how is a 1995 yamaha v twin 600

dglionna

Reaction score
:)hey am just wondering i just bought a 1995 yamaha vmax 600 twin. if any one could tell me how good they go and whats the horse power and thats like... it is the long track so how is it te powder...

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were ok. Don't know how sled educated you are but as long as you jet it for local riding (very lean at sea level) and clutch it for local when you do ride around home you'll be good. And make sure you bleed the oil pump once in a while.

The mountain max/SRX 600-700 triples were bulletproof. Was a tech for 4 years, and seen them go over 10,000km with factory pistons. And when pulled apart, shown minimal wear.

You'll have fun either way! Can't leave all the fun for summer!

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were around 95 HP. I don't recall any aftermarket goodies in the way of pipes for them.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a buddy back home that had one, it was a good sled. Don't remember him having any trouble with it, and it went pretty good as I remember. I think he had a set of twin pipes on it. Was also a bit of a slug in the powder, could of used a heavier lug track..........over all, good sled, you should have a blast on it

Top Bottom