Gore-Tex is a marketing gimmick !

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s funny how people need a ‘YouTube’ video for others to make there own educated decision…. Sad day boys!
i fully agree with that dude and i've got plenty of experience pulling all my kit off to then be surprised at how much moisture transfer didn't happen. granted my experience was a little more extreme than the typical weekend warrior but still. it worked great for me while sitting still in a deer stand or goose blind but it doesn't mention that sort of restriction on the tag.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be better than spending thousands of dollars trying different things out?

Youtube is awesome.

Agree and disagree

Sometimes you just gatta get out and experience your gear and ride. If it works, run with it.

First problem is that it is thousands of dollars for fabric.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It ain't the fabric but rather the licensing fees that drive the $$$$.....fabric / garments likely mass produced in China / Taiwan like everything else ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree and disagree

Sometimes you just gatta get out and experience your gear and ride. If it works, run with it.

When it comes to sled gear, I don't really need any help picking it out. So I don't watch videos on that.
But on lots of other stuff, that I know nothing about it is very helpful.

For example, i just bought a wood chipper. I knew fk all about wood chippers.
Watched a few video's and when I pulled the trigger I had an idea about what I was buying.

But ya youtubers didn't chip the wood for me. Eventually you'll have to get your hands dirty.

If you already know everything you need to know about winter jackets, then there is no sense watching it

Last edited:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what people are expecting.. I know that when I have been riding hard and sweating like crazy I get off and if looks like a fog machine is stuffed in my pants. If you want to wear a rain suit giver.. goretex works for me.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome if S&m outdoor experts made a video to de-bunk this goober.

There has to be some way of messuring ball sweat wicking factor in the back country 🤣

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sledding Gore-Tex and the right material for layers always made the riding days more pleasant, especially during a day of many stucks and heavy perspiration. Getting back to the truck dry and not shivering is a bonus or worse getting stranded on the hill for the night, then you want the best you can get!
I fish the north wet coast often and it rains just a bit nothing but the best material or life becomes miserable rather quick.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my experience Gore-Tex Pro > E-vent > the others.

I've only been using Gore-Tex Pro for SAR for 8 years though so a YouTuber might know more than me.

I have lots of Goretex gear and also eVent gear. Both are awesome, but I give the edge to eVent. Great riding gear that always keeps me dry in the most extreme conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom