Ford,Chevy or dodge which is best??

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not going by internet I'm going from talking to the two winners of the diesel power challenge DMITRI MILLARD and NEWLY TOLF both who run dmaxes they upgraded there so called small crappy connecting rods when they hit just over the 750 rwhp mark thats some serious power so all i did was say that this theory of bigger is better is obviously not true!!!! I'm sure there are cummins guys out there running stock parts with big power but that is just a timebomb waiting to explode!

So you met some guys from the internet and decided running dmax rods at 750whp is safe but cummins rods are a time bomb at 1000whp. Are you by chance a mechanical engineer or metallurgist?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jared, shouldn't you be in school right now ? Did you miss your ride in the short bus ?

nope sittin in front of my parts and service screen at 1 of my 5 dealerships that our family owns little far from highschool and buy short bus yes i did ride in one I drove our used cdodge shop truck to work while the dmax gets new tires!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what in the world are you on they never made an hd truck after 2010????? maybe thats why they have a 2010 and a 2011 ford HD truck

He wasn't refering to "heavy Duty" he was refering to Harley Davidson which you said was a waste of $10000. Everyone knows Ford still makes a heavy duty diesel but so far no Harley's are available.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you met some guys from the internet and decided running dmax rods at 750whp is safe but cummins rods are a time bomb at 1000whp. Are you by chance a mechanical engineer or metallurgist?

just sayin connecting rods are not meant to handle that power call up any major diesel store in North america and they will tell you the same! the chev one is a timebomb to same with ford when you put enough power to them they all fail! just saying your not very bright if you build a 1000rwhp truck on stock internals your just waiting to have to replace that motor you just spent thousands and thousands on making the power but not making the motor fully reliable to handle that kind of power! usually a person who builds a diesel motor and a high horsepower one to last they start buy doing internals it is just a common sense thing on a highly modded diesel it doesnt take an engineer to figure that one out! yeah your right I met the 2 guys on the internet.... so by internet you mean talking to face to face with them at the EDGE event called weekend on the edge in ogden valley utah. My statement is actually pretty spot on when it comes to timebomb thing think of how much it takes to make an additional 250 rwhp either bigger injectors new turbo thats quite a bit of extra power especially cause at stock the dmax is only 265 rwhp so to make 750 rwhp on a modded motor stock internals is pretty good thats nearly 3x the power now the cummins I'm sure makes close to that 265 rwhp mark as well so to get a 1000rwhp on stock internals is severly pushing your luck.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He wasn't refering to "heavy Duty" he was refering to Harley Davidson which you said was a waste of $10000. Everyone knows Ford still makes a heavy duty diesel but so far no Harley's are available.

ok that is different I just seen the hd and thought heavy duty my appologizes still not a fan of the harley or denali model trucks $10,000 is a bit extra to pay for what you are truly getting

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok gotta appologize for getting this off topic my bad guys I like to stir it up a bit. Best truck is a mix of all three. all three of them stepped up big time in all different areas that you could have a crazy nice truck. IMO either new cummins or pstroke interior on a smooth riding chevy frame, new style cummins body on it and the all new lml motor w/either allison or new ford tranny that would be my type of perfect truck for me for a new model perfect truck.

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why dont you put your money where your mouth is and come race my OWN PERSONNAL TRUCK no daddy bought toys have ever come to this guy sorry if my smashing your POS cummins down are getting you guys riled up i'm having fun wuth this thread cause I know for a fact a stock dmax and stock pstroke would absolutely rape and pillage the dodge I just love to see how many people with that crappy cummins I can get stirring by the way hows your POS trannies holding out hahahahahahahaaha

WOW...This was funny for a while but someone really has their panties in a bunch...Sorry Jared,I give up you got the bestest truck ever,I know because you told me so....:beer:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why dont you put your money where your mouth is and come race my OWN PERSONNAL TRUCK no daddy bought toys have ever come to this guy sorry if my smashing your POS cummins down are getting you guys riled up i'm having fun wuth this thread cause I know for a fact a stock dmax and stock pstroke would absolutely rape and pillage the dodge I just love to see how many people with that crappy cummins I can get stirring by the way hows your POS trannies holding out hahahahahahahaaha

