Got boost

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PHP:
Getting ready to start shopping for a turbo for a M 1000. Just wondering who is running what, and how do you like/dislike it? What were the costs (kit, installation)? Do you have to change reeds and how often? What fuel are you useing ?

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This brings about a very interesting question i have for all you 2 stroke turbo guys. When installing your turbo's on a 2 stroke engine, do you do any internal engine mods, or just bolt it on and go????

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This brings about a very interesting question i have for all you 2 stroke turbo guys. When installing your turbo's on a 2 stroke engine, do you do any internal engine mods, or just bolt it on and go????
Wouldn't you have to hog out the ports? not much point cramming more air into the cylinder if it can't get out...(remember I'm an electrician, not a mechanic):)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Depends on what kind of boost you are running, what type of fuel you want to run, where you want to make power, what you mean by internal mods, etc. Most require a little re-working, but all depends on the parameters you set out first when you design your system and what your setup will be.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PHP:
Getting ready to start shopping for a turbo for a M 1000. Just wondering who is running what, and how do you like/dislike it? What were the costs (kit, installation)? Do you have to change reeds and how often? What fuel are you useing ?

Someone will no doubt be happy to help you....but it will be easier if you tell what you want outta your turbo.
I've run the boondocker kit with reasonable success 6 to 8 lbs. Had considerable issues with the box, there fore went to the PL box. Improved greatly. Ran a mix fuel for secruity. Changed T-bodies on the M1000 but did not not on the 8. Kit if I remember was 8400 landed[I think]. Ask Glengine for install prices, we do our own work.
I rode a OVS turbo last year and it was far superior inevery way. I have also heard the new BD is a big improvement from the last production.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what year your M1000 is if you have to do any internal engine mods.. If it is an '08m1000 you can run stock motor with no problem.. If it is an '07 you need to change some parts.. I built one last winter at the shop i work at , and the owner ran it on straight race fuel and ran it at 16lbs boost .. He put over 1000 miles on it last winter and when he pulled the head off to take a look because he broke a head bolt he was amazed to see that the pistons looked like brand new still.. With the BD set-up i would advise changing the throttle bodies and fuel pump.. The kit comes with an auxilaryfuel pump you add into the existing fuel system but if you put the right aftermarket pump into the the tank and replace the stock one you dont need the auxilary pump.. The way a turbo works is it boosts power on a percentage basis.. So if you port your motor and such you will be able to make more power because you are starting out with more power, but it's not necesarry.. It is recommended to run stock reeds or there is a company now that is making reeds for turbo motors.. There is also companies that are making 1200 big bore kits that are specifically designed to be run with a turbo and are making 400+ hp. But as said before what exactly are you looking to get out of your kit hp wise? We sell both BD kits and Aerocharger turbo kits.. Both kits work well.. The aerocharger set-up is lighter than the BD.. The aero kit weighs about 30lb's in total. We put an aerocharger kit onto an '08 xp800 and from totally stock weight it only gained 3lbs in weight after turbo was installed.. If you have any more questions i'd be glad to help if i can.. Winters a comin... SWEEET!!!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well it depends on what sled you are putting it on.. Some sleds you have to do internal engine mods where as other ones you do not have to do any mods to the motor. Depending on how much boost you are running that is..

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice glengine 9 more pages and you will have everything covered.;) I took the lazy route and asked him what he wants:d:d
Good response glad ya jumped in.....
Hows the summer going? Ya building some awesome 2 strokers? Heard some big news outta the Linderman camp any truth?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice glengine 9 more pages and you will have everything covered.;) I took the lazy route and asked him what he wants:d:d
Good response glad ya jumped in.....
Hows the summer going? Ya building some awesome 2 strokers? Heard some big news outta the Linderman camp any truth?

Things are goin awesome.. Buildin some more turbo doo's and got a M1000 comin in for a 1200 turbo kit.. Doin a bunch of cr tunnels and other good stuff.. I thought i'd just give a quick breif overview...Hahahaha..LOL..LOL.. What part of the linderman deal are you refering to? And are you almost all healed up now?

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things are goin awesome.. Buildin some more turbo doo's and got a M1000 comin in for a 1200 turbo kit.. Doin a bunch of cr tunnels and other good stuff.. I thought i'd just give a quick breif overview...Hahahaha..LOL..LOL.. What part of the linderman deal are you refering to? And are you almost all healed up now?
Quick note ..yes getting better....small hijack
You tell us about the turbo system he has developed, did you you guys R&D

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick note ..yes getting better....small hijack
You tell us about the turbo system he has developed, did you you guys R&D

I actually havnt talked to them about there new turbo kit.. We didn't do any r&d for there's. But have done some with other kits.. We are probably going to put a big 66 series aerocharger onto one of the '09 Xp's next year.. I'm going to have to get ahold of them and chat with what they goin on.. I love boost..

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually havnt talked to them about there new turbo kit.. We didn't do any r&d for there's. But have done some with other kits.. We are probably going to put a big 66 series aerocharger onto one of the '09 Xp's next year.. I'm going to have to get ahold of them and chat with what they goin on.. I love boost..

Could be very interesting with Brent's mind set. Bored and cored to the max under pressure. This will answer many ?'s about where the line is and is it worth finding the line.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be very interesting with Brent's mind set. Bored and cored to the max under pressure. This will answer many ?'s about where the line is and is it worth finding the line.

Yah well i know that there has been alot of r&d goin on with 1200 kit`s for turbo`s specifically.. I know for a fact that there will be a couple in this area nextr winter.. And on ythe dyno`s they`ve been gettin over 400 hp... As well as big torque numbers ( not sure exact number though).. Even the stage three turbo yam`mies wsill have to watch out... 2strokes are comin!!!!! LOL...LOL..

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 M 1000 want to run 112 Currently leaning towards Twisted Turbo s set up. Cost of installation and access to useful support being major factors also for me. This eliminates a few right off the hop. Was hoping to hear from some actual owners but thanks for input.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 M 1000 want to run 112 Currently leaning towards Twisted Turbo s set up. Cost of installation and access to useful support being major factors also for me. This eliminates a few right off the hop. Was hoping to hear from some actual owners but thanks for input.
If I'am not mistaken the Twisted set up was R and D'd last year....I dont think it was available to the customer..[select few]...I couild be wrong. But if that true getting comments on that set up could be tough. Your talking about Shain Stangers set up right??
Sorry we couldn't help and good luck with your build.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't mean to offend, appreciate interest and input. No shortage of people trying to sell me one, hard time catching up to someone who is just joe sledder. Twisted's package installed is pretty good price, everybodies kits are close in price but have been told Shains kit is installed ready to ride for 1000 bucks. Waiting for confirmation on that, No one else comes close there.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Didn't mean to offend, appreciate interest and input. No shortage of people trying to sell me one, hard time catching up to someone who is just joe sledder. Twisted's package installed is pretty good price, everybodies kits are close in price but have been told Shains kit is installed ready to ride for 1000 bucks. Waiting for confirmation on that, No one else comes close there.

Did I read that correctly" 1000 bucks" for boost. Sounds like a hamster in a wheel to me.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kit costs same as everyone elses, installation said to be 1000$. Still waiting on confirmation of that.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Stanger turbo should be a great set-up....I believe it's based on the OGDEN design with input from Stanger and Story. What is your qoated price...6500 ish?.Is that install price mean a trip to Utah?
Happy Boosting

Top Bottom