Hockeys baaaaaacccckkkkkkk!!!!!

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nucks are on the downward spiral now, they had their shots and came up blank, look for a rebuild to start there soon too

Sent from the Dragons Lair

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the flames can catch fire.............................................na, never mind..........

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol Nev, with this shortened season, I think they are all but doomed now

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When will the oilers win another game??????

that my friend is a very good question, unfortunately i dont have the answer, although i do know what may help.
1. First and formost, as much as i love watching Nuge play center, the boy really has to step it up a notch taking a draw, he was great in Red Deer at the junior level, but just cant get his groove at the nhl level yet, puck control from the draw is a must in this day and age and someone who can hit 65 percent winning them is crucial.
2. Defense needs to be tuned up, from what ive seen this year in this shortened season, every single team in the league is using the neutral zone trap , their D needs to be very cautious and stop making so many turnovers with the puck in that area of the ice.
3. Exciting as it is to watch the kid line play, simplify it just a bit and stop trying to be so damn pretty with the puck, put it on net and get traffic there and get the ugly goals, even Smyth ive noticed isnt lurking there near as much as what he did last year, those ugly goals are what wins games.

K thats my 2 cents SBR, end rant here lol

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
that my friend is a very good question, unfortunately i dont have the answer, although i do know what may help.
1. First and formost, as much as i love watching Nuge play center, the boy really has to step it up a notch taking a draw, he was great in Red Deer at the junior level, but just cant get his groove at the nhl level yet, puck control from the draw is a must in this day and age and someone who can hit 65 percent winning them is crucial.
2. Defense needs to be tuned up, from what ive seen this year in this shortened season, every single team in the league is using the neutral zone trap , their D needs to be very cautious and stop making so many turnovers with the puck in that area of the ice.
3. Exciting as it is to watch the kid line play, simplify it just a bit and stop trying to be so damn pretty with the puck, put it on net and get traffic there and get the ugly goals, even Smyth ive noticed isnt lurking there near as much as what he did last year, those ugly goals are what wins games.

K thats my 2 cents SBR, end rant here lol

Great insight, it seems a shame to wait all this time to see the Oilers play and we get loss after loss.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least they will get another first rounder! Lol. Then they can trade for iginla and kipper next year.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who the hell would want Iggy? He doesn't start doing anything till after the first 30 games of the season are done , and Kipper is on the downward end of his career. Although he can't be any worse then Habi-boozin

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
at least 3 of the 4 recent losses resulted in 1 point... still 3 points left on the table, but they are still 3 points better than if they were regulation losses.

Excuses are useless and it's points that matter, but they can't catch a break... injuries are killing what slim advantage they may have had with a shortened season, Christ we have a 24 year old Career AHL guy centering our 2nd line...

I'd be happy with another basement pick given the short season, I don't care if they win, just keep it interesting...

Great insight, it seems a shame to wait all this time to see the Oilers play and we get loss after loss.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They need a little more grit in the top six....A guy who gets everyone wound up and taking penalties is to the OILS advantage.
Really like Dubie ,is turning the corner.....Nuge is hurt and should take the year off and fix the shoulder...imo
Justin shultz is simply un real....A norris trophy will be his one day !!!!

Remember they have a few #1 defence prospects in the system,that are close as well. I really like YAK.this kid has drive and wants to win.....He is PISSED when they lose,which is nice to see...
The flames fans are quiet ,and yes we are not setting the world on fire YET, but i can assure the young guns have a bright future....
The flames could not light up anything with a tiger torch and a drum of Gasoline...lol

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think their scouting needs some scouting lol

Top Bottom