Husky Premium Marked Fuel Price

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Husky premium has lots of ethanol I'm probably the worst place to buy premium fuel

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much fuel do you have to burn to make it a big deal about the weight and bs of packing it to the sled destination? Has to be a crazy amount. Honest question not being sarcastic. Or fuel still big dollars in BC, haven't been there yet this season. Blame mexico.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is an ethanol tester that is made by Briggs and Stratton. I bought this back in 09' because I was was having a bad run with motors in my Assault. Just in case you guys are wondering how much ethanol is in the gasoline your buying. Husky definitely had ethanol in its premium. Nowadays though I think every premium has some amount of ethanol in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glory Hills Guy

Reaction score
The research I've done confirmed that only Shell will absolutely guarentee that no ethanol is used in the refining of its premium fuel. They refine - and distribute - 100% of their stations fuels. Other stations will typically note that their premium fuel "may contain up to X% Ethanol". Further investigation (at least in the Parkland County area) confirmed that Hughes and Coop in my region "typically" get their fuel (including permium) from Shell - though according to the Managers not all of the time (depends on availability from the refiner). I would be very surprised - given the refining process - if dyed premium (from Husky) did not contain ethanol. Although I don't know that for sure. Lastly - my disclaimer - I don't "thankfully" own shares (as far as I know) in Shell, or operate a Shell station. Safe riding!

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tested at the Husky in McBride back in 09'. If you read the label at the pump at Shell it says on the premium "may contain 10% ethanol". Don't buy dyed cause I don't have a farm account.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with the dyed premium fuel at the Husky. Burnt lots of it in a Dragon......... so that says it all. Lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with the dyed premium fuel at the Husky. Burnt lots of it in a Dragon......... so that says it all. Lol

But they had the ethanol or non ethanol settings right

Cats and doo's don't

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The research I've done confirmed that only Shell will absolutely guarentee that no ethanol is used in the refining of its premium fuel. They refine - and distribute - 100% of their stations fuels. Other stations will typically note that their premium fuel "may contain up to X% Ethanol". Further investigation (at least in the Parkland County area) confirmed that Hughes and Coop in my region "typically" get their fuel (including permium) from Shell - though according to the Managers not all of the time (depends on availability from the refiner). I would be very surprised - given the refining process - if dyed premium (from Husky) did not contain ethanol. Although I don't know that for sure. Lastly - my disclaimer - I don't "thankfully" own shares (as far as I know) in Shell, or operate a Shell station. Safe riding!

I was under the understanding that the amount of ethanol added was legislated by the province. In Alberta i though it was legislated that all fuels contain some ethanol. Has anyone actually tested shell fuel lately. I'm sceptical of trusting an old sticker at the pump or the station attendants! I run the ethanol setting alway, just to be safe. Chances are, if you haven't worked very hard to find ethanol free fuel, you have probably burn a fair bit of ethanol!

Yes I agree that many shell pumps list ethanol free, (but I would like to see that confirmed on that tester). Petrocan and husky premiums both "may contain a percentage" even on their 94 octanes!

The chevron in revy offered and listed ethnol free 94 octane. Maybe BC has different rules?

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shell and Imperial both have ethanol free premium. If I recall correctly the ethanol requirement is based on the total fuel sold in a year - all grades.

svtman

Reaction score
Answers to questions:

- Shell has NO ethanol in its premium fuel. Nothing is "refined" into gasoline, it is added afterwards. Shell only has ethanol in its regular and consequently mid grade gas. And yes, it is mandated by the province at least in Alberta.

- The Husky in McBride sells two types of premium fuel. The unmarked one contains ethanol and is not a particularly good fuel for sleds compared to the marked premium they sell that contains NO ethanol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom