Good alternative to klim boot?

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought some stompers at the show this year. really excited to try them out. rode with snowboard boots last 2 years and will NEVER do it again. they dont have the grip you need and my feet were always soaked. only thing ill miss is the stiffness. stompers seem soft to them. but for 150 sale price at the show i would have been retarded not to buy em.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the Klim gortex boot and i have never had wet feet in 4 +yrs now....You should try Pro Bass for some IrishSetter hiking boots.i have a pair that are Gortex and i paid 100 bucks for them.I can stand in 6-8" of water for hrs while fishing and my feet stay dry.Light and comfy to!!800 grams of Thinsulate for insulation. Photo on 12-11-02 at 8.27 PM.jpg Photo on 12-11-02 at 8.27 PM #2.jpg

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crap I just bought a set of Klim adrenalin, sounds like they are leakers? Nothing worse than wet feet! I have until now run altimate boots, just like conventional snow boots only knock is zero support. Thanks for the heads up on the Klim might take them back and get some motorfist, I have the motorfist pants and they are definatley water proof.

Austin Scarff

Reaction score
Just recently got myself a pair of motor fist Stompers, and they are the nicest boots i have ever worn, and to me they dont seem to be heavy either.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of Burton Moto boots
Not as stiff as other (comparable to HMK teams) but what sold me was the tie system
Best in every industry if u ask me
Also they have some neat technology in them where a size 10 has the footprint of a 9
super light, comfy as h*ll too

grip seems fine.... Boards these days seem like razor blades and will grip anything u put on them
Burton has been making gear longer than any snowmobile company has, and has some innovative ideas/tech

Nothing against MF or Klim, but the gear and boots just does nothing for me

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to the show looking at motor fist boots, could not believe how heavy they were still on the hunt but columbia or some thing will be my options. Not going to look like Mr heavy foot off the old sitcom four on the floor

Omgosh I have to share a story. I wear the motorfist Stompers.. to me they are super light. Living up the mountain I really want to make sure my kids are warm and dry on their trip up to our house every day. My son Sage, who is 10 was eyeing up my stomper boots. The kids have to quad up then sled up to our place when the schoolbus drops them off. You should have seen Mr. Sage light up when I told him he could wear my boots. At school, a classmate came up to him and asked him why he's wearing heavy workboots to school. Sage said.. they are sledding boots.. and they are super light... so he let the boy try them on.. then all the kids lined up to try the boots on ........ WOW they are LIGHT!! was the general consensus.. Now kids are asking for Motorfist boots to wear to school. lol.

So moral of the story.. My 10 year old son feels they are comfy and light enough to climb trees, play in the park, go quadding, and sledding in.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought some stompers at the show this year. really excited to try them out. rode with snowboard boots last 2 years and will NEVER do it again. they dont have the grip you need and my feet were always soaked. only thing ill miss is the stiffness. stompers seem soft to them. but for 150 sale price at the show i would have been retarded not to buy em.

150 BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF DID U FIND THAT DEAL AT THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everywhere i went I got shutdown at the thought of ANY deal at the show!!!!!!! even if I offered to buy boots at listed price and get a discount on something else the vendors were like NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was kind of dissapointed at the booths that were selling Motorfist this year.... Seems every booth selling MF had a meeting each morning before opening and each booth I went to had the EXACT same speal about why they cant go lower on price and why Motorfist will just take the boots out of their store if they went any lower that Show sale price blah blah blah..... "Show price is show price" is what I got for an answer 4 times at 4 different booths at the show

The way I see it Trade shows are supposed to be about getting the name out there AT WHATEVER COST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So what you lost a few bucks on Show weekend, at least you will make up for it the rest of the season... ESPECIALLY with the price you charge for a pair of boots.....

Also.... Was starting to question the whole "Replaceable good-year soles" on these boots... No where on the box OR the boots does it say that good-year had any part in the soles.... no trademark no "Goodyear TM" or "good-year ltd" or anything else that tells me Goofyear is ACTUALLY used in these boots...

Seems like a good boot, but a lot of gaps in their story and sales pitch.... I would have GLADLY bought 3 pair at 150 bucks!!!! Great boot, but not for the $240 that they were asking for them on Saturday during the show.... Even 5% off would have gotten my feet in the boots!!!!!!

PBNFLD

Reaction score
KLIM, HMK, MF, all good boots. Just comes to fit I think

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
150 BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF DID U FIND THAT DEAL AT THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everywhere i went I got shutdown at the thought of ANY deal at the show!!!!!!! even if I offered to buy boots at listed price and get a discount on something else the vendors were like NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was kind of dissapointed at the booths that were selling Motorfist this year.... Seems every booth selling MF had a meeting each morning before opening and each booth I went to had the EXACT same speal about why they cant go lower on price and why Motorfist will just take the boots out of their store if they went any lower that Show sale price blah blah blah..... "Show price is show price" is what I got for an answer 4 times at 4 different booths at the show

The way I see it Trade shows are supposed to be about getting the name out there AT WHATEVER COST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So what you lost a few bucks on Show weekend, at least you will make up for it the rest of the season... ESPECIALLY with the price you charge for a pair of boots.....

