Ford,Chevy or dodge which is best??

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every thread that has anything to do with trucks turns into a discussion about this, so who has the best truck on the market?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO a mix of the three together would make the best truck. each company has their highs and lows.

ive never been a ford fan, but am liking the new superduty, but not liking how they change the engine every 2-3 yrs. chevs ride like a car, but have weak front ends, mind you my 04.5 duramax is on original ball joints, so whats the truth to that. i like the gadgets chev has, but dont like how you can only get the 3500 in a long box( please dont start on about box length) Dodge has the weakest transmission in stock form, but the cummins is a tried and true inline 6 that is pretty tough to beat for power and for longevity. up until 2010, dodges interiors were pretty boring, but some guys like that kind of thing. im not sure if ford still offers a locking dif in the front, so if they do, thats a plus for some guys! i personally have a 08 dodge, wanted it for 1 the cummins 2 the mega cab and 3 the color. when it comes times to buying something new, it will be a toss up for sure.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
:):beer:...I like all my trucks, Just a few ford more than the other. :d:beer:

:yikes:.. I can vision this thread taking off.....:hemiCoupe:

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the front diff,but the 11 Ford with the FX4 package has an option that you can just pull on the 4x4 selector and it locks up the rear diff.You can do that in 2 wd or in four. So far I like the 11 Ford but I did have a real toss up between it and the Dodge..Ruled out the chevy real quick :)

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your thinking about buying new consider this. A fully loaded top of the
Line 11' ford superduty will bring you in at 86000. A fully loaded 11' dodge lamarie will bring you in at 71000. Think of what 15000 will buy you

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought one (ford) 2011 fully loaded,nav,sunroof heated and cooled seats,fx 4 , there was nothing else to get in it for 80000. Priced out the same in the dodge mega cab with nav heated seats etc etc and the price was very comparable.?

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your thinking about buying new consider this. A fully loaded top of the
Line 11' ford superduty will bring you in at 86000. A fully loaded 11' dodge lamarie will bring you in at 71000. Think of what 15000 will buy you

Thats only if you pay retail, and only if you buy in Canada.

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was 80000 and change sticker price left the lot at 68000 all in.The prices he was quoting were retail prices ,But I am very sure if you load them both up option wise the same the prices end up very similar within a couple of grand.And I figured that considering the ford offered a few things that the dodge did not (trailer sway control,cooled seats,locking diff) I thought the price was fair. I Would build and price on the dodge website but it does not work ???

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
I have a dodge laramie and love everything but the trans. If they would only put an Allison trans in a dodge... My buddy has a new chevy, beautiful truck, but rides way to soft for me. Steering feels loose, feels really floaty on the road. Also, the suspension doesn't hold weight well. When we drop the big sled trailer on my truck the rear end hardly moves. When we drop it on his chevy the thing sags terrible. Both 3500's.
Kind of like sleds I guess. They are all great, but they all have chit that we don't like about them!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought one (ford) 2011 fully loaded,nav,sunroof heated and cooled seats,fx 4 , there was nothing else to get in it for 80000. Priced out the same in the dodge mega cab with nav heated seats etc etc and the price was very comparable.?

Should be a nice truck for sure.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO a mix of the three together would make the best truck. each company has their highs and lows.

ive never been a ford fan, but am liking the new superduty, but not liking how they change the engine every 2-3 yrs. chevs ride like a car, but have weak front ends, mind you my 04.5 duramax is on original ball joints, so whats the truth to that. i like the gadgets chev has, but dont like how you can only get the 3500 in a long box( please dont start on about box length) Dodge has the weakest transmission in stock form, but the cummins is a tried and true inline 6 that is pretty tough to beat for power and for longevity. up until 2010, dodges interiors were pretty boring, but some guys like that kind of thing. im not sure if ford still offers a locking dif in the front, so if they do, thats a plus for some guys! i personally have a 08 dodge, wanted it for 1 the cummins 2 the mega cab and 3 the color. when it comes times to buying something new, it will be a toss up for sure.

FYI..... 2011 Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Short Short Box introduced

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a dodge guy, there is a reason so much diesel equipment has I6's, but I really like the 2011 Ford. I'm not ready to say that's who would get my money yet as the 6.7 scorpion needs a few more years to prove its reliability to me.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always drove GM's and never had a major problem with any of them but i do drive nice and take care of them. I now have a 2010 GMC 2500 6.0L and it seems to be a good truck but the interior feels cheap as it rattles and vibrates on ruff roads and i have small rust spots on the front and rear bumpers. I have been told that they will be replaced on warrenty but now i am seeing the same rust spots on a lot of chev and gm's 1/2 tons and 3/4 tons from 2009-2010 so getting new bumpers won't fix the problem, i will just have shiny chrome for the summer and next winter it will rust again. I hope this truck will last at least 180,000 km with out falling apart and i will be looking harder at ford and dodge.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was 80000 and change sticker price left the lot at 68000 all in.The prices he was quoting were retail prices ,But I am very sure if you load them both up option wise the same the prices end up very similar within a couple of grand.And I figured that considering the ford offered a few things that the dodge did not (trailer sway control,cooled seats,locking diff) I thought the price was fair. I Would build and price on the dodge website but it does not work ???

i will say one thing about the cooled seats, my Laramie has them. Its gonna be pretty cool having air conditioned seats when summer time comes

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me its ford. Have owned gm stuff never had luck with it. Worked at dodge dealer haven't liked the product much cheap plain interiors. Cummins engine good thing they have

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I know is I've seen lots of cummins being swapped into fords. Ford makes a bad azz truck but were lacking in the engine department

I heard a rumor that dodge is losing their contract with cummins and ford has bought the new one. Anyone know if there is any truth to that? I've heard it few times now around the shop.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that dodge is losing their contract with cummins and ford has bought the new one. Anyone know if there is any truth to that? I've heard it few times now around the shop.

That has been a rumor for 10 yrs, no truth to it at all.

Top Bottom