for sale adds. what does MINT condition mean to you?!?!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, I have bought and sold a few things in my life, I have never used MINT when selling, because that means LIKE NEW.

what gets me is that people think Private owned vehicles are better to buy than OILFIELD vehicles,,
WRONG< I just got a 99 Silverado ext cab 1500 GMC. 430,000 kms, I immediatly went to Nebraska with it in August, delivered a Bike there and hauled a Tire Machine and new Sled trailer home, Averaged 25 MPG at 120 kph.
No oil at all... when I got back, my wifes Mini Vans Alternator crapped out,so I changed oil in the Truck and she took off to Kamloops with it, drove there and part way back 890 kms before fuel light came on, she averaged 30 mpg at 100.

I have bought a Lot of CRAP from private people that lied to me about there vehicles. This Oil Company was very honest and showed me a file of reciepts 2 inches thick, Best Truck ever had in my 40 yrs of driving.MINT,,no, but Maintained,,yes.
oh,the wife bought this.

Yea some are taken care of but a ton of them are beat to crap. Been to auctions many don't even have 100,000km on them and they are completely finished. Same goes with private sales, lots of crap and lots of good stuff to.

Never say mint either when it comes to vehicles, sleds, etc. Like I just sold my sled a while ago I say nothing about condition. I say anything that is damaged and take pictures of it, let them decide for themselves.

The only time I will say mint is electronics/stereo stuff etc because many times you cannot even tell they've been used.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On saturday looked at a 2006 chev 2500 gas job. The guy was 64 years old said his truck was mint, it was f---d. Paint peeling, stained seats, front tires cupper and woren [needed front end parts], lots of paint chips.

I talked to him 4 different times before we met about the condition kept saying truck was clean, tires are good. What a goof ball and what a waste of my time and his. If your going to do something get the VIN and check the warranty history before even looking at it. I did this it checked out ok, but in the end i asked him if it was a oil patch truck & yes it was never told me in the beginning. He needed a back hand on the back of his head...:rant:

sldgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and there goes your saturday...happened ten to many times for me

I've got a 2004 Audi TT Roadster and a 2007 Toyota Tundra for sale right now and they are in MINT. So if you live within walking distance to the old hippie, drop on by and I will show you what MINT is.

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, mint means pretty much perfect!! Nothing makes a person more crazy then driving a few hours to find a piece of $hit waiting to be seen.

rob350

Reaction score
Custom intense heat themed paint job, mint condition.

10-23-09_1457.jpg

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Custom intense heat themed paint job, mint condition.

10-23-09_1457.jpg

There actually people out there that will call it mint to get you there to maybe buy the rims!!!!!! I've bought used stuff and met some of them, oh ya, when you chew'm out it really doesn't bother them.:rant:

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good comments,

Add in the "Ya, I'llcome and see it at 2pm today" AND THEY NEVER SHOW UP!!!

I've sold a few vehicles, and I'd say about half the guys who say they're coming to look at it, never show up, some even say, "I'll take it", and never show up. Its a tough call when you dont want to meet these tire kickers at your house, so you pick a meeting place, drive over there, and wait, and wait, and wait.

Oddly, the easiest deal I ever did was many years ago with a 18yr old Hobema Indian kid, he called to say he wanted to buy my truck, $25,000, showed up on time, paid CASH, and didnt even test drive it. PERFECT.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good comments,

Oddly, the easiest deal I ever did was many years ago with a 18yr old Hobema Indian kid, he called to say he wanted to buy my truck, $25,000, showed up on time, paid CASH, and didnt even test drive it. PERFECT.
had a similar experience, listed my '80 GMC in the auto trader as "mint" and this french kid calls me up and asked if it was the real deal....resto'd from the ground up....told him it was and he came with a cashiers' cheque for 10K. then he asked me to drive him home in it....thought it was odd, but whatever. so he tells me to take this back road, it was a crappy dirt road with 2 ruts and he wanted to see if it would chew in the mud! I peeled off the muddy road into his dad's muddy cultivated field and rat bagged the snot outta that truck. I spent hours washing and polishing the truck before he came, when we got it to his place the only clean spot was the hood........never seen a kid with a bigger smile....lol.

don't have the pics, but it was on the cover of the Trader for that issue....
pictures353Small.jpg

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember when I listed my 06' GSXR 600 on kijiji and got the following reply:

Keep in mind I was asking $9000 firm at the time

"Hi, ur bike is out of my price range. My buddy just picked up the same bike for $6500. I'll give u five grand cash for it."

