Helmet Laws

racerfromhell

Reaction score
Hey people, I see this is a heated topic. In manitoba, we already have the "off road vehicles act" Here is the part that relate to helmet use.

"Helmets required

28(1) No person shall ride on or operate an off-road vehicle unless the person is wearing on his or her head a properly adjusted and securely fastened helmet in compliance with the requirements contained in the regulations under this Act.

Where helmets not required

28(2) Subsection (1) does not apply

(a) to a person operating an off-road vehicle being used in the course of farming, commercial fishing, hunting or trapping operations; or

(b) to the operator or passengers of an off-road vehicle equipped with occupant roll-over protection and seat belt assemblies that meet the safety standards prescribed in the regulations and the seat belt assemblies are being worn in a properly adjusted and securely fashioned manner.

Occupant roll-over protection

28(3) For the purposes of subsection (2), "occupant roll-over protection" means a cab or frame that is capable of supporting an off-road vehicle in an overturned position.

Seat belt required

29(1) Every operator of and passenger in an off-road vehicle which is being operated in accordance with the provisions of this Act and in which a seat belt assembly is provided, shall wear a complete seat belt assembly in a properly adjusted and securely fastened manner.

Prohibition of removal of seat belt

29(2) No person shall remove from an off-road vehicle a seat belt, or any part thereof, that was installed by the manufacturer, except to replace broken or worn seat belts or parts thereof.

Kind of nice that if you have a cage and set belt it is not REQUIRED,,,but i allways use one, with my setbelt and side nets on my RZR.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
commercial fishing?

i know some of the side by sides ive sat in, you would have to be nuts not to wear a helmet

racerfromhell

Reaction score
I know it's a bit crazy but it was also the government who made this act.......not the people who ride them

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So true racerfromhell. If everyone was truely interested in lowering injuries while quadding they would be wearing chest protectors. How many people do you see wearing them?

racerfromhell

Reaction score
So true racerfromhell. If everyone was truely interested in lowering injuries while quadding they would be wearing chest protectors. How many people do you see wearing them?

not many.....i dont have one myself but in a sxs i dont think it is nesasary as long as you keep the belt on and the nets up

Top Bottom