Full Emissions Delete on a 6.7L Ford (2013), Dealers Welcome!

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do a full EGR, DPF, and DEF (potentially) delete on My 6.7 Ford. I was going to wait till I had 60,000 km but i think the risk is worth it. (warranty blah blah blah)

So does anyone know who sells these kits? I'd like to install myself but open to another doing the install as well.

Also Anyone do this already? or restrained from? Thoughts? Is it worth it to keep the DEF?

thanks for the input guys!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thread...I'm wanting to do the deletes on my 6.7 as well.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out powerstroke army.com there is mixed reviews, little if any mileage increase more power for sure but turbos don't last you almost for sure have to go to an aftermarket turbo. The factory ones apparently need the back pressure? I am sure that there will be success stories but the turbo thing is kind of a deal breaker for me. A consultant that I work with has gone through 2 factory turbos deleted in 30000km. (He now has gone to aftermarket.) Previous to deletes he had 80000km trouble free. I am very happy with just the H@S mini max-no deletes tunes, cleans up shifting and mileage maybe a bit better. Sure is nice to walk by the tail pipe and not smell that friggin exhaust.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do a full EGR, DPF, and DEF (potentially) delete on My 6.7 Ford. I was going to wait till I had 60,000 km but i think the risk is worth it. (warranty blah blah blah)

So does anyone know who sells these kits? I'd like to install myself but open to another doing the install as well.

Also Anyone do this already? or restrained from? Thoughts? Is it worth it to keep the DEF?

thanks for the input guys!

I don't believe you can keep just the DEF, the DPF and DEF work in combination, so deleting just one is pointless. Also many places are starting to get sticky on trucks with removed emissions equipment.

Check out powerstroke army.com there is mixed reviews, little if any mileage increase more power for sure but turbos don't last you almost for sure have to go to an aftermarket turbo. The factory ones apparently need the back pressure? I am sure that there will be success stories but the turbo thing is kind of a deal breaker for me. A consultant that I work with has gone through 2 factory turbos deleted in 30000km. (He now has gone to aftermarket.) Previous to deletes he had 80000km trouble free. I am very happy with just the H@S mini max-no deletes tunes, cleans up shifting and mileage maybe a bit better. Sure is nice to walk by the tail pipe and not smell that friggin exhaust.

As for the turbo issues, do you know what tuner was used? As a turbo shouldn't fail due to lack of backpressure, I'm thinking it had a tuner that was requesting ungodly amounts of boost and it just pushed the turbo too hard, particularly if the throttle as cut quickly while under lots of boost resulting in compressor surge (turbo bark).

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for the turbo issues, do you know what tuner was used? As a turbo shouldn't fail due to lack of backpressure, I'm thinking it had a tuner that was requesting ungodly amounts of boost and it just pushed the turbo too hard, particularly if the throttle as cut quickly while under lots of boost resulting in compressor surge (turbo bark).[/QUOTE]

There really is only 2 major tuners for the 6.7. H@S and Spartan. there have been failures with both tunes. Sounds like 30 psi max is as hard as you want to push them. In my opinion there is going to be throttle chop/surge etc in an automotive application it is just reduced with the back pressure downstream with the emissions stuff in place. Some people have tried blow off valves and feel they may help. Any ways the new 2015 superduty has larger turbos that may or may not be better.

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There really is only 2 major tuners for the 6.7. H@S and Spartan. there have been failures with both tunes. Sounds like 30 psi max is as hard as you want to push them. In my opinion there is going to be throttle chop/surge etc in an automotive application it is just reduced with the back pressure downstream with the emissions stuff in place. Some people have tried blow off valves and feel they may help. Any ways the new 2015 superduty has larger turbos that may or may not be better.

Hmm, 30lbs seems pretty low, I wonder if it has anything to do with the dual sided compressor wheel putting additional stress on the bearings in the event of a surge? Or if the turbo is being pushed to hard due to its smaller size? But either way the GT37 should be an improvement.

