fuel additives

Loadie

Reaction score
we picked up some bad gas and took out the fuel pumps on 4 Cats . I have drained the fuel (As much as I could get out) and changed the pump but after I turn it off and let it sit the pump freezes again . I have to reverse the pump then prime it forward and it will run fine . Anyone know of any good additives I can run through to try and get the little bit of water out of the bottom of the pump that seems to be freezing on the screen in the pump .

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you reverse the pump? My brother and i just put a new top end in his 06 M7 and the pump does'nt seem to be working. the sled has sat for over a year without being started. It fired right up when we put a little gas in the cyclinders and we know there is power to the pump. We were told to jump it with a 12 volt battery to see if the pump still works but havn't gotten around to it yet.

Loadie

Reaction score
just undo the leads to the pump and use a paperclip and put red to black and vice versa and pull it or you can use a battery. Then pull the fuel line off and and hook it up properly and make sure fuel comes out when you try starting. Was the only way mine would start Saturday every time I shut it off was to back the pump up first to get rid of the ice in the pump.

poppajon

Reaction score
just undo the leads to the pump and use a paperclip and put red to black and vice versa and pull it or you can use a battery. Then pull the fuel line off and and hook it up properly and make sure fuel comes out when you try starting. Was the only way mine would start Saturday every time I shut it off was to back the pump up first to get rid of the ice in the pump.

So this worked perfect!! much appreciated. Pump spun quick, hooked everything back up and fired on the regular two pulls. Back in business!

Loadie

Reaction score
Good to hear!! I keep paper clips in my handlebar bag for the trail... Handy things. Now to clean out my tank and try some Seafoam and I should be good to go too.

Top Bottom