Got boost

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yah.. Huhh.. It's a similar box to what we use.. Do you plan on putting it on the dyno?

whittaker727

Reaction score
Any idea how much Shain is asking for his sled?

If I remember correctly, he said $15,000 He told me that is with only 7 drums of fuel through the sled. I've got his phone # if anyone is interested and would like to talk to him. He is very easy to talk to and doesn't talk over your head. He'll answer questions about other peoples kits and work on them too.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are any of the other kits out there able to make the claim that OVS is making of change fuel (pump to race),change weights, and fuel map and away you go ? Seems pretty straight forward.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are any of the other kits out there able to make the claim that OVS is making of change fuel (pump to race),change weights, and fuel map and away you go ? Seems pretty straight forward.

I know that the kits we get are pretty much just as easy as that.. The 2strokes aint hard to turbo..

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 M 1000 want to run 112 Currently leaning towards Twisted Turbo s set up. Cost of installation and access to useful support being major factors also for me. This eliminates a few right off the hop. Was hoping to hear from some actual owners but thanks for input.

I got boost, m7 boondocker kit, thing runs like a top ran straight traktek 111. ran 8-13lbs boost, clutched for 10lbs but when you turn that much power you can afford to be off on clutching at lower and higher levels of boost. I had to make a few changes, fuel pump and secondary clutch. I put around 1600km on the motor with boost last season. I just finished pulling the motor apart to freshn up, but found the thing looks like new. I am currently converting the kit to pump gas and will run 7-8lbs boost. My kit was intercooled with 3071 larger turbo than typically used on m7 and found that the tuninig was very easy and consistant, only every made one change to the box and that was only to try 15lbs boost. pull the rope and ride otherwise.

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty pricy for 40hp.. The motor will takee 18lbs.. From what i've seen on the dyno i think that there numbers are inflated but that doesn't matter.. It's how the kit works in the hills that matters ..

6 lbs would put you at 200hp and in my opinion that is cheap for that kind of power at elevation. Thats the kicker the boosted hp is affected very little by elevation, and the way I have learned this is that my clutching does not change from 1500ft of elevation to 9500ft. When I ride around home my sled pulls 7900rpm at elevation 7800rpm. Thus I would assume I am not losing any hp. Also to get 200hp at elvation out of a naturally aspirated sled you talking 1400 twins or 1500 tripple those kits are not cheap at all. Just my 2 cents, can't help chiming in getting to excited for winter.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6 lbs would put you at 200hp and in my opinion that is cheap for that kind of power at elevation. Thats the kicker the boosted hp is affected very little by elevation, and the way I have learned this is that my clutching does not change from 1500ft of elevation to 9500ft. When I ride around home my sled pulls 7900rpm at elevation 7800rpm. Thus I would assume I am not losing any hp. Also to get 200hp at elvation out of a naturally aspirated sled you talking 1400 twins or 1500 tripple those kits are not cheap at all. Just my 2 cents, can't help chiming in getting to excited for winter.

You must be refering to a 1000 getting 200hp at 6lbs boost.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about turbos for the rt 1000 = do they work?

I have built a couple of them now and they work well..There is a guy on here "twin turbo" that has a rt1000 with twin turbo's on it.. We have an Rt1000 at the shop right now that has a turbo on it and it's in a carbon fibre chasis. Stop by for a look if you like.

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused:so with the funky skidoo engine mapping, you can make the turbo work ?

They work good.. The kits come with a controller so that you can change fuel mapping.. They controlers are good idea even if you dont have a turbo..

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know about anybody else,but ive seen thoses big engines blow up too many times,i think they are like ticking time bombs, turbos are cheeper then those big kits and as long as you use whatever fuel you are supposed to, they will or should out last those big bores,speaking about my friends who tried them.Buddy of mine put one in his rmk and it blew on the 2nd day,then it took him all season to get it fixed.:rant:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The turbo kits that we use we have a set-up that we put in the controller and set fuel pressure where it needs to be and a few other things and it's good to go..

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post some pics please! (I know you got 'em). How is the injector issue handled?

Top Bottom