Ford,Chevy or dodge which is best??

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys all got raped on price jesus!!! fully loaded 2010 dmax new in 2010 0 km's full load minus dvd/navi $48000 yes thats rite $48000!!!! I traded a buddy my old toyo m/ts for a factory gm navi system so now it is full load for under $50,000. the key is buy the truck when the dealers put the programs on even then my truck had a $10,000 discount so i was still under $60,000 for a new dmax :d whoever said the chev front end is weak obviously hasnt driven a new dmax cause truly they are pretty tough I mean look at diesel power challenge who won oh yeah DMITRI MILLARD with what a chevy and what front end IFS i have dmitri as a buddy on FB his goal this year is 2000 rwhp on the dyno this year. and yes you can get the new chev 3500 in shortbox. The ultimate truck it all depends what your definition of the ultimate truck is if you want a towing monster that is super reliable and proven reliable then go cummins, if you want something that is fast for a year but is gonna blow up real soon after that then buy a ford, if u want a good all around comfy work truck that is capable of some serious power for cheap buy a dmax. dmax and cummins are the only way to go

Last edited:

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys all got raped on price jesus!!! fully loaded 2010 dmax new in 2010 0 km's full load minus dvd/navi $48000 yes thats rite $48000!!!! I traded a buddy my old toyo m/ts for a factory gm navi system so now it is full load for under $50,000. the key is buy the truck when the dealers put the programs on even then my truck had a $10,000 discount so i was still under $60,000 for a new dmax :d whoever said the chev front end is weak obviously hasnt driven a new dmax cause truly they are pretty tough I mean look at diesel power challenge who won oh yeah DMITRI MILLARD with what a chevy and what front end IFS i have dmitri as a buddy on FB his goal this year is 2000 rwhp on the dyno this year. and yes you can get the new chev 3500 in shortbox. The ultimate truck it all depends what your definition of the ultimate truck is if you want a towing monster that is super reliable and proven reliable then go cummins, if you want something that is fast for a year but is gonna blow up real soon after that then buy a ford, if u want a good all around comfy work truck that is capable of some serious power for cheap buy a dmax. dmax and cummins are the only way to go

I am pretty sure ford's new engine will be a huge improvement,But I guess Chevy can sell for a little cheaper as they have a financial crutch to keep the doors open..Thank the public tax dollars for keeping them out of bankruptcy ...Your Welcome:):beer:

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently FORD is number one with a close second being Dodge....Chevy is way at the back of the bus...But I guess they are CHEAP.....:beer:

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford for me.I do not care for the "car like" ride of of the GM.Work at a Dodge
dealership and I see way too much at my level to own one.I also run gas engines due to the reliability issues I see with the latest diesels.Don,t be fooled people...Cummins engines are far from perfect.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford for me.I do not care for the "car like" ride of of the GM.Work at a Dodge
dealership and I see way too much at my level to own one.I also run gas engines due to the reliability issues I see with the latest diesels.Don,t be fooled people...Cummins engines are far from perfect.

please do explain more....

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 2010 Chev 1500 4wd with the 6.2L 6 speed trans and 3.42 diff. Got the truck last March. Not a problem at all. Great fuel econ 22.8 mpg hiway @ 120kmh. My cousin has a Dodge he got his Dec 09 and then got a replacement in March (too many problems)..He now had to chip and add a cold air intake with exhaust work. The Chev still kicks his butt. Another buddy got a 2011 Dodge. He had problems, And won't say what....But I have picked him up at the dealer.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please do explain more....

I work at a high volume Dodge dealer and replace 5-8 Cummins engines a month.The common rail 5.9L have injector problems that caused alot of engine failures.The 6.7L is actually having bottom end problems and broken camshaft gear pins.
I understand that the injectors failing do not have anything to do with the acctual structure of the engine,but Cummins has chosen to use the injectors.
The 6.7L has way too many issues with the DPF system,ecm calibration changes(once a month for awhile there),egr system,starter issues,charging system etc.
Cold air intake system also have been the cause of so many Cummins failures too.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chev is the cheapest price truck and the best truck the new 2011 raped yes I said raped the 2011 ford and there is a video on here from a real worl magazine test that did it so go on ahead pay that $82000 that gets beat my a $58000 truck that is more comfortable and gets the same fuel mileage but also has a better exhaust brake setup so less wear and tear when towing than the ford. and with the bailout yes chev took the bailout big deal it wasnt the quality of the vehicles that was killing them it was the mismanagement of money from the big ceo's getting greedy and taking massive bonuses year after year and having all these smaller companies like pontiac saturn those crappy little companies needed to go and it made chev and dodge see the light and that is obvious cause the 2011 chev smoked the 2011 ford and now the dodge is rite on track for a real nasty truck as well so looks like the clear winner is chev rite now in diesel and ford in gas trucks. but hey like said on here before about the price of stock to stock and what mods could do for the different price look at my $48000 truck to your $82000 truck imagine what my $34000 price difference could do to my chev lol sorry guys but no truck is worth $34000 more than the competitors even before rebate $24000 difference that is a huge difference. diesel power challenge was chev #1 dodge #2 and oh yeah thats rite ford #3 only difference that one it for the chev was the fuel economy test at the end 32 mpg from a 1600 rwhp dmax that can haul over 30,000 lbs not to bad for that supposedly cappy IFS and crappy chevy bahahaahaha chev and dodge all the way ford you better keep doing free upgrades to try and keep up to chev especially for $24000 in price difference :d