Oh dodge trannies, i towed another off the highway last night tranny fawked. Oh and i towed i with ford 6.0

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jared i keep trying to get you to line up, you keep vanishing from the thread

were not even mod for mod, but ill run you any day!! this time please dont say you'll hold back and not run it on level 6 lol see you at blackout or better yet send me a PM next time your in edmonton, i wanna see this GREATEST TRUCK IN THE WORLD and send you home with your tail between you legs

dutz106

Reaction score
This topic makes me giggle. How many guys are brand loyal because it's what their dad drove.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bahahhaha. Ford 6.0L. Biggest POS diesel ever. Don't worry. You'll be Gettin towed soon enough as well as your polaris!!!

6.0 was a pos Stock. but its still better than our new 5500 6.7 dodge that is my least fav truck to drive on the fleet, Its guttless, the trans is always hunting, and drinks fuel like no tomorrow. The 6.0 f550 runs good, solid trans and is like a smart car on fuel compared to the dodge. Don't think i don't know I work for a tow company part time and see what gets towed off the highway and I drive the big 3 all the time.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is one of those ? that will never get a awnser. some one will always say ones better than the other and no awnser will ever be agreed on.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6.0 was a pos Stock. but its still better than our new 5500 6.7 dodge that is my least fav truck to drive on the fleet, Its guttless, the trans is always hunting, and drinks fuel like no tomorrow. The 6.0 f550 runs good, solid trans and is like a smart car on fuel compared to the dodge. Don't think i don't know I work for a tow company part time and see what gets towed off the highway and I drive the big 3 all the time.

My 6.7 5500 is a freAken beast!! No complaints. Mind you it's got some goodies. H&S black maxx. Boost tube. Intake horn. Cold air intake. Dpf delete. Stacks. EWG. With the gearing it has it tows Anything anywhere. I have to many close friends who had a 6.0l and cursed it everyday. When one got stolen it was the happiest day of his Life! The other just got a brand new engine installed and it still pours blue white smoke at idle. This engine is not one
of the smartest thing they ever did. Getting rid of it was!!! Of course a toe truck company will
tow everything off the road that's what they do. And I've also seem tow trucks getting towed off the road. My best friend owns one of the biggest mechanic Shops in fort Mac. I know what he fixes most and why he loves that 6.0l so much. Makes him lots of money that's why!!

I am by no means bashing anyone buying a 6.0. When they came out no one knew. I just Try steer people away now from buying used trucks with that diesel. Especially if it's close to 100k km. Some have had great luck. Just no one I know personally.

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only suggestion is go drive all 3, wheel and deal on your favorite and go with it

THANKS! That helps a bit. I've looked at about 20 trucks today and my head is still spinning. My main concern is fuel mileage when towing my 2 sleds. Dodge and Chevy's I think are better fuel mileage than Ford (from what I hear) and Chevy's and Dodge's tow better (FWIH) but I know Dodge's have chitty tranny's (been there done that) Too bad they won't let me test drive one for a week :rolling: So... still not sure what to get :)

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In stock form the dodge tranny should hold up fine. Mine went because I'm throwing almost 200 extra hp at it turning 37" tires towing up to 20000 lbs. Dodge fuel mileage stock isn't that great with the regen process with the dpf. Chev and ford use a urea injection system which I think helps fuel economy but can also be a pain in the azz having to worry about topping up another tank. Ford and chev have the fanciest interiors mind you the new dodges are coming around. Cooled seats is pretty sweet. The chev and dodge have factor exhaust brake which is nice for towing and a brake saver. Seems they all have ups and downs. If your not brand loyal and on a budget buy which ever you can get the most for the cheapest. The full full load sticker of dodge is the cheapest I found. Like mentioned above there is also incentives to look into. Rebates interest rates things Like that. I also find it way to hard to make a decision when I'm actually going to buy something. If I just dream about buying a sled truck quad whatever it's so easy to make up my mind but when it comes to crunch time
it's hard to pull the trigger

Oh and another thing. If your keeping the truck in stock form who cares about anything. The warranty now is long enough to keep you covered for a good long while. I think I paid 2000 extra for extra 3 years warranty and unlimited oil changes and tire rotations.

Top Bottom