Got boost

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NEAT DEAL indeed.........A holiday trip to UTAH....with a real meaning to it.
Turbo installed by one of the Designers of the set -up should be a win win....keep us posted.
Good Luck sorry we couldn't be more informative about your specific product.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For that sled depending what all the kit entails that a fairly good price.. On the '09 i dont think that we would actually be all that much higher price for install.. But are you getting other throttle bodies ? Fuel pump?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did some investigating and To install a turbo on that particular sled it should not be any more than 1000.00.. Because no internal engine mods neede it's a pretty simple install.. Should ber able to have you a kit for approx 7500. istalled.. The guy that builds our kits for us has over 10yrs experience running/building turbo kits.. Informative support after the fact is not a problem.. Hope this helps..

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No sled can hitch a free ride if i have it by end of sept. I will post his kits picture when i get 1. Most of my info from SW and a fellow i recently had dealings with who has been quite helpfull on another project.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did some investigating and To install a turbo on that particular sled it should not be any more than 1000.00.. Because no internal engine mods neede it's a pretty simple install.. Should ber able to have you a kit for approx 7500. istalled.. The guy that builds our kits for us has over 10yrs experience running/building turbo kits.. Informative support after the fact is not a problem.. Hope this helps..

I'll be in to see you in the next week.

whittaker727

Reaction score
couple of pics of Shains "twisted" set up. $8500 installed with gauges, clutching, porting, re-cut the stock head, pipe mod, fuel pump and vents.
twisted.jpg

twisted2.jpg

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pump gas kit would be low boost.. Like 6lbs.. If a person is going to spend the money on a turbo i'd recommend going for the full real deal.. Run the C111 then you can run her at like 16 or more lbs boost and make around 300hp. And the best part is the fact that it also makes 195ft lbs of torque at 10lbs boost..

whittaker727

Reaction score
Pump gas kit would be low boost.. Like 6lbs.. If a person is going to spend the money on a turbo i'd recommend going for the full real deal.. Run the C111 then you can run her at like 16 or more lbs boost and make around 300hp. And the best part is the fact that it also makes 195ft lbs of torque at 10lbs boost..
I was told about 40 hp on the pump gas kit. Full race with cylinder porting and secondary injectors 10lbs will be about 300 hp and the motor and kit are capable of withstanding 18 lbs of boost putting you up around 375-380 HP:d We'll see when I get mine back how she goes:beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told about 40 hp on the pump gas kit. Full race with cylinder porting and secondary injectors 10lbs will be about 300 hp and the motor and kit are capable of withstanding 18 lbs of boost putting you up around 375-380 HP:d We'll see when I get mine back how she goes:beer:

Thats pretty pricy for 40hp.. The motor will takee 18lbs.. From what i've seen on the dyno i think that there numbers are inflated but that doesn't matter.. It's how the kit works in the hills that matters ..

whittaker727

Reaction score
Thats pretty pricy for 40hp.. The motor will takee 18lbs.. From what i've seen on the dyno i think that there numbers are inflated but that doesn't matter.. It's how the kit works in the hills that matters ..
That's what I thought about the pump gas kit too so that's why I went with the full race. The way it was explained to me was 10 HP per pound of boost. The motor will take more than 18 lbs, just not for long:d Like you said, it's how the kit works on the hill and from what I've been told by those that have seen and riden this kit....I'll be grinning like Michael Jackson at a boys summer camp:p

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought about the pump gas kit too so that's why I went with the full race. The way it was explained to me was 10 HP per pound of boost. The motor will take more than 18 lbs, just not for long:d Like you said, it's how the kit works on the hill and from what I've been told by those that have seen and riden this kit....I'll be grinning like Michael Jackson at a boys summer camp:p

I hope the kit works well for you.. Are you going to put an air/fuel gauge on it? I would recommend putting a good one on.. That way you know exactly if it's lean in an area or not.. Let me know how it all works out.

whittaker727

Reaction score
I hope the kit works well for you.. Are you going to put an air/fuel gauge on it? I would recommend putting a good one on.. That way you know exactly if it's lean in an area or not.. Let me know how it all works out.

That's why I went with Shain. His kits are "COMPLETE" Clutching, porting, AFR and boost gauge, venting and all of the little tricks that make a sled rip. Now I just have to wait for snow:(

Top Bottom