how do you put a snowmobile away for the summer?

farmer rob

Reaction score
how do i put my snowmobiles away for the summer... i got 2 sleds so whats the proper way to do it.. im not 100% sure on this one

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all i have ever done is turn machine off.Leave 1/4 tank of fuel,and start it every 4-6 weeks runnin it for 2-3 mins then turn off again.never had a problem,done this way for years..It is also nice to smell that 2 stroke smoke in june july and august,makes me horny

farmer rob

Reaction score
lol ok so ill prolly just do that then just start it one a month or so lmao but won't the carbs get dirty or anything?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
all i have ever done is turn machine off.Leave 1/4 tank of fuel,and start it every 4-6 weeks runnin it for 2-3 mins then turn off again.never had a problem,done this way for years..It is also nice to smell that 2 stroke smoke in june july and august,makes me horny

Totally agree with the above…I just add some fuel stabilizer.

There is nothing like standing in the shed with a couple of beers on a hot August night, firing up the ride and taking in the two-stroke…gives me the Goosebumps!!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after i am done riding pull them into the garage and give them a good going over grease everyting that needs to be greased a can of fuel conditioner in the tanks
(1/4 tank) fix anything that needs to be fixed or looked after ... they get left in the trailer over the summer.....then come the end of october bring em back to the city and do the snow dance

farmer rob

Reaction score
ok what i normaly do is just run them out of gas completely in the front yard pick it up with the front end loader and put them in the barn out of the way.. and put a cover over them..

farmer rob

Reaction score
plus i also just replaced the hood.. and the undercarrrage and the track and i got a complete hole parts sled lol

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why only 1/4 tank of fuel? Leaves 3/4 of the tank to accumulate condensation? Top it up and add Stabil.
Check out the other thread on this.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clean them up. Grease everything. Add fuel stabilizer to the tank (usually half full). I have been reading good things about Seafoam so I may use it this year. Clean up all of the engine and its components usually with WD40. Open a beer and toast Old Man Winter then wonder what the next season will bring. Clean up the garage and find them a home for the summer. The sleds usually get started every couple of weeks. I also get a list started of minor repairs that should be done prior to the next season.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all i have ever done is turn machine off.Leave 1/4 tank of fuel,and start it every 4-6 weeks runnin it for 2-3 mins then turn off again.never had a problem,done this way for years..It is also nice to smell that 2 stroke smoke in june july and august,makes me horny[/QUOT

I'm with you on that one

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"how do you put a snowmobile away for the summer?"

With a tear in your eye.

lol:crying3: yup thats how I put mine away to.
Until the first wink at a Bikini then I am all good till Sep.
:waterskiing::devildancing:
Boating season :beer:

Top Bottom