Hockeys baaaaaacccckkkkkkk!!!!!

jjbuts

Reaction score
I cant decide weather im more excited to see the Oilers win or the Flames lose.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll MAYBE watch next seasons, still a tad pissed over the greediness...as for this season, its a wash!

Besides, Super-x is on :D

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nascar is firing up again with Daytona testing. Screw hockey!

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bunch of over paid, whiney cry babies that do nothing for society. The amount they make in their "short" career is more then I'll ever make in my "long" career. players should put back into society, give back to the communities they play in, Fans should be ashamed of them selfs supported this greed. #$%^THE NHL.

That money wasted on the players could be better spent in our hospitals, or schools. maybe even infrastructure improvements.

They players should be ashamed of themselves.

But thats just my take, I actually work for my paycheques,

:nono::realmad::nono::rant::rant::mad::realmad::nono:

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to defend the players or the owners, but the players also work for their paycheques, in fact most of them started working for their cheques at the ripe age of 3 years old, granted they do make a pile of money, thats just the economics of a sports business, look at golfers, nascar or any sport for that matter, they all make more then all of us, thats just the nature of chasing your dreams. Anyone that thinks the players themsleves dont have to work for what they earn needs to really look at what they put their bodies through day in and day out to compete at that level. Overpaid ? yes, underworked ? no.
Personally i welcome it back, as its always been a huge part of my life, my blame towards the lockout and previous ones has always been pointed at the egghead bettman and his desire to expand hockey into non traditional sunbelt areas that really dont support the sport with the passion that canadians do. Simply put , there are too many teams that are loosing billions, and it costs everybody in one way shape or form, you may not even watch a game, buy a ticket, but you can bet your azz your dollars are paying the taxes for leases, improvements ect.If you could get paid more for doing less and enjoy the lifestlye that goes with it would you not do the very same? If you say no, your kidding yourself, we all want maximum incomes, and less working to meet our goals in life, players and owners are no different sadly.
Just my 2 cents

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love hockey .. i love playing it and watching it.. ya i am kinda ticked that they are a bunch of greedy buggers but whatever i love waching hightlights and tsn top ten

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Overpaid? YES, Overworked? FK NO!

Trust me, I woulda LOVED to make the NHL and do the job/hobby I loved back in my younger days. MUCH rather than be stuck in rig camps, dirty hotels, campers, tents whatev.............fk that!!! they're WHINERS straight up!!!

Then the question arises, why didn't you chase your hobby ? By over worked I was referring to the grueling hours and years these guys devote to there workout routines, ever watched a Chris Chelios workout in a sauna on the stat bike? Can't tell me that isn't working hard. I spent 12 years running stem in the ground in every little chithole that AB, ssk, and The territories have and sure while sitting in camp sux, and tripping for 2 weeks straight gets old in a hurry , I never found it as rough as getting bag skated for 1.5 hours straight, followed by the same bag skate 2 hours later. The game has changed a lot since I played, and I can't imagine how hard they have to work just to compete at such a high level. I skated hard for an hour last night and thought I was going to need an air ambulance when I was done, these guys do this every day much like we did 20 some years ago, only they doing 50 kph instead of 25 lol

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then the question arises, why didn't you chase your hobby ? By over worked I was referring to the grueling hours and years these guys devote to there workout routines, ever watched a Chris Chelios workout in a sauna on the stat bike? Can't tell me that isn't working hard. I spent 12 years running stem in the ground in every little chithole that AB, ssk, and The territories have and sure while sitting in camp sux, and tripping for 2 weeks straight gets old in a hurry , I never found it as rough as getting bag skated for 1.5 hours straight, followed by the same bag skate 2 hours later. The game has changed a lot since I played, and I can't imagine how hard they have to work just to compete at such a high level. I skated hard for an hour last night and thought I was going to need an air ambulance when I was done, these guys do this every day much like we did 20 some years ago, only they doing 50 kph instead of 25 lol

Been in the patch for 25 years myself and still work out in the gym because I love it, not cuz I have to. Worked out back then too even after a 12 hr shift!!! Hard work yes BUT its because I love it and still do.

Sure we all do things we love because of that exact reason "We Love it" What im gettin at is how could anyone not wanna work hard at the career in the sport they love. ie: Hockey/Football etc etc..........it dont seem like work when your making a living at the sport you love.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nobody is arguing that pro athletes dont work at there job. The real question is do they work 5-8 million a year harder than the rest of us Bob? Do you think they deserve 57% of the owners hockey revenue? If they can walk from there yearly wage of millions then they are making to much money to begin with.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody is arguing that pro athletes dont work at there job. The real question is do they work 5-8 million a year harder than the rest of us Bob? Do you think they deserve 57% of the owners hockey revenue? If they can walk from there yearly wage of millions then they are making to much money to begin with.

Exactly what I meant but you summed it up and said it mucho better lol thx

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really see it much different then any other union asking for more money, better benifets ect, other then the amount of dollars being talked about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really see it much different then any other union asking for more money, better benifets ect, other then the amount of dollars being talked about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah true, never looked at it that way ...good point

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what they make... benefits? I think they can afford their own. People making 50k/yr pay for their own benefits thru Bluecross.

Reactions: RXN

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All professional athletes are overpaid. (With the possible exception of CFL players). If you don't like it, don't support the sport. The owners couldn't give a crap about the fans or they would eliminate 5 teams and 100 or of the worst players that shouldn't even be in the league. The game would be better and the schedule would be less gruelling for the players and travelling staff.

Top Bottom