Horse Rescue up the Renshaw

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well, the movie "Horses of McBride" is on CTV Sunday December 16th. I can't decide if I want to see it or not. I know it won't resemble the real story very closely, but I'm curious.

Made for TV movie. Chances are it will state it was "inspired" by the event which means nothing has to be as it really was....sort of like reality TV...lol

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, the movie "Horses of McBride" is on CTV Sunday December 16th. I can't decide if I want to see it or not. I know it won't resemble the real story very closely, but I'm curious.

have the pvr set to record it. we'll see how it is.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was filmed in turner valley so I have it set to record, I'm kind of curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah i'll probably watch it. Even tho i xpect it will only be looswly based on actual event.. It was like -30 and colder the week they spent shovelin and several ppl got frostbite. And stuff like that.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen the sled shop owner yet....(remember Glenn, the camera adds 10-15lbs)

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Wow, I'm a little disappointed. I guess those of us that know and were involved in the real story should have known better. Barry and Rod from Robson Valley Search and Rescue were out there most of the night rescuing the sledders. They are volunteers and do not get paid for this service. The stranded sledders were the ones that found the horses. Ron(rknight111) from Snow and Mud is the one that setup the donation thread and collected the monies. I have no idea who the "vegetarians" are supposed to be. The Jecks will be mortified to be portrayed as desparate as the family in the movie.

The fact remains that all sorts of people (sledders, town people, horse people) came together to rescue two horses, and we should all be proud of our community.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's a made for tv movie, sensationalism at it's best. slight reference to actual people involved, all about ratings and sales. wow nothing about the kids just killed. who'd a thunk it.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

laserRob

Reaction score
Just watched the movie online.

Yes, Made4TV, for the most part, is a fluff business.

As an outsider (Chicago), I thought they did a good job.

Aidan Quinn kept it together.

Thumbs up.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
being just 1 of hundreds that were involved in the true and live story it was not to bad. very disappointed in the way they started the story as that should have been done to the true facts but thats the movie biz. the wolf and camping part way off base but again movie biz. over all I didn't think it was to bad.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess If I didn't know the "true story" I would of enjoyed it more, was hoping to see more fact than fiction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom