Hard turning....

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 04 rev 800 with Fox shocks and a 162 2.5 track. I am having issues with steering this thing. I know how to ride and have more then enough weight to turn it but it is handling like a bag a poo. The Fox shocks are not feeling like they are working in the corners or when I am trying to pull a turn. Its like the side I want to go down doesnt, like if I wanted to go left and jumped on the left running board with both feet and grabbed the bars and pulled the left shock would stay up and the right one would compress.
Help me set this up pls...

Thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What skis do u have ???

Also a 162 2.5 track isn't going to want to turn easy

from my HTC

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought on your setup but maybe the center shock on the track is too soft. Puts too much downforce on the skis and if your front shocks are stiff, then you would be fighting it when turning.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going soften the center shock, pump up the fox shocks a bit more and drop the limiter strap. I am running the Simmons flexi skis.
Thanks

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going soften the center shock, pump up the fox shocks a bit more and drop the limiter strap. I am running the Simmons flexi skis.
Thanks
Increase front track shock spring preload, less air in front floats, and a bit less torsional spring pressure in the rear. I found the simmons to be a bear to turn on my revs, best ski I used were MODS.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remove the sway bar

set your skis to the narrowest position,

set your steering stem to the forward position it is easy peasy. different skis may also help. simmons with dual carbides can be a bear.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have pumped up the shocks and found a good spot to keep them at but I do think I may look at changing the simmons skis out to something else. The sleds seems to be turning way better.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pilot 6.9's are better than the stockers. Simmons are good on the trails but some guys don't like them in the powder.

sledcruiser

Reaction score
I know the 6,9s are better, but what about the previous style. Think they are the 5.7s

Top Bottom