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work at a high volume Dodge dealer and replace 5-8 Cummins engines a month.The common rail 5.9L have injector problems that caused alot of engine failures.The 6.7L is actually having bottom end problems and broken camshaft gear pins.
I understand that the injectors failing do not have anything to do with the acctual structure of the engine,but Cummins has chosen to use the injectors.
The 6.7L has way too many issues with the DPF system,ecm calibration changes(once a month for awhile there),egr system,starter issues,charging system etc.
Cold air intake system also have been the cause of so many Cummins failures too.

i've heard a few guys with new ones having issues with intakes whats going on thats making them grenade the motor?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so has everyone agreed on an answer to the question...

yeah chevy best valued truck 2011 diesel pickup of the year and for a full load truck without any rebates you are looking at around $68000 or so w/navi and sunroof the denali truck is in the mid 70's but is still the cheapest price truck on the market and likesaid previously 2011 truck of the year for diesel so really what more do you want it hauls as much or more than ford or dodge it gets the same mileage has the same warranty better ride and better exhaust brake system when hauling and cheaper so my vote is chev is the better truck this year

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to replace a couple of work trucks soon,so I will definetly know the pricing.Crew cab 4x4 with diesels ..plane jane trucks..Will keep you posted

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are not filtering the incoming air enough and are dusting the engines.The stock Dodge filters on the 6.7L are large,deep pleated and oiled
filters.They only last about 20,000-25,000km before they are plugged and need replacing.
Dodge now has us remove the head off every warranty engine claim and take
pictures.They review the pictures and sometimes send the dsm out before any repair is complete.Any aftermarket product will immediately void warranty now,no if-ands-or-buts.Dodge has taken a very strict approached to warranty now that Fiat is owner.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dodge is owned by Fiat? That just made my day...I can get on ebay and buy a fiat hood ornament for my buddies dodge!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5b2a7a4c.jpg

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what you are trying to say is because the connecting rod is bigger it must be stronger??? wow thats a good argument bigger is better hmmmm! and at what hp and toque rating does the dodge stock connecting rods fail at???? I know for a fact chev can get 750 rwhp out of a completely stock internal motor after that we need to add rods I also know for a fact that dodge and ford are good to about 50 psi before they absolutely need there headstuds and heads fire ringed were the chev can handle almost 65 psi without studs and no need to replace or fire ring the gaskets!!! last article i read the 5.9 was capable of about 550-600 rwhp before needing the rods done some guys have squeeked more than 650 out of them. so just because one is bigger in size doesnt mean it is better:nono:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what you are trying to say is because the connecting rod is bigger it must be stronger??? wow thats a good argument bigger is better hmmmm! and at what hp and toque rating does the dodge stock connecting rods fail at???? I know for a fact chev can get 750 rwhp out of a completely stock internal motor after that we need to add rods I also know for a fact that dodge and ford are good to about 50 psi before they absolutely need there headstuds and heads fire ringed were the chev can handle almost 65 psi without studs and no need to replace or fire ring the gaskets!!! last article i read the 5.9 was capable of about 550-600 rwhp before needing the rods done some guys have squeeked more than 650 out of them. so just because one is bigger in size doesnt mean it is better:nono:

yes bud! mr diesel king. all hail jared!! if anyone is building a diesel motor for serious power, they are upgrading everything. a 750hp stock internal duramax is waiting to blow up if it hasnt yet. and by the way im talking stock diesels, not custom built diesels. stock form the cummins is a damn strong engine and the duramax will not compare. how many duramaxs do you see in anything besides a pickup?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These stupid arguments are pointless and endless. I own a duramax and a cummins and like them both. I didn't buy another duramax when I bought my cummins for a few reasons.

1-cheaper to lift a dodge and add bigger tires
2-really liked the color of the dodge
3-chev didn't offer a 3500 short box at the time

When it comes time to buy new again in 2-3 yrs. I'm sure the duramax will be getting my vote. But I guess we will see what happens between now and then

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mattiac r u selling your chevy,its a sweet lookin truck,i like it more than that dodge you got.which truck do think rides better ?

Top Bottom