments.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am unsure what the fuel differences are with gasoline. With diesel yes, same fuel just dye added.

Husky 91 will be ethanol free, anything 93/94 from husky will have ethanol added. (To the best of my knowledge)

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like an easy test will settle things?

Found this vid on a cheap and easy test.

Youtube:
[h=1]Easy.. Test Gas for Ethanol[/h]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd-iO1-ZCMo&sns=em

use a plastic water bottle with about an inch of water in it.

Use a sharpy to mark the water level with a line on the bottle.

Add gasaline into bottle until about 3/4 full.

shake mixture, then let settle.

if the water volume increases above initial water marked line, the fuel contains either ethanol or water.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In reference to the "husky" script highlighting the 91 octane "no ethanol".

-I believe the Alberta based huskies I use regularly only have 3 grades. 87,89, and 94 * may contain. Don't ever recall seeing a 91 octane ethanol free option.

In referance to Mcbride husky offering ethanol free marked premium for sleds. Thank you!

Don't quote me, But I think that the dyed Premium pump at Mcbride states that it is 91 Octane. I have a good memory, it's just short.

readimedic

Reaction score
I'm trying to remember also and I think it rated at 93. I do believe that we were surprised when we seen the pump, but it is called marine fuel because it is dyed.

svtman

Reaction score
So when the fuel truck goes to Mcbride it contains 2 different grades of premium??? They don't just add dye to the same fuel sold at the front pump?I'm not calling you a liar.You could very well be right,but I've read (can't find it now to quote)that the only difference between the two is the dye.

To answer your question, yes. Refineries do make different grades of fuel. Ethanol is added when the truck fills up at the distribution terminal. As is dye. And I am right.

The key is to READ the pump. If it says NO ETHANOL, then obviously it should not be there. Do mistakes happen, yes. But that would be the equivalent to getting regular gas when the pump says premium. If it says it MAY contain ethanol, then guess what, it just might.

Husky 94 is great fuel, I run it in everything. 750hp v8 with blower ran on street and daily driven, loves husky 94. Tried Esso and shell 91, the car pulls timing and is noticeably down on power.

Ethanol burns cleaner and increases octane.

If you're running a 750HP motor, you should really be running Shell/Esso/Petro-Canada Premium with an appropriate amount of VP racing fuel to bring up the octane. It will run better than the Husky 94. All ethanol does is increase octane at the expense of power so you will not get detonation, but you will get reduced power compared to 94 octane with no ethanol. Oh, it also makes politicians happy and increases food prices.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To answer your question, yes. Refineries do make different grades of fuel. Ethanol is added when the truck fills up at the distribution terminal. As is dye. And I am right.

The key is to READ the pump. If it says NO ETHANOL, then obviously it should not be there. Do mistakes happen, yes. But that would be the equivalent to getting regular gas when the pump says premium. If it says it MAY contain ethanol, then guess what, it just might.

If you're running a 750HP motor, you should really be running Shell/Esso/Petro-Canada Premium with an appropriate amount of VP racing fuel to bring up the octane. It will run better than the Husky 94. All ethanol does is increase octane at the expense of power so you will not get detonation, but you will get reduced power compared to 94 octane with no ethanol. Oh, it also makes politicians AND GRAIN FARMERS happy and increases food prices.

Added a little bit.

Top Bottom