jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp2Gbgq-Hoo[/media]

wow.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't see any GST anywhere in the before calculations. Does that not factor in? (not arguing the stick mans story, just curious)

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't see any GST anywhere in the before calculations. Does that not factor in? (not arguing the stick mans story, just curious)

i think there factoring in items taxed pst only vs hst now. like hst on meals vs one tax before. if you buy a used sled privately before you paid one tax. now you pay 12% hst.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
.....if you buy a used sled privately before you paid one tax. now you pay 12% hst.

that's only if you want to register and put insurance on it.....I've only paid 5% GST on my sleds for the past 11 years....just like our friendly neighbours to the east (immediate east not very far east.....)

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Under the HST there are a whole pile of things that are taxed that weren't under the GST/PST system.

Vote "YES" to extinguish the HST.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's only if you want to register and put insurance on it.....I've only paid 5% GST on my sleds for the past 11 years....just like our friendly neighbours to the east (immediate east not very far east.....)

Must be buying from an awesome prairie dealer!

sent from my android

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Oh ya'....the dealer is awesome and has been for many years......he just has a hunger for shrimp at Mear Lake and the newbies are a little too busy to really enjoy:d:d:d:d

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I provide a service and usually bill around 130K a year so HST has added about 9 K to the coffers with nothing in it for me.I have very few HST input tax credits.I already voted YES to get rid of it

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a small business owner I am 100% for HST.

I am a small business owner also and I know that businesses get to claim all the HST they pay out they can claim it back against the HST they collect.... so they don't pay any tax at all from the business.... but the consumer pays it all..... just like the video clip portrays!! It all falls on the backs of the consumers... and because they tax so many more things now it is a windfall for the gov't. RIP OFF!!!!

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I to have a small company and all its done is up my price to the customer,which cost me work,I say vote yes to get rid of it,I no Ill still pay but im not impressed with how it was brought in and we need to send them a message.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Canadian Taxpayers Federation (CTF) today urged B.C. taxpayers to vote No in the upcoming referendum that would extinguish the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) and restore two taxes, the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Provincial Sales Tax (PST).

“With a five-percent provincial HST rate, the referendum becomes a no-brainer. Voters should vote ‘NO’ to reinstating to the provincial sales tax of 1949. The old PST is a job-killing relic that belongs in the history books,”

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a small business owner i haven't seen any prices go up due to the HST and it makes things alot easier as now i just have to file one remittance instead of two. I also get to claim all my HST back where i didnt get any of my pst back before. They have also stated that if the HST survives it'll get knocked back to a 10% tax instead of 12%.

If it gets taken back to two seperate taxes i cant wait to hear all the bellyachin that'll go on when other taxes get raised to help pay back the 1.3 billion dolars that the fed govt gave our province that will have to be repaid to them of it gets cancelled before 2013 i beleive. People are always complaining about taxes and such and then in the next sentence they complain how our roads and social programs need alot of help and more funding. Where due people think this funding comes from?

I dont agree with how it was brought in but in the long run i think it is better.

Top Bottom