Ford,Chevy or dodge which is best??

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im with alot of others on this , all 3 have very different and unique qualities, for me i like the gm interiors hand down i have found them more comfortable, cummins durability is hard to argue with.
I just bought a 2011 f350 dually with the new engine, and wow what a difference compared to my last one with the 6.4 twin turbo. This new 6.7 is simply awsome, 735lbs of torque, is more then enough to haul my 40 ft toyhauler, with 4300 km on it now , the milage just keeps getting better and better. On average when i picked it up i was getting 16lires/100 km, now im sitting around 12litres/100.......thats a significant change in 3 tanks of fuel, the new transmission is extremely smooth, and when it goes into its regen mode, i dont have to find a gas station in 10 minutes. My last truck with the 6.4 litre would literaly burn a 1/8 tank of fuel during regen........untill i tore the dpf and crap out of it, but even doing that didnt give me any huge gains in mileage.
So far im very happy with the new Ford diesels, they needed a complete overhaul and ford delivered

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im new to the diesel world, only owned my dodge for nearly a month, and was wondering, how do you know when it goes into regen mode?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thank Mattiac...looks like I'll be doing the deletes alot sooner than I thought...

Ya no problem. If you do the deletes you need a tuner so you don't throw codes. Delete the egr while your at it. There is a way to delete the dpf and egr without a tuner but that's old school and not as good. You can do a tuner with little to no hp gains so you don't have to worry about cookin your tranny. But also poke around with your dealer about their thoughts on deletes and tuners. Pm me with any 6.7 questions. Not much I don't know

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya no problem. If you do the deletes you need a tuner so you don't throw codes. Delete the egr while your at it. There is a way to delete the dpf and egr without a tuner but that's old school and not as good. You can do a tuner with little to no hp gains so you don't have to worry about cookin your tranny. But also poke around with your dealer about their thoughts on deletes and tuners. Pm me with any 6.7 questions. Not much I don't know

Thanks again Mattiac, i'll definitely keep that in mind if i have any questions..When i first bought the truck i did mention about the DPF delete, and they really didnt say a whole lot at the time, but i will talk with them more about it next time im there

grizzly se

Reaction score
when your'e lookin for new, I just bought a used f350 deisel dually fully loaded fx4, I don't think there is any more to put in this thing . it had 1786 kms on it . got it for 61800. so look around you can find a good deal out there:beer::beer:

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ultimate truck

Ford steering and frame..
Dodge's Power an space
Chev's comfort and looks ( and as of 2011 frames are alot stronger...so they say)

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford: good front end, awesome trannys, nice ride, 6.0 engne was a mistake.

Dodge: not the best front end, not the best stock trannys, awesome engine, O.K interior.

Chevy: not the best on fuel, not to much to complain about mechanical wise, but you make up for that in fuel

over all i think its personal prefrance, they a have their up's and downs

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when your'e lookin for new, I just bought a used f350 deisel dually fully loaded fx4, I don't think there is any more to put in this thing . it had 1786 kms on it . got it for 61800. so look around you can find a good deal out there:beer::beer:

Wow, that's amazing. Especially since I have a 2011 Dodge 3500 Laramie, Cummins, 68RFE auto, crew cab 4X4 longbox, loaded on order, after rebates for $60K. Why would anyone spend $61,8 for a used truck ????

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say GM. ya it doesn't have as fancy of interiors as ford /dodge but you just can't beat the duramax/allision combination for a drivetrain. But really how many of us are driving the same brand that our parents drive right. I know 95% of ur neighbors drive the same thing that their parents and grandparents drove. or maybe im out to lunch

AbleSmith

Reaction score
Website
www.carsbyownerinusa.com
I think Chevrolet has already gained huge market share with some of his models which has excellent choices in the larger pickup trucks, offering strength and increased durability.
---------------------------------------
|

riffrraffing

Reaction score
They all make great trucks. I now buy based on the Service Department. I have owned GMC, Dodge and now Ford. I love my Ford the best. It has the new Diesel. Excellent product in every area. I bought my Truck at Lacombe Ford. I feel I got good value for my money. I enjoy my truck every minute that I get to drive it. The Service Department has been excellent with the Preventative Maintenance. I get free tires for life. The installation of my accessories has been awesome. Overall the best buying and Driving experience that I have ever had with any of my vehicles.

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
Every thread that has anything to do with trucks turns into a discussion about this, so who has the best truck on the market?

I like my 2003 Chev Duramax, there is 385,000 km on it, no bullch!t, and still going. Front end had to be done twice but nothing else. I wouldnt buy anything else other than :chevy:

Top Bottom