Getting Hot

bensen

Reaction score
Have 2012 Pro Rmk have trouble with it getting hot on trail going up even with scratchers down. Jump off into snow where possible. Any other tricks?

ditch1000

Reaction score
Have 2012 Pro Rmk have trouble with it getting hot on trail going up even with scratchers down. Jump off into snow where possible. Any other tricks?

Have you done the $28 Mod with the doo thermostat and bypass??? If not, do that Mod and you'll drop the temps by atleast 30 F. Just go on Snowest and search $28 Fix; all the parts and instructions are right there...Did mine first when TRS put the thread on there a year ago... Went down an ice covered road yesterday for a few km, never went over 141 F.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the terra alps thermostat mod and also added the front tunnel coolant cooler , going to change the tunnel snow flap

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 400

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you done the $28 Mod with the doo thermostat and bypass??? If not, do that Mod and you'll drop the temps by atleast 30 F. Just go on Snowest and search $28 Fix; all the parts and instructions are right there...Did mine first when TRS put the thread on there a year ago... Went down an ice covered road yesterday for a few km, never went over 141 F.

thanks im getting tired of packing my tunnel with snow on the way up the hills.

bensen

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. So the $28 dollar fix sounds like it helps. mine was hitting
165 yesterday. Will defiantly try this.

knocksum

Reaction score
I did the doo stat and noticed a huge difference. Used to be around 130 on the trails. Now the temps are around 116 on thin snow. Only works when you have some speed kicking up snow on the coolers.

05765scott

Reaction score
On the 14 pro makes a big difference switch to ethonal mode. My understanding it retards timing a few degrees and dumps more fuel cuz ethonal needs more for btus

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive never had a problem with mine. Sometimes the snowflap folds under, but i notice that when it jumps up a few degrees. Mayb check the tension springs on the scratchers, they do get tired eventually and the scratcher just floats there rather than being forced down.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use our doo billet thermostats on the pro's as well. Not sure what the $28 fix is. Our kit requires removing the stock stat from the head, then plumbing in our housing a bypass hose and an aluminum t for down in the front of the engine just before the water pump.

Thank you

Deano

rmscustom

Reaction score
We use our doo billet thermostats on the pro's as well. Not sure what the $28 fix is. Our kit requires removing the stock stat from the head, then plumbing in our housing a bypass hose and an aluminum t for down in the front of the engine just before the water pump.

Thank you

Deano

Its the same thing your doing but with the stock doo thermo that costs $28.

If your not getting any snow on the coolers it doesn't matter what you have for a thermostat its gonna run hot.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt give doo 10 cents for their stock stat, thats why we change to the billet housing with a cat stat. Drops 28 deg f, flows twice the volume of the stock stat. No sense in having all that cooler of flow is restricted either.

Deano

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats your aluminum t-stat worth? What temp does the stat open/full bypass at? Terra alps offers one aswell.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For comparisons sake, my terra alps kit runs 98-105 in snow. I also have an aftermarket head and a lot of venting.

Top Bottom