bigoil

Reaction score
I have over 300000 kms on my 6.7 deleted with no issues slight mileage increase I run H&S programmer on stock power setting. Turbo puts out about 25 psi max.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we do several deletes and tied in with a ford dealership. The 2011's had some turbo issues stock and chipped we did a few warranty jobs on those but seemed like most of them were caused by guys towing heavy loads beating the piss out of them and hey they are a first year turbo stuff will go wrong. I have a 2012 F350 w/H&S mini maxx, sinister egr delete, flo pro 5" exhaust, S&B Intake it now has 105,000 km's and has been pretty much trouble free except for me damaging trans from my own stupidity its been great. Did I notice a huge mileage gain Not really to sure as I put road armor bumper and carli lift and some 10 ply 35 toyos so that doesnnt realy help the mileage. What I do notice is of course no regen mode so I'm not shelling out money for that I'm also not worrying about it going into limp mode and leaving me stranded, No urea so that's a savings big time if you drive a lot, tow setting on programmer is perfect for just the right amount of power to get by someone if need be for passing or for hauling a trailer. In the summer I notice my truck on the Lie O meter gets about 11.5-12.5 L/100 gets about 6-650 on a tank and usually $90 or so to fill. if your not worried about your warranty then do it you will like it. 30 Psi seems low even on stock setting on mine since 1000 km's on mine has been 40 psi range it'll hit 30 psi just by lightly snapping the throttle. I'm curious what the 2015 trucks are gonna pack for new mods as there out for blood with the new cummins we got ourselves a diesel war happening.

Last edited:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google 2015 superduty I think the mods are larger turbos and better fuel delivery also better injectors, everything that is holding the 6.7 back right now. There is going to be big power available after this.

H@S recommends setting the high limit parameter on boost at 32psi

VIDEO0034.mp4 - YouTube

above cool link to a 500 000 mile 6.7 he a hot shot guy in texas this was a few mths ago

Attachments

• IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, i concur with jaredszakacs, done many complete deletes and h&s minimax with stock mufflers/tailpipes on the 6.7l pstd and no problems yet... Always warned customers not to run in performance mode.... Keep in either tow or street(if not towing) and everything should be fine :) .... One truck already has 380,000 kms on it(hotshot truck) and only normal maintenance -- no mechanical failures yet

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've heard about the 30 psi thing as well, apparently they are not liking anything higher than that. Ok sounds like fairly positive reveiws about the deletes as well (as far as my googlefu is concerned). I personally think that those emissions systems do more harm than good, but that could just be me.

Summitric can you PM me with approx cost to do a full delete plus a mini maxx chip?

thanks for the reviews guys, Has anyone had any issues with their 6.7?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm, 30lbs seems pretty low, I wonder if it has anything to do with the dual sided compressor wheel putting additional stress on the bearings in the event of a surge? Or if the turbo is being pushed to hard due to its smaller size? But either way the GT37 should be an improvement.

Is there any benefit to going to a twin turbo set up? OR just a larger turbo?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can put twins on and still make a little over 520 rwhp the problem with these trucks are #1 the turbo #2 the cp4 pump #3 injectors. The new 2015 they changed the turbo to be identical to the 6.0 powermaxx turbo wich will be a nice turbo forsure. They have lengthend the stroke on the pump to allow for more fuel but your best bet is put a modded cp4 or a set of twin fuelers on. Twinfuelers will help big time with keeping rail pressures where you want them. The bigger single turbo's run enough air for over 700+ rwhp and work quite well we have a 6.7 with the spe kit it is a bit of labour to put in and i'm hoping for a more drop in solution. Twins would be nice if you change out that factory turbo and upgrade the pumps. We watched the industrial injection truck and flo pro truck last year barely make 550 rwhp with twins and stock pumps. Now industrial has pumps and better turbo and is making over 700 + all day long. Twins will be nice for towing and lowering drive pressures compared to a bigger single but would be worrying about changing the pumps and turbo if you want to make any kind of power over 550.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can put twins on and still make a little over 520 rwhp the problem with these trucks are #1 the turbo #2 the cp4 pump #3 injectors. The new 2015 they changed the turbo to be identical to the 6.0 powermaxx turbo wich will be a nice turbo forsure. They have lengthend the stroke on the pump to allow for more fuel but your best bet is put a modded cp4 or a set of twin fuelers on. Twinfuelers will help big time with keeping rail pressures where you want them. The bigger single turbo's run enough air for over 700+ rwhp and work quite well we have a 6.7 with the spe kit it is a bit of labour to put in and i'm hoping for a more drop in solution. Twins would be nice if you change out that factory turbo and upgrade the pumps. We watched the industrial injection truck and flo pro truck last year barely make 550 rwhp with twins and stock pumps. Now industrial has pumps and better turbo and is making over 700 + all day long. Twins will be nice for towing and lowering drive pressures compared to a bigger single but would be worrying about changing the pumps and turbo if you want to make any kind of power over 550.

Yeah i dont want to do a transmission if I dont have to so 550 ish would be nice, The idea for the twins is just as you said to keep the pressures down for normal driving. Yeah i was looking at that industrial injection kit, that's why i asked. What's a twin fueler set up worth?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couple new twin fuelers coming to market the ats one is gonna be slick! I seen them building it in august and honestly could barely see it in there it was very clean! there usually in that $2400 range. the Industrial kit is a nice twin setup forsure I seen it a few times and it does work quite well once the fuel is taken care of

Top Bottom