Got boost

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet Bro! Just picked up my 09. Going with an OVS setup. What do you have for a primary? Whats your compression at? What flavour of liquid Sunshine are you runnin'?(octane#) Thanks for posting pics.

Last edited:

whittaker727

Reaction score
Vern, mine has the 4 post primary on it spinning 77gr weights. I can run as low as 110 octane up to 12 lbs but I'll go ahead and run 112 just so I can boost it up if I want too
Twister~ that is full of fuel at 577 LBS I should loose another 7-10 lbs with my front end and my new hood. I'm hoping to be mid 560's full of fuel when I'm all done.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, except for still waiting for a front end from Fabcraft, here it is Twisted turbo M1000 Fabcraft 174 tunnel, 174X15X2.5 Camo extreme, Timbersled rear, Boss seat, R&M mesh hood, Slydogg ski's comes to 577 lbs full of fluids.

I didn't expect to see a 20 lb difference from left side to right... seems like a lot.. :cool:

whittaker727

Reaction score
I was shocked myself. I figured, the DD is on the left side, but it's a diamond lite from BDX and saved 11 lbs with no reverse, the pipe hangs over the left side too, but then the turbo, exhaust and oil tank are all on the right side, so go figure. Maybe I used air from a different elevation in one shock.

whittaker727

Reaction score
I also just ordered a drum of 116 so that I can turn the boost up from time to time if I know someone is going to want to race or I'm riding somewhere nasty requiring more power

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much got the boost part covered, now am wondering what people are doing with the rear skid? Is there any setup tips to be had or does a guy just get in line for a M-10?

whittaker727

Reaction score
Save your money on the M10 and buy my 1150:) it's already got a holz setup with floats. I've been told that the '09 skid works really well as is.

climbin

Reaction score
I posted pictures of the Cutler turbo setup that was just unloaded in my shop on my albums. Haven't had any time to work on the chassis yet but they did a great job on the install.

I was going to run 114 fuel and 12-13 lbs boost. My engine has been modified with lower port timing and Cutler heads opened up to 92 thou so I'm hoping that will take care of the detonation at that boost level

Have you made any progress with the water/meth. I run it in my diesel and it works great. I have some concerns about the methanol scrubbing the oil film off the nikasil and causing scarring. Also have a little concern about dumping a methanol mixture under my hood when the blow off valve goes.

Also switching to a diamond light as well. According to Cutler the reverse drive will not handle the turbos power.

climbin

Reaction score
couple of pictures

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 58

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much got the boost part covered, now am wondering what people are doing with the rear skid? Is there any setup tips to be had or does a guy just get in line for a M-10?

KMOD with transfer blocks. Need i say more;)

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good looking setup, really like their throttle bodies. Do they offer any exhaust options, different pipe, or a bolt together exhaust?

climbin

Reaction score
it's a Garrett 50. Pretty sure that's the only exhaust that he offers. It sounds somewhere in between stock and a can, pretty quiet, sort of sleeper like.

-albertaboy-

Reaction score
it's a Garrett 50. Pretty sure that's the only exhaust that he offers. It sounds somewhere in between stock and a can, pretty quiet, sort of sleeper like.

if you think about it a turbo kinda baffles the exhaust notes, breaks them up a bit so their not as loud.

Top Bottom