Featured Product: Remer's Renderings - Snowmobile Bumpers Front & Rear- All Brands

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
As this company makes many items for snowmobiles, all brands I will post in General Snowmobile Chat.

I connected with Dan at Remer's Renderings on a front and rear bumper for my G5 Turbo R. They make an assortment of products for my sled and for different configurations.
I ordered the front and rear bumpers that will work properly with my factory skid plate.

Dan is located in Cranbrook, BC and offers lots of snowmobile accessories. He and his other worker are big sledders so function is very important to them, Check out his website, https://remersrenderings.ca/

bumper1.jpg

bumper2.jpg

bumper3.jpg

backbumper.png

popofrnt.png

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I picked up the 2 packages from my mailbox (Pakmail). They were in 2 boxes wrapped with foam blankets. Both bumpers are very nice and extremely well built, powder coating is excellent, and the color is awesome will look great on my sled. So I will probably install in a few weeks and post pics.

Got Juice?

Reaction score
Installed on my 22 Khaos. Semi gloss black. Very well made. Front and rear bumper. Tunnel stiffener and QD drive guard.

Attachments

• IMG_2793.jpeg
    IMG_2793.jpeg
    657.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2792.jpeg
    IMG_2792.jpeg
    716.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2794.jpeg
    IMG_2794.jpeg
    782.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2795.jpeg
    IMG_2795.jpeg
    601.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2796.jpeg
    IMG_2796.jpeg
    611 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2797.jpeg
    IMG_2797.jpeg
    558.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2798.jpeg
    IMG_2798.jpeg
    605.6 KB · Views: 93

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look awesome, I’m 99% sure I’m buying one of his bumpers at the show Friday. Really like the fit and look of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never mind, all squared away. He contacted me first thing this morning, it was the wrong bumper, new one will be shipped out asap. Awesome customer service, done within an hour of the email to them. Don’t find that much anymore

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
105799bf99ab50c5a1d385f6767054a2.jpg

3c4d65be8e54da2f82a818910b614c55.jpg

Very nice bumper, fit and finish of it is very good, but I have a couple gripes with Remers. 1 is that the hardware they supply is some of the worst I’ve ever used. Even the Chinese would think it was garbage lol. A $500 bumper with 5 cent hardware.I test fit and bolted it up loosely to see if I needed to dremel out anymore where it goes through the nose cone and decided I should trim a little more. Went to take the bolts back out and 3 nuts were seized right up on the bolt threads, loosened about 2 threads and they wouldn’t loosen or tighten again, had to use a million dremel cutting discs and cut the bolts off. Also had one bolt that wouldn’t even tighten up all the way, the nut wouldn’t go past the half way point of the threads, almost acted like it was cross threaded but it definitely was not. Luckily I had some extra bolts and nuts from years of left over good hardware that were the same diameter. 2 was that they expect you to bolt that plastic unit, where the pipe sensors plug into, right onto the bumper mounts which is down lower than stock location and right by the pipe…… dumb location and it doesn’t sit very well on that bolt, it’s all cockeyed . I ended up drilling a hole through the bumper where the stock bumper mounts to the bulkhead and then bolted the sensor using a bolt and c clip style nut that I modified from some old arctic cat panel to work. Was able to get it back to the stock location but it took some work and trial and error. If I could think of a solution in the garage in a short time then they surely could have put some time into that and saved the grief. They do nice fab work for sure and the bumper looks top notch, but between the bush league hardware, the poor planning on mounting that sensor and the lack of proper info on skid plate compatibility, it has me thinking of not buying their product again. A simple c clip style nut and bolt for the sensor, properly sourced hardware and looking on doos website for actual names of the g5 skid plates…., not just the “skinny one” and “full one”, would do wonders for customer satisfaction. That blunder costed me $60 in shipping costs that I hoped to save by buying the bumper at the sled show. Rant over

Last edited:

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
105799bf99ab50c5a1d385f6767054a2.jpg

3c4d65be8e54da2f82a818910b614c55.jpg

Very nice bumper, fit and finish of it is very good, but I have a couple gripes with Remers. 1 is that the hardware they supply is some of the worst I’ve ever used. Even the Chinese would think it was garbage lol. A $500 bumper with 5 cent hardware.I test fit and bolted it up loosely to see if I needed to dremel out anymore where it goes through the nose cone and decided I should trim a little more. Went to take the bolts back out and 3 nuts were seized right up on the bolt threads, loosened about 2 threads and they wouldn’t loosen or tighten again, had to use a million dremel cutting discs and cut the bolts off. Also had one bolt that wouldn’t even tighten up all the way, the nut wouldn’t go past the half way point of the threads, almost acted like it was cross threaded but it definitely was not. Luckily I had some extra bolts and nuts from years of left over good hardware that were the same diameter. 2 was that they expect you to bolt that plastic unit, where the pipe sensors plug into, right onto the bumper mounts which is down lower than stock location and right by the pipe…… dumb location and it doesn’t sit very well on that bolt, it’s all cockeyed . I ended up drilling a hole through the bumper where the stock bumper mounts to the bulkhead and then bolted the sensor using a bolt and c clip style nut that I modified from some old arctic cat panel to work. Was able to get it back to the stock location but it took some work and trial and error. If I could think of a solution in the garage in a short time then they surely could have put some time into that and saved the grief. They do nice fab work for sure and the bumper looks top notch, but between the bush league hardware, the poor planning on mounting that sensor and the lack of proper info on skid plate compatibility, it has me thinking of not buying their product again. A simple c clip style nut and bolt for the sensor, properly sourced hardware and looking on doos website for actual names of the g5 skid plates…., not just the “skinny one” and “full one”, would do wonders for customer satisfaction. That blunder costed me $60 in shipping costs that I hoped to save by buying the bumper at the sled show. Rant over

I bought the Backwoods bumper that's very similar. I will say, it was a breeze to install and all the hardware was perfect. The one that a guy has to do with stainless hardware is use some form of anti-seize and not use an impact when tightening or loosening. Even some of the decent hardware locks up, and its alway's the ones that are in a crap location that get ya.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Backwoods bumper that's very similar. I will say, it was a breeze to install and all the hardware was perfect. The one that a guy has to do with stainless hardware is use some form of anti-seize and not use an impact when tightening or loosening. Even some of the decent hardware locks up, and its alway's the ones that are in a crap location that get ya.

I definitely am familiar with stainless hardware, use it at work a ton, anything in our chemical area of the plant is stainless, I didn’t use an impact, just a hex driver and a wrench, this was just poor quality crap. I could see it seizing on after being on awhile, but 5 minutes lol. What’s the need for stainless hardware anyway? Not like it is getting corroded with chemical or gonna be out in the elements its whole life, carbon steel would suffice. All the bolts I had to replace theirs with are carbon steel. Only 4 left to replace hahaha

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I definitely am familiar with stainless hardware, use it at work a ton, anything in our chemical area of the plant is stainless, I didn’t use an impact, just a hex driver and a wrench, this was just poor quality crap. I could see it seizing on after being on awhile, but 5 minutes lol. What’s the need for stainless hardware anyway? Not like it is getting corroded with chemical or gonna be out in the elements its whole life, carbon steel would suffice. All the bolts I had to replace theirs with are carbon steel. Only 4 left to replace hahaha

Ouch, ya that is horrible hardware. That sucks.

Top Bottom