What’s the best boot for mountain riding right now?

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have had klim boots for the last 10 years and the first pair worked flawlessly and eventually wore out so I bought the new boa ones last winter and broke 2 cables and the wires wore through the boots. Klim did refund the full amount but in a gift card only to be used on there website. But they are sold out of every boot basically even the lace up ones that I wanted now instead of the boa. I am now wondering what other boots are actually good?

image2.jpg

image0.jpg

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The adrenaline klim lace ups - as far as I'm concerned no BOA is construction grade - I rock the black diamond goretex gaiters from mec over them and for me and how I ride - they are goondocker approved - had to take the gaiters to a sewing shop and get em modified to fit - g2g

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The adrenaline klim lace ups - as far as I'm concerned no BOA is construction grade - I rock the black diamond goretex gaiters from mec over them and for me and how I ride - they are goondocker approved - had to take the gaiters to a sewing shop and get em modified to fit - g2g
For two decades I was doing at least 5 to 10,000 K a season between the mountains and ditch Banging. The only boot that ever lasted and kept me dry and warm was Klim. And even they would start to crack by the laces and maybe leak but that’s after a ton of days and miles. Klim boot soles also obviously don’t last either. But for a few light weight boot and to keep me warm and dry they lasted me the longest

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For two decades I was doing at least 5 to 10,000 K a season between the mountains and ditch Banging. The only boot that ever lasted and kept me dry and warm was Klim. And even they would start to crack by the laces and maybe leak but that’s after a ton of days and miles. Klim boot soles also obviously don’t last either. But for a few light weight boot and to keep me warm and dry they lasted me the longest. Always laces would break too. I would never try the BOA style. Not sure why they needed to replace the laces with that. Laces are the original fastening tool of footwear and work great.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For two decades I was doing at least 5 to 10,000 K a season between the mountains and ditch Banging. The only boot that ever lasted and kept me dry and warm was Klim. And even they would start to crack by the laces and maybe leak but that’s after a ton of days and miles. Klim boot soles also obviously don’t last either. But for a few light weight boot and to keep me warm and dry they lasted me the longest
Bud klim fer da win all day - the adrenaline lace ups are like $3hundy and change I mean if them b#tches last 2 seasons your winnin - I fell in a brutal 20 ft deep bomb hole at chappel last season down to bed rock and over 2 feet of water and slush, got soaked up to my belly button - rode the rest of the day - I had to put out so I stayed warm but in the end klim is gawd damn goldee in my books

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bud klim fer da win all day - the adrenaline lace ups are like $3hundy and change I mean if them b#tches last 2 seasons your winnin - I fell in a brutal 20 ft deep bomb hole at chappel last season down to bed rock and over 2 feet of water and slush, got soaked up to my belly button - rode the rest of the day - I had to put out so I stayed warm but in the end klim is gawd damn goldee in my books
I fell in a witch eyeI in blue river straight down to the water. Feet were dry after as well LOL

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have had klim boots for the last 10 years and the first pair worked flawlessly and eventually wore out so I bought the new boa ones last winter and broke 2 cables and the wires wore through the boots. Klim did refund the full amount but in a gift card only to be used on there website. But they are sold out of every boot basically even the lace up ones that I wanted now instead of the boa. I am now wondering what other boots are actually good?

View attachment 246766
View attachment 246767
I bought the GTX Pro Adrenaline boots like 5 years ago. Ch!T they're like brand new. I ride hard and put on lost of miles?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing the Klim Adrenaline lace ups. I love the for comfort. They are wide. And my cat boards are narrow. I fumble my feet on the boards. Could be just the way I ride.
I was disappointed in the seams. The one boot the seam pulled apart their second season.
Slapped some flex seal tape on it and its been good.
The souls are soft on them and the boards do chew them up.

Just what I see wearing them.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another vote for klim adrenaline lace ups. Wore mine out after 3 years. Switched to motofist and not as good as the klim but it was what dealer had last year.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
klim boots suck... there big, clumpy, no dexterity, always dent the brake guard, heavy, and there pricey.

Columbia bugaboot, been wearing these along time now. Hard to be for price point, mobility, light, and slim fitting. Todays running boards beat the crap out of the bottoms. Id prefer that over beating the running boards.

cabelas, basspro, campers village, sport check... etc etc.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd (maybe 4th????) Season of the Klim adrenaline boas. Running board sliced the toe open first season. Bit of Dollarama epoxy and have never had a problem.
Granted I switched to snowbike after one season.....so definitely not as hard on boots.

Top Bottom