hst in bc

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hst on new homes, gimme a frikkin break, if it was so good why didnt they start with the 10%? crooks. Already voted yes

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a small business owner i haven't seen any prices go up due to the HST and it makes things alot easier as now i just have to file one remittance instead of two. I also get to claim all my HST back where i didnt get any of my pst back before. They have also stated that if the HST survives it'll get knocked back to a 10% tax instead of 12%.

If it gets taken back to two seperate taxes i cant wait to hear all the bellyachin that'll go on when other taxes get raised to help pay back the 1.3 billion dolars that the fed govt gave our province that will have to be repaid to them of it gets cancelled before 2013 i beleive. People are always complaining about taxes and such and then in the next sentence they complain how our roads and social programs need alot of help and more funding. Where due people think this funding comes from?

I dont agree with how it was brought in but in the long run i think it is better.

if you didnt have a business would you think the same way?

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Already voted yes

Thanks for voting for a tax increase :rolleyes:

The HST is revenue-neutral for BC’s provincial government. While
the government will collect approximately $410 million more in
sales tax revenue, it will cut personal income taxes to offset the gain

A study by Jack Mintz of the University of Calgary School of Public Policy found that the HST will create almost 600,000 new jobs over the next ten years

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you didnt have a business would you think the same way?

Actually yes i would. because now the prov govt doesn't have to have paid employee's doing all the work regarding the pst so it free's up more money for them to spend elsewhere.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a clip supporting the HST if your interested....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZXu3LXNwEg[/media]

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could you guys get this HST thing sorted out ASAP?!? I'm moving back to BC in less than a month, and its bad enough I'm inheriting your corrupt, communist government but the HST is a bitter pill to swallow. Thanks in advance :)

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Under the HST there are a whole pile of things that are taxed that weren't under the GST/PST system.:beer:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a clip supporting the HST if your interested....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZXu3LXNwEg[/media]

of course the economist say its good.fact is it is good for bc, just not for the lower income and tax payer.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U can find "studies" and "facts" that will support both sides of absolutely any argument but the fact is the HST dont work for me. One thing is i have alot of animals, was only GST on vet services now its the full 12% bs.

For the homes i thought it was on new builds glengine, didnt know there was a price cap on it but irregardless i live in a home that would be in that category and would be moving to another one in that price range. So i have to pay 60k in taxes??? What if i gotta move twice in a year or even in two? 120k in taxes??? Fn ridiculous. Where does this kimda cash go??

Oh ya forgive me if im over the top cause im a transplant from AB and after movin here and seein the govt rules and taxes i know AB got it dialed compared to BC.
That bein said im not goin anywhere, love it here.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U can find "studies" and "facts" that will support both sides of absolutely any argument but the fact is the HST dont work for me. One thing is i have alot of animals, was only GST on vet services now its the full 12% bs.

For the homes i thought it was on new builds glengine, didnt know there was a price cap on it but irregardless i live in a home that would be in that category and would be moving to another one in that price range. So i have to pay 60k in taxes??? What if i gotta move twice in a year or even in two? 120k in taxes??? Fn ridiculous. Where does this kimda cash go??

Oh ya forgive me if im over the top cause im a transplant from AB and after movin here and seein the govt rules and taxes i know AB got it dialed compared to BC.
That bein said im not goin anywhere, love it here.

From everything that i have found you are right on the fact that it is only charged on new construction. But there is also large rebates available also.

Here is a link to a tax calculator on the govt's website to caompare two tax system to new hst system.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres a thought. lower the hst to 6% and start charging businesses 6%. seems fair to me.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres a thought. lower the hst to 6% and start charging businesses 6%. seems fair to me.

then that brings you back to the PST system, where the merchant will start increasing the price of the merchandise to pass on his 6% share to you... and the more middle men it goes through, the higher the price will get.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You seem to forget that the consumer paid 5% GST and 7%PST on most items before HST. Now they pay 12% HST on all items. The bitch is that items which were previously only charged GST on now have the full HST on them.

Its not a total 7% increase, rather more items now taxed.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats really stupid is you have to pay 12% hst on used cars boats and motorcycles etc what a scam BC sucks! !

Top Bottom