Frisbie Ridge Trail

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Very disapointed in the trail going into Frisbie this weekend. Not sure what the complete plan is for the trail for people to access the mountain with the logging that is planned. We buy our memberships and at the booth at the bottom of the trail we are told to take the new trail up and not to ride on the old logging road. This seems simple enough but the new trail only goes up 1/3 of the way up the mountain and then you have no choice but to ride the logging road the rest of the way up. Not bad if it hasen't been plowed and no trucks using it but a big problem is about to happen soon.

Why is the new trail not put in all the way past where the logging is going to be taking place. Why is the Revelstoke Snowmobile Society not getting this new trail completed? If something is not done soon I can see the logging company wanting to ban sledding on Frisbie once they start logging. With the other sledding areas being shut down in the area because of the Caribou issues I should wouldn't want to loss access into Frisbie.

Why is there no signs on the trail before and at each new interection so people won't end up driving on the logging road.

I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate all the hard work that the Revelstoke Snowmobile Society does but I think they have dropped the ball on this situation and if something is not done soon it could impact all members.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is an explanation. Maybe PowderPuff knows and will comment.

polguy

Reaction score
Not sure, but I think that the trail is controlled by the SRS AND NOT THE RSC...

AlbertaHunter

Reaction score
Our group went up Frisbie today and have to agree that trail markings are needed. Ended up just going up the logging road as we had no idea where the new trail was and we followed the sleds in front.
We don't ride Revy often but enjoy riding Frisbie and would hate to see it closed. Hopefully there is a plan in the works to correct this situation.

Reaction score
Is the club or the society responsible for trail markings?Seems strange that nothing is in place given that the logging issue has been noted for quite some time

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree we had maybe the best day this year up top but getting there was crappy. The two great guys at the bottom seemed unclear as to the route we were supposed to take. But with the great work both sides of our club do I am sure they are already working on this.

Sledshredder

Reaction score
:eek:I heard from forestry this morning that once they start hauling (may be this week) the remainder of the sled trail will be groomed. Hopefully signage will be included with this, but assuming it will be since this is a major safety factor for the logging company as well as for the club.

jumpingjack

Reaction score
:eek:I heard from forestry this morning that once they start hauling (may be this week) the remainder of the sled trail will be groomed. Hopefully signage will be included with this, but assuming it will be since this is a major safety factor for the logging company as well as for the club.

That's great news to hear!

Any idea why it has taken so long to get this trail in? I heard the new trail in was suppost to be completed over a month ago. This would have provided a better snow base on the trail so people would be riding there new sleds on so many rocks. There was lots of people up there this weekend and many not happy about paying for a trail pass to ride a plowed road.

I hope your right about getting signs installed before someone gets hurt.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I gotta say the signage wasn't the only thing lacking on Saturday. They only charged $10 for the trail fee, but the trail was fully whooped out. In future I will be asking for my $$ back if it's in that poor of shape. Very disappointed in revelstoke this weekend.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bound to be some confusion with this especially dealing with forestry and logging companies. If it wasThe same as any other year I'm sure the groomers would be doing their thing. Have some patience and don't have a caniption fit over 10 bucks. It's early yet.

Sledshredder

Reaction score
I heard that signs are made, just have to be put up. As for the remainder of the cat trail- status is still unknown...seems to be some confusion as to why the logging company has not finished the trail...communications happening this afternoon, logging starting this week so hopefully things come together!

Sledshredder

Reaction score
I gotta say the signage wasn't the only thing lacking on Saturday. They only charged $10 for the trail fee, but the trail was fully whooped out. In future I will be asking for my $$ back if it's in that poor of shape. Very disappointed in revelstoke this weekend.
Disappointed? wow, I had one of my best days yet up Frisby on friday..and I've seen the trail 100 times worse! Better stay home for awhile and leave the powder for us locals! :p

SRS

Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
As noted there is a problem with the final section of new trail on Frisby. This will be rectified in the coming days. I am meeting with the logging contractor in the morning to discuss the last section of the new trail. Everything should be fixed by the weekend at the very latest if not before. Please also note that we have had some problems with the Frisby groomer and it is being repaired in the coming days as well. Additional signs are already on order and will be installed as soon as they are ready. I'm sorry for any frustations that confusion that you experienced this past weekend, but rest assured everything will be ironed out and Revelstoke will be as you expect it to be..... a great ride, great snow and great trails! Wishing you all a happy snowmobiling season. Any questions or suggestions, call me at the office 250-837-3325.

Angie

dycker

Reaction score
You need to remember the club does a lot more than groom trails

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yesterday the trail was being worked on and we followed the groomer up. everything will be straightened out in no time. The only problem yesterday on frisby, was not enough gas to rip up all the powder before all the out of towners show up for the weekend, did I mention ONLY 9 sleds to the whole untouched mountain....
PB300306.jpg

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Good to hear they are working on the trail because I heard that the ministry was going to shut the mountain down if te trail is not completed when the logging company starts logging. That would sure suck with all that fresh powder. Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom