Horse Rescue up the Renshaw

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its just a movie guys. Sorry and I agree would be nice to have it filmed close to the area BUT Calgary has more movie business in the area. If no one knows how can they tell it not from Renshaw. That the way showbiz works. Some of the best movies in the world are from a soundstage in Hollywood not a real western setting

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder when they do the chilean miner rescue movie, it will actually take place on the moon and the miners will be aliens. Based on a true story of course.

Penknife

Reaction score
Hello! On behalf of the people making this movie, we did spend time in McBride and our director/writer interviewed people instrumental in the rescue. We would have loved to shoot on Renshaw but unfortunately its not a couple of guys with a camera, there are hundreds of people and many trucks full of equipment involved. It has to be accessible or we'd blow our budget on the first day. This story absolutely addresses the vital contribution of the sledders. In fact, we've been trying to get in touch with ron@snowandmud.com so we can get permission to show what you all did with fundraising and spreading the word but we haven't received any response. Moderators, any idea how we contact the powers that be? Thanks!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hello! On behalf of the people making this movie, we did spend time in mcbride and our director/writer interviewed people instrumental in the rescue. We would have loved to shoot on renshaw but unfortunately its not a couple of guys with a camera, there are hundreds of people and many trucks full of equipment involved. It has to be accessible or we'd blow our budget on the first day. This story absolutely addresses the vital contribution of the sledders. In fact, we've been trying to get in touch with ron@snowandmud.com so we can get permission to show what you all did with fundraising and spreading the word but we haven't received any response. Moderators, any idea how we contact the powers that be? Thanks!

i've contacted to ron for you

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Hello! On behalf of the people making this movie, we did spend time in McBride and our director/writer interviewed people instrumental in the rescue. We would have loved to shoot on Renshaw but unfortunately its not a couple of guys with a camera, there are hundreds of people and many trucks full of equipment involved. It has to be accessible or we'd blow our budget on the first day. This story absolutely addresses the vital contribution of the sledders. In fact, we've been trying to get in touch with ron@snowandmud.com so we can get permission to show what you all did with fundraising and spreading the word but we haven't received any response. Moderators, any idea how we contact the powers that be? Thanks!

You can contact us anytime, Penknife. My husband, Barry was up there digging every day from the top half of the trail, and I was at home fielding phone calls from all over North America and looking after the funds donated by Snow and Mud members. Barry, Rod W. and Steve E. were the Search and Rescue team that rescued the sledders that found the horses. Rod and Barry were also responsible for outfitting and guiding the news crew up to the rescue area. Many groups of Snow and Mud members put in some time digging up there along with the locals. There were two teams. The "horse" people started from the area that the horses were, and the "sled" people were digging in from the other end. This is an awesome story with alot of sidelines from different perspectives. Your director/writer did not contact any of the people mentioned in this post.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO it should be filmed in Mcbride and the locals (if willing) be hired as extras. It does not need to be filmed in renshaw. There is only 10% of the viewers that are actually going to know the difference in what mtn it's going to be filmed on. Lucille mtn is close to town, but like I said only 10% of viewers will not know the difference in where it is filmed,BC, Alberta, Etc. But the question is is that the right thing to do?
When the movie of the Silver Dart built by Alexander Graham Bell was filmed it was done at its original location in my home town of Baddeck NS, and locals were hired as extras as well.
I'm sure there is someone on this site from the production company following this thread. I commend you for putting this story into a movie.
But, I'm not interested in buying nor watching this story if it's not filmed in mcbride.
The hard working local volunteers of mcbride (and there was lots of support from abroad that I'm not aware of) made this rescue possible, therefor making the story known worldwide.
But it was locals and don't forget it was MOUNTAIN SNOWMOBILERS, wives,and friends of them,that put there boots on the ground and there hands in there shovels to make the rescue possible! And don't forget that!
So the question I have to the production crew is. Why not put your boots in mcbride and financially support the town that made this story possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just a movie guys. Sorry and I agree would be nice to have it filmed close to the area BUT Calgary has more movie business in the area. If no one knows how can they tell it not from Renshaw. That the way showbiz works. Some of the best movies in the world are from a soundstage in Hollywood not a real western setting
The moon landing for instance...Everybody bought that!:d:d

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'm in touch with Ron now and we're getting the participation of the Snow & Mud website to recreate a "mock" fundraising page to keep true to the efforts made by the folks on this site. We're definitely bringing exposure to McBride, despite the fact that unfortunately it just didn't have the infrastructure to support a production of this scale and we needed to close to where the local production office is in Calgary. The film is an inspired tribute to the efforts of the locals in McBride and a wonderful story.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the important thing is that snowmobilers get recognized for their efforts here. It is true that the horse people played a large part, but NO MORE than the snowmobilers and it was SNOWMOBILERS that brought the issue to the fore to begin with. They are the ones that brought up the feed to the animals during this period, as well as other supplies, helped dig, raised funds, donated funds and did all they could to help these horses. Without the snowmobilers, this rescue simply would not have happened. Hopefully the movie will send that message.

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the important thing is that snowmobilers get recognized for their efforts here. It is true that the horse people played a large part, but NO MORE than the snowmobilers and it was SNOWMOBILERS that brought the issue to the fore to begin with. They are the ones that brought up the feed to the animals during this period, as well as other supplies, helped dig, raised funds, donated funds and did all they could to help these horses. Without the snowmobilers, this rescue simply would not have happened. Hopefully the movie will send that message.

The horse people rescued the sled, the sled people rescued the horses, it all worked out in one harmonious story made for TV. :D

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you guys rescue the horses just to be on TV or in a movie? very few are true to the actual story line. it's for tv it needs to sell so who know's where it will go, looks like they are seeking some facts so hopefuly it will be close otherwise it will be what it is. a tv movie.

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you guys rescue the horses just to be on TV or in a movie? very few are true to the actual story line. it's for tv it needs to sell so who know's where it will go, looks like they are seeking some facts so hopefuly it will be close otherwise it will be what it is. a tv movie.

I want Bigfoot to play my part in the movie.

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

To be honest I did it for the free trail pass. ;) It was awesome getting up every morning in -30 weather and head up the trail, even picked up a bit of frost bite along the way. Pretty cool all that helped, they know who they are. :beer::beer:

laserRob

Reaction score

As I remember it, the diggers were overtaken by an avalanche..................only to be dug out by the horses they were there to save.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like filming began in turner valley Ab. The town is pretty busy. They even redone a store to mimic one of the sled shops in mcbride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom