Home furnace problems

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it glows flame rod is part of the igniter if it tics it will have second and independate flame rod could be at the opposite end of the burner this process is call flame rectification this is what keeps you safe

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so step 3 when the igniter glows does it establish a pilot flame or does it just light the burner

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So all that bein said what's wrong with my furnace lol what can I try next ? Motherboard ? Ground maybe ?

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It establish a flame but only for a short time like 3 seconds then fan kicks in and flame shuts down

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok maybe I'm being clear does it establish a little pilot flame or do all the burners light up when you say fan starts and it goes out which fan blower fan or venter fan ( little one on venting system)

goin for a smoke back in 5

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's got a little pilot flame yes for a very short time then the blower fan kicks in and then the flame goes out

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good now we are getting somewhere
so furnace prob has 2 brains
A main mother board and an ignition module.
the main board sounds like it probably ok but you could have a problem with ignition module
did you replace igniter and if so did you touch it with your bare fingers ?????

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replaced it yes but never touched it ( so called trained professional changed it but I watched him and he didn't touch it. )

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I appreciate you helping me out , the 3 different people that came to try and fix it gave up and I'm out a grand lol I don't mind paying for a job but paying for nothing bothers me lol

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good because oil in your skin can foul that thing just like a halogen bulb
so as stated this system is called flame rectification and that happens through the ignition module it changes an a/c into a d/c and back into a/c through the pilot flame and this happens in a split second it will be a grey or white box about 2&1/2 times bigger than a deck of cards and will have 6 to 10 wires running to it you will recognize it by what's marked where the wires go

it will marks like 24 v , 24 v grd ,th,tr, brn grd
also marks like MV,PV,

Last edited:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This device sends the signals to the gas valve and tells the burner to come after the pilot is established

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's ok you will be the smartest customer the right service tech has ever come across

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if I find that box it's possible that's the problem ? Where would I get one of those ( what store )

Top Bottom