Hats off to the Oiler's Organization.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
My mom is 77, she has been an Oiler freak/fan for years and has held seasons tickets up in the blues since their inception into NHL many many years ago. She go a call from the Oilers office a couple weeks ago asking if she'd be able to be home today, Sept. 14th, from 3 - 5pm...she said yes. About 4 this afternoon a knock came to her door...it was Sam Gagne, Tom Gilbert and Vlad Smid personally delivering her 2010/2011 seasons tickets along with a photographer and reps from the Oiler's organization.

She had them into her house and sat and discussed the upcoming season with the bunch of them. She could not believe how much fun they were and how they enjoyed delivering her tickets. Photos, interviews and discussion ensued. She asked them some very pointed questions and asked them to play with their hearts.

Great PR Oilers…you made a long time fan very very happy. She was absolutely ecstatic.

:perfect10:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
that's awesome man.....very happy to hear they did something like that, congrats to your mom, couldnt have done it for a nicer person

great story todd.....:beer:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mom is 77, she has been an Oiler freak/fan for years and has held seasons tickets up in the blues since their inception into NHL many many years ago. She go a call from the Oilers office a couple weeks ago asking if she'd be able to be home today, Sept. 14th, from 3 - 5pm...she said yes. About 4 this afternoon a knock came to her door...it was Sam Gagne, Tom Gilbert and Vlad Smid personally delivering her 2010/2011 seasons tickets along with a photographer and reps from the Oiler's organization.

She had them into her house and sat and discussed the upcoming season with the bunch of them. She could not believe how much fun they were and how they enjoyed delivering her tickets. Photos, interviews and discussion ensued. She asked them some very pointed questions and asked them to play with their hearts.

Great PR Oilers…you made a long time fan very very happy. She was absolutely ecstatic.

:perfect10:
All in all that was a very good PR campain for the oilers.......it's nothing new though, they have done this before...but it is nice to hear of a true oilers fan...longtime oilers fan and someone very deserving of the visit........supporting a team like edmonton in the day was easy but like all oiler fans....... your mom has stuck with them through it all....... way to go !!! I hope her words of wisdom strike a chord with the players...........after all anyone who has played the game at any level know how important the hockey moms really are......Cheers to the Oil and Cheers to your Mom.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great story Todd :) I can now say there's one thing I like about the Oilers :eek:

So cool your mom stuck by them faithfully over the years, not an easy task I'm sure ;)

Top Bottom