Horse Rescue up the Renshaw

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Listened to an article about this on CBC Radio. Brigit had a great interview. I guess there is book being written about the whole thing.

Wonder who will play mackay in the movie?

Mike Wiegle?????:d

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Well boys and girls you can all be very proud of the huge roll you all played in rescuing those horses. Belle looks so amazing, I was honored to get to ride with her, it brings tears to my eyes knowing what she looked like before, She knows too her eyes tell you she says thank you! Even with all the crap out there we could still take time to help two innocent horses and they will never forget it and neither will I! HUGS

laserRob

Reaction score
Birgit and Belle look spectacular!!

Adventure week looked like a lot of fun. Wish I were there to go on the Mountain Buzz Helicopter Flight.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Got an email today from Birgit, she and another author have written a book.

"The Rescue of Belle and Sundance - A Miracle on Mount Renshaw"

519HmvYf3HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It will be released on November 16,2010
Copies of the book will be for sale at the McBride Trading Co., at the Farm Store in McBride, at the McBride Visitor Info Center, at the Dunster store, and at The Gathering Tree in Valemount, as well as at Bearfoot-in-the-Park in Jasper. People living outside the Robson Valley can order the book through Chapters or Amazon or inquire at there local bookstore.

The Rescue Of Belle And Sundance: Amazon.ca: Birgit Stutz, Lawrence Scanlan: Books

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is too weird....I was thinking of the Renshaw horses today and lo and behold I see this updated thread on Belle & Sundance. I'll be one of the first to order my copy of the book! I still think about the people of McBride and how they all stepped up to the plate and help save these horses, you are awesome!!:party2:

laserRob

Reaction score
A very nice choice of co-writer:

Lawrence Scanlan is the author of nine books -- six about horses. He worked closely with Monty Roberts on their bestseller, The Man Who Listens to Horses. He lives, and rides, in Kingston, Ontario.

Description:

Next morning, a party of four from the nearby town of McBride was sent back up the mountain with a bale of hay, a handgun and a heartbreaking choice to make: either feed the horses, or shoot them.

People who've bought this book have also shown interest in:

images
images
images

I look forward to excellent reading!

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered my copy from Amazon,ca today

I have been following this story on snow and mud as The 2 new recreation I took up this year were snowmobiling and horse riding.

Its great to hear of a story with a happy ending, and one that puts faith back in human nature

Well done to all those that were involved in the rescue and the rehabilitation of Belle and Sundance

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
This is too weird....I was thinking of the Renshaw horses today and lo and behold I see this updated thread on Belle & Sundance. I'll be one of the first to order my copy of the book! I still think about the people of McBride and how they all stepped up to the plate and help save these horses, you are awesome!!:party2:

for sure!

the fine peeps of McBride stepped up to the plate when needed. :beer:

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just the quik read is incredible!..such an amazing story! once again..great job!

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my copy of the book in the mail today

Looking Forward to reading it if I can pry it out of the wifes hands

laserRob

Reaction score
Went to Amazon....appears to be the cheapest:

Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

They have free shipping for multiple copies (Xmas stocking stuffer).

I just wanted to check S&M to view any comments on how it reads........though I have little doubt about content.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered my copy from Amazon before they sold out....this story will make you cry, and give you such an insight into the big hearts of the people of McBride.....LOVED the book, and what an awesome gift to give your loved one at Christmas....the gift of love, hope, and a rescue that really was against all odds. :happyholidayswreath:happyholidayswreath

Top Bottom