Also.... Was starting to question the whole "Replaceable good-year soles" on these boots... No where on the box OR the boots does it say that good-year had any part in the soles.... no trademark no "Goodyear TM" or "good-year ltd" or anything else that tells me Goofyear is ACTUALLY used in these boots...

Seems like a good boot, but a lot of gaps in their story and sales pitch.... I would have GLADLY bought 3 pair at 150 bucks!!!! Great boot, but not for the $240 that they were asking for them on Saturday during the show.... Even 5% off would have gotten my feet in the boots!!!!!!

I think one thing you have to realize is that Motorfist dealers support one another.. we want the product to be a success, we want to be a success, but we also work together. I ran out of product.. our first year at the show as a vendor, and there were many things I could have done better. Tim from Camrose Arctic Cat stepped up and helped me out tremendously. I returned the favor, and will continue to as I respect the other dealers. If you need some sort of a payment plan for you to get into some quality boots perhaps your local dealer can help you out. I think the moral of the story is some dealers are trying to maintain the integrity of the product while still contributing to the industry.. and still trying to be there for our customers. I am incredibly thankful for all of our customers, whether they were at the show, or the ones I see at our store in Nelson. I hope to give back to the community any way I possibly can. When Main jet generates income it is not so my bosses can go muh ha ha haaaa.. look how filthy stinkin rich we are.. let's go take our ferrari and lambourginis and cruise the streets so we can throw vegetables at the peasants.. We all discuss as a business how we can keep on keeping on amidst cross border shopping, inflation and online market places so we can continue to exist within our community.

those of you who bought boots from me.. Thank you. You are appreciated! To other Motorfist Dealers and Motorfist.. High five.. good game slap on the butt.
Let it SNOW!!!

Trish
Main Jet Motorsports

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wore Klim Adrenalines for the last 3 years but last year my feet were getting wet so I went to the Martin booth to try on the new version and didn't like how they felt-a lot stiffer. Went over to the Camrose Arctic Booth and the owner was making sure I was well taken care of. Ended up with a pair of pants and a pair of Stompers....very comfy, I think I would have liked the top part of the boot to wrap around my leg a little more so that I don't have to tie them up so tight to keep the snow out....so far Im happy with my purchase...for $150, compared to $300 for the Klim......they're worth a try!! Im happy to hear of so many positive reviews!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think one thing you have to realize is that Motorfist dealers support one another.. we want the product to be a success, we want to be a success, but we also work together. I ran out of product.. our first year at the show as a vendor, and there were many things I could have done better. Tim from Camrose Arctic Cat stepped up and helped me out tremendously. I returned the favor, and will continue to as I respect the other dealers. If you need some sort of a payment plan for you to get into some quality boots perhaps your local dealer can help you out. I think the moral of the story is some dealers are trying to maintain the integrity of the product while still contributing to the industry.. and still trying to be there for our customers. I am incredibly thankful for all of our customers, whether they were at the show, or the ones I see at our store in Nelson. I hope to give back to the community any way I possibly can. When Main jet generates income it is not so my bosses can go muh ha ha haaaa.. look how filthy stinkin rich we are.. let's go take our ferrari and lambourginis and cruise the streets so we can throw vegetables at the peasants.. We all discuss as a business how we can keep on keeping on amidst cross border shopping, inflation and online market places so we can continue to exist within our community.

those of you who bought boots from me.. Thank you. You are appreciated! To other Motorfist Dealers and Motorfist.. High five.. good game slap on the butt.
Let it SNOW!!!

Trish
Main Jet Motorsports

MOMMA,

I not as cheap as I may have initially sounded.....At the end of the day I DID buy a pair of Stompers (at "show price") and am sure I will enjoy them (Along with the other 2G I tossed into the Snowmobiling Community at the show), I already do, I'm just expressing my point of view about the situation.... 2G spent and the only brand I could not get a deal on at the show was Motorfist.... Everywhere else it was 10-15%, regardless what I bought... Sunday must have been the day to buy, would have come home with 2 truckloads of stuff instead of 1 LOL!!!!!!!!!!

But hey, great job for nailing a deal like that!!!!!!!!! shoulda been walking the vendors with you!!! LOL

Last edited:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I luv my klim ...
I used 2 b a snowboarder with a sled ... but now I'm a sledneck ( I knew that would happen)
I do everything in my klim, including snowboarding !!! ok so there's not quite enough padding under the heel for 30 ft stomps but the all round comprimise is totally worth it.
I fish in them ...
I wade thru water in them ...
I get fire wood in them ...
I go to the bar in them and they rock !!!
the sole has no signs of wear no matter how hard I kick snow out of my runners ... cant do that in snowboard boots !!!
they are the most comfortable booot I have ever had for snow ch!t shows and I still struggle to find boots that work and I only wear boots ... anywhere ...
I have issues with a long toe (don't ask) and these boots are perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last year buddy has same boots and tells me his feet are wet, boot look fine!!! ... ??? he tells me they are 4 years old ... no ch!t ... eh ???

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hell I'd be willing to drive to sask show for that price!!! Lol If only new the name of vender, common rise out of the ashes! Lol

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda sounds like price fix'n was going on tell the last day in some booths .

Top Bottom