Gold Rush 2019

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching rick last night had a Todd Hoffman feel. Him and his dad out looking for nuggets. Digging random test holes with a hoe. Lol.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love watching rick plow through that "environmentally senstative" alpine in the excavator. Id be hung for doing that around here haha

I'd be curious to see how much reclamation these guys do with a cut after their done with it. Something that the TV show doesn't really shine much light on. I just watch these shows for entertainment as a mechanic. Some of the sh!t they do with equipment or the expectations for the mechanics to wave his magic wand and rebuild the whole unit in 10 mins is ridiculous but amusing.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really liked that Yukon Gold show, not sure why it got the axe. Ken Foy got nailed with a couple hundred thousand in fines for not doing proper reclaimation, he pretty much went broke and hasn't been back to the Yukon.

Was woundering what happened to Ken, figured it was just low ratings.

Ken is a lot like Rick in that he is an easy guy to root for, they both seem like good dudes.

Hoping Rick hits it outa the park this year, his band of misfits are an easy group to like and cheer for.

Still waiting for someone to smack Parker in the mouth when he gets all fired up and gets disrespectful, you would think it's almost had to of happened already?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ken is a lot like Rick in that he is an easy guy to root for, they both seem like good dudes.

Hoping Rick hits it outa the park this year, his band of misfits are an easy group to like and cheer for.

Still waiting for someone to smack Parker in the mouth when he gets all fired up and gets disrespectful, you would think it's almost had to of happened already?

How much of it is for ratings though? A level headed boss doesn't make good TV. I bet all employees know that quite well that it has to be played up for ratings.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I liked Ken and Guillaume, they sure seemed like down to earth guys. Ken had an issue with an investor he brought in to finance some of his operation and they split on bad terms.

I met a few of the Gold Rush guys while staying in Dawson City on a bike trip in 2016. Rick was a cool cat, he BS'ed with my buddy and I on a few occasions outside of Diamond Tooth Gertie's when we were outside havin a smoke. Rick didn't have anything nice to say about Parker, I kind of thought they were good buddies from what I had seen on the show. he talked about pretty much everything we asked about mining and the show, but he was pretty short on conversation when it came to Parker.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liked Ken and Guillaume, they sure seemed like down to earth guys. Ken had an issue with an investor he brought in to finance some of his operation and they split on bad terms.

I met a few of the Gold Rush guys while staying in Dawson City on a bike trip in 2016. Rick was a cool cat, he BS'ed with my buddy and I on a few occasions outside of Diamond Tooth Gertie's when we were outside havin a smoke. Rick didn't have anything nice to say about Parker, I kind of thought they were good buddies from what I had seen on the show. he talked about pretty much everything we asked about mining and the show, but he was pretty short on conversation when it came to Parker.

I kinda got that vibe after last year's start to the season when Rick was chasing Parker down for his previous season's bonus and dispite their best year ever and Parker investing big bucks into heavy equipment he didn't have a lot left to pay Rick off with. Don't think Rick was too impressed.

But the other side to that coin is how much of a bonus would a former employer owe you after you quit on him?

The honourable thing for Parker to do would be to pay him in full but he dosent strike me as an honourable person.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda got that vibe after last year's start to the season when Rick was chasing Parker down for his previous season's bonus and dispite their best year ever and Parker investing big bucks into heavy equipment he didn't have a lot left to pay Rick off with. Don't think Rick was too impressed.

But the other side to that coin is how much of a bonus would a former employer owe you after you quit on him?

The honourable thing for Parker to do would be to pay him in full but he dosent strike me as an honourable person.
I think it gets treated as a bit of a retention bonus but the guy has already left. However you still need to acknowledge the work he put in to get you to your best year ever. It was slimy on Parker's part IMO.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering about next season. With no water rights for Parker what's he planning?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
355 ounces for parkers crew yesterday. Half a million dollars for one week. Parker didnt even smile, problably just breaking even now lol

I think he knows he’s not going to get all that pay run on his property this year unless he spends a bunch more money on another plant and more equipment.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he knows he’s not going to get all that pay run on his property this year unless he spends a bunch more money on another plant and more equipment.

at 355 ounces a week i bet he could absolutely do that even if he leased everything it would still make good money. I bet in the next few episodes he ramps up operations. He has 2 wash plants in years past running 24/7 shifts

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They would just film Albertan's paying taxes?

they say Quebec is the 4th best place to mine in the world, with vast parts of the north untapped.

Alberta's got to be about the worst place for a mine, nobody wants us to dig up anything.

I don't really watch the show, but sounds like Parker needs to take the company public.

Gold is setting record highs in many currencies and is looking to go up from here for the next few years as the dollar looses value.

hopefully Parker is hanging onto some of that gold...

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda funny how they conveniently brought reclamation into the show after ignoring it for pretty much every season. Anything to do with the water situation and problems this season?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda funny how they conveniently brought reclamation into the show after ignoring it for pretty much every season. Anything to do with the water situation and problems this season?

Everyone that works in civil end
knew this was coming ? Put your operations on national television and see how it works out for you. Lol
I know people that work around that area with big operations and they just hate what Discovery has done to the industry.
They knew it was coming .
Not a bad thing in many areas? They should have to clean up after themselves.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reclamation is like washing your balls in the shower, everyone knows you do it, but nobody talks about it.

I had to chuckle at the scenes, almost looked like paid for advertising. Yes, they should have focused a bit on it earlier on, and now I suspect they are paying the price. No drama in reclamation.

Oh look, there is a moose eating willows on your recently reclaimed land! I wonder how long they had to sit to get that shot?

Top Bottom