Good alternative to klim boot?

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a good waterproof boot that is not a klim. I had the adrenaline and was good for a while but me feet are now wet every time I use them. Klim Canada has no interest in leak testing them so I want to try something else. Any suggestions?

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like a pretty easy decision for you. The thing I like about the motorfist is the look and fit like a workboot so you can wear them in public and you don't look like you should be walking on the moon.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like a pretty easy decision for you. The thing I like about the motorfist is the look and fit like a workboot so you can wear them in public and you don't look like you should be walking on the moon.
Haha looks to be unanimous don't it. Just checked there website and the nearest dealer to me is a great guy to deal with. Win win for me as far as I can see.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love my HMK's. But i also use them for snowboarding. I hear nothing but good from motorfist.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
motofist is a heavy boot.... myself i got a pair of columbia boots with some insulation in them. Lightweight and will give you what you need. price is much easier on the wallet as well.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
motofist is a heavy boot.... myself i got a pair of columbia boots with some insulation in them. Lightweight and will give you what you need. price is much easier on the wallet as well.

I have a set of the Columbia boots as well. They were super light and very comfortable but I found my feet would be wet at the end of the day. I tried using the waterproofing spray on them which helped for about 1 ride. I can't remember what model they are. As far as the price, I think I paid 150 for the columbia and 220 for the motorfist. It's was well worth the 70 bucks to upgrade to Motorfist. Maybe the columbia boots you have are a better model that the ones I have. Glad they are working for you.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmk boots for me as I am the freak with big feet size16 so most boots don't fit. So the Hmk work great for me.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the Morotfist boots stiff? I ride with burton snowboard boots, they're really stiff and I love them for it. They're getting pretty old and it may be time for something new.
also the motorfist boots do not have removable liners in them(from what I can see in the pic). so If your feet sweat or if they do get wet (Creek Bottom. lol) they'll be hard to get dry for the next day.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought HMK last year and my feet are toasty and dry after every ride. nice not having to pack the peet boot dryer anymore

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the Morotfist boots stiff? I ride with burton snowboard boots, they're really stiff and I love them for it. They're getting pretty old and it may be time for something new.
also the motorfist boots do not have removable liners in them(from what I can see in the pic). so If your feet sweat or if they do get wet (Creek Bottom. lol) they'll be hard to get dry for the next day.

you need to wear an athletic sock with them, they have event material in them like their jackets for sweat removal, if you wear cotton socks they dont breath, they just stay wet.

mine were a bit damp but a $40 boot dryer you can buy from marks work wear house drys them out over night.

they are farily stiff but not ski boot stiff like my ride snowboard boots.

PBNFLD

Reaction score
It's HMK for me, I love em. The BOA cable system is really convenient to. Boots on and off in seconds. Dry and warm all day.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Went to the show looking at motor fist boots, could not believe how heavy they were still on the hunt but columbia or some thing will be my options. Not going to look like Mr heavy foot off the old sitcom four on the floor

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of FXR Backshifts. They are really light and fairly flexible. They also have a removable liner which I like. We will see how they hold up and hold the heat.
I have been wearing snowboard boots for the past few years and never had an issue with cold feet even though they were always soaked at the end of the day. But from the inside moreso than the outside as my feet sweat bad all the time.

Top Bottom