FXR/BOA Warranty

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing Sherm's post on the 509 warranty reminded me that last night I received the parts I required to repair my broken BOA system on my FXR boots.

So I will start out mentioning, I have worn a few pairs of Klim boots, a pair of Motorfist boots and most recently the last two winters a pair of FXR Tactic BOA's.

I have never had a previous boot issue but at some point in time the BOA knob on the tongue of the boot obviously contacted something, likely the running board but I cannot recall a specific incident on the day it happened and it was busted. I was disappointed because these boots have been my favorite boot thus far and I always wondered what would happen if I broke it. Someone mentioned the "Lifetime Warranty" on the BOA system, thanks for bringing that up whoever it was, :beer: so I figured I would contact FXR first. FXR said yes no problem we can send you out a new cartridge but you can also have BOA send you what you need as well as regardless if I followed the FXR warranty process or BOA's it would likely take the same amount of time to get the cartridge out.

So I figured I would just check and see what the BOA process was. Well, let me tell you, I went on the website, found the warranty section, clicked the parts I needed with my info, hit submit and a few hours later received an email saying the parts were shipped. No fuss, no muss, no questioning how it broke, and no charge for anything.

If anyone is ever questioning the BOA system for your boots I wouldn't worry if you considered a few things. So if you did break something like the cable or the cartridge like I did, your boots are almost useless until its repaired. I did wear mine the following 3 days and just taped around the boot with hockey tape but it wasn't ideal. So be prepared to either be without the boot or like me have a back up.

I will also take this time to address the "you get what you pay for" comments someone liked to throw out there when I mentioned this previously. This was the easiest warranty I have dealt with. A true life time warranty, no one to suggest wear and tear to avoid you getting your moneys worth on their product. It broke, no argument, they warranty it. :)

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boa=fantastic warranty.
Broke a cartridge on my hmk boots few years back. They have a double boa system. I was able to run the cable to the good cartridge and I was back in business until the new parts came in.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me too, snowboard boots have gone through a half dozen. Warranty was Never questioned.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I will also take this time to address the "you get what you pay for" comments someone liked to throw out there when I mentioned this previously. This was the easiest warranty I have dealt with. A true life time warranty, no one to suggest wear and tear to avoid you getting your moneys worth on their product. It broke, no argument, they warranty it. :)

Just for the record, nothing ever "broke" on the gear that "you get what you paid for" but wear and tear is common. It is their decision, period. Wore out or rider abuse is quiet easy to deny warranty on their part and I don't blame them.

I stand behind my gear because it works. Get to the keyboard and with a few strokes bash away and keep up the tradition.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, nothing ever "broke" on the gear that "you get what you paid for" but wear and tear is common. It is their decision, period. Wore out or rider abuse is quiet easy to deny warranty on their part and I don't blame them.

I stand behind my gear because it works. Get to the keyboard and with a few strokes bash away and keep up the tradition.

Well I guess I just don't consider $1200 worth of gear to be worn out in 75 rides. It tells me there was something wrong with the material. Guys can get warranty on items 5+ years old yet on something that didn't last a season and a half isn't and they just happened to change the material for the following season tells me they knew it was an issue and just wanted to use "wear and tear" to avoid warranty claims.

Honestly you take so much offence to me offering my Klim warranty experience it's actually amusing. Wow someone has a bad experience and they shouldn't share it because some others haven't had a bad experience. Great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing Sherm's post on the 509 warranty reminded me that last night I received the parts I required to repair my broken BOA system on my FXR boots.

So I will start out mentioning, I have worn a few pairs of Klim boots, a pair of Motorfist boots and most recently the last two winters a pair of FXR Tactic BOA's.

I have never had a previous boot issue but at some point in time the BOA knob on the tongue of the boot obviously contacted something, likely the running board but I cannot recall a specific incident on the day it happened and it was busted. I was disappointed because these boots have been my favorite boot thus far and I always wondered what would happen if I broke it. Someone mentioned the "Lifetime Warranty" on the BOA system, thanks for bringing that up whoever it was, :beer: so I figured I would contact FXR first. FXR said yes no problem we can send you out a new cartridge but you can also have BOA send you what you need as well as regardless if I followed the FXR warranty process or BOA's it would likely take the same amount of time to get the cartridge out.

So I figured I would just check and see what the BOA process was. Well, let me tell you, I went on the website, found the warranty section, clicked the parts I needed with my info, hit submit and a few hours later received an email saying the parts were shipped. No fuss, no muss, no questioning how it broke, and no charge for anything.

If anyone is ever questioning the BOA system for your boots I wouldn't worry if you considered a few things. So if you did break something like the cable or the cartridge like I did, your boots are almost useless until its repaired. I did wear mine the following 3 days and just taped around the boot with hockey tape but it wasn't ideal. So be prepared to either be without the boot or like me have a back up.

Thank you, i didn't know this about the warranty. I have the same boots and i too agree best boots i've ever owned and worn.
Again thanks for the post.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

I have never had a previous boot issue but at some point in time the BOA knob on the tongue of the boot obviously contacted something, likely the running board but I cannot recall a specific incident on the day it happened and it was busted. I was disappointed because these boots have been my favorite boot thus far and I always wondered what would happen if I broke it. Someone mentioned the "Lifetime Warranty" on the BOA system, thanks for bringing that up whoever it was, so I figured I would contact FXR first. FXR said yes no problem we can send you out a new cartridge but you can also have BOA send you what you need as well as regardless if I followed the FXR warranty process or BOA's it would likely take the same amount of time to get the cartridge out.

I wonder if a guy could get a cartridge or 2 sent out BEFORE they break, just to have on hand in case you run into a situation like this. Change it out in the evening, and back up riding the next day.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great to hear you got taken care of Danny! I love my FXR boots with the BOA system as they have kept me warm and dry (far better than my Motorfist Stomper 2's and Klim boots - both ended up leaking). At least Motorfist stood behind their boots where Klim said they only warranteed boots for one year and in their opinion they failed due to "wear and tear". The shredding my running boards did to the bottoms made them look fairly bad I have to admit.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if a guy could get a cartridge or 2 sent out BEFORE they break, just to have on hand in case you run into a situation like this. Change it out in the evening, and back up riding the next day.

You sure can!

You could go the warranty route and have it sent out for free or it's like $8 for a spare to purchase.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great to hear you got taken care of Danny! I love my FXR boots with the BOA system as they have kept me warm and dry (far better than my Motorfist Stomper 2's and Klim boots - both ended up leaking). At least Motorfist stood behind their boots where Klim said they only warranteed boots for one year and in their opinion they failed due to "wear and tear". The shredding my running boards did to the bottoms made them look fairly bad I have to admit.

The FXR soles look ten times better than both the motorfist and Klim after the same time.

brutechick

Reaction score
We've also had amazing warranty experience from fxr. They replaced a zipper on a youth coat that we got on clearance at a trade show with no questions asked. And it was years later because we had bought several sizes for our son because they were such a good deal. Awesome to see a company stand behind their stuff! Keeps us going back!

Top Bottom