How rough is the pipeline trail ?

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pipe line is a mess but doable, slow and steady. a friends apex bent the rear shock six ways to hell on friday from the whoops.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pipeline to the Wranglers cabin.

Do you guys think its worth it to drive the extra 45 minutes to Morissey?
How long does it take to get to wranglers with the pipeline all whooped out?
Thinking of going this saturday.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
rode from the gas meter to wranglers on sunday and it was not that bad. some sections where the trail goes into tight spots was rough but for the pipeline i would say as good as it will ever be.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode from the dump in Fernie on Sunday, it's only 20kms further than Corbin although they have stopped grooming out of Fernie. It wasn't smooth but I'm sure it's much better than the pipeline.

Snow was DEEP!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I rode from the dump in Fernie on Sunday, it's only 20kms further than Corbin although they have stopped grooming out of Fernie. It wasn't smooth but I'm sure it's much better than the pipeline.

Snow was DEEP!

We haven't stopped grooming in Fernie but we were a little stretched from the holding drag races! Going out Friday night so it will be in fine shape for Saturday. Enjoy....:beer:

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i rode the pipeline to Wranglers Cabin for the first time saturday and it was pretty rough from tin shack until you got to the pipeline itself. It was about 6km and BRUTAL !! Sunny all day and spring like conditions everywhere. We got to the notch look-out and it was about 3C up there and no wind. Beautiful, fun ride, however i wont ever ride the pipeline again unless they get at least a 1' dump of fresh.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode the pipeline on Saturday too! Wasn't too many staging at the shack.
I was surprised the pipeline itself wasn't too bad. Some stretches were actually super smooth. That road from the tin shack to the pipeline was brutal after a day of riding. I tried maintaining some speed over the bumps but you have to slow down some for the bends and that's where its the worst.
I thought the conditions were pretty good down by the notch. Not real hard pack superman snow but heavy wet snow with traction to take you anywhere. Heavy snow is a huge workout when digging out though. Sunny all day made for lots of fun in the trees.

Some landmines are starting to show up now and the the creeks are starting to open up on the pipeline. I always miss one and end up pounding the front end hard at least once.

Top Bottom