Um, What? You want me to slash my price by almost half when your "buddy" supposedly got the same bike for cheaper. Well guess what? Get bent.:mad:

The bike was literally mint. Yes it had a rebuilt status but the bike was as clean as when it came off the assembly line. It only had 1650kms on it too, which from the other ads I saw for the same bike at the time, was far less. Most had two or three times the KMs mine did.

People never cease to amaze me with their ignorance. Whats even more scary is that these people are allowed to breed:eek::nono:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it had a rebuilt status but the bike was as clean as when it came off the assembly line. It only had 1650kms on it too, which from the other ads I saw for the same bike at the time, was far less. Most had two or three times the KMs mine did.

Rebuilt status no thanks, not in my books is this mint, sorry.:nono:this is the problem with the resale industry. Mint as stated earlier is only within 1-2 hours of leaving the showroom floor not being rebuilt status..

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember when I listed my 06' GSXR 600 on kijiji and got the following reply:

Keep in mind I was asking $9000 firm at the time

"Hi, ur bike is out of my price range. My buddy just picked up the same bike for $6500. I'll give u five grand cash for it."

Um, What? You want me to slash my price by almost half when your "buddy" supposedly got the same bike for cheaper. Well guess what? Get bent.:mad:

The bike was literally mint. Yes it had a rebuilt status but the bike was as clean as when it came off the assembly line. It only had 1650kms on it too, which from the other ads I saw for the same bike at the time, was far less. Most had two or three times the KMs mine did.

People never cease to amaze me with their ignorance. Whats even more scary is that these people are allowed to breed:eek::nono:

lol love it when people try and tell u what your stuff is worth, just cracks me up, i posted a pontiac sunfire for a friend at the price he wanted which was $2800, had 2 emails form bogus email addresses that were like notworththat@shaw.ca and askingtomuch@hotmail.com or something like that telling me that the car wasnt worth that and that i would never get that for it, he sold it 2 weeks later for $2300 and he was happy with that. and had one guy call about my 1995 gmc suburban diesel, i had started out asking $4700 but then lowered the price to $3500 which was the cheapest one on there with less km than all the other diesel burbs on there. the guy calls and says he would give me $2500,
me: no
him: well your not gonna get what your asking
me: i will eventually
him: ive found that u wont get what your asking from experience
me: what were u selling
him: a 1999 cavalier
me: ya well thats not worth what my truck is
him: well ill give u $2500 tomorrow
me: no im not selling it for $2500
him: well its been on there since april
me: ya well i dont have to sell it, it can sit there and rust for all i care, if u really want it u will pay what im asking
him: your not going to get what your asking
me: ive already dropped the price from $4700
him: how many people have emailed or called u?
me: close to 100
him: and u still have it
me: thats cuz they wanted to trade stuff that i didnt need
him: well ill come get it tomorrow and ill give u $2500
me: no im not selling it for $2500 *click*i hung up
then i traded it for a 1996 chevy half ton that was worth about the same as the burb and then posted that on kijiji to see if i could get interest and a guy traded me a 2008 yamaha banshee straight across for it 3 weeks after i posted it so i think i got the better deal in the end. people never want to give u a deal on anything and never want to pay what your asking if your selling something

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
found a perfectly good mint in a car at pic ur part.

how about "must sell, price is firm"

or the classic "my wife says i have to sell it"

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it had a rebuilt status but the bike was as clean as when it came off the assembly line. It only had 1650kms on it too, which from the other ads I saw for the same bike at the time, was far less. Most had two or three times the KMs mine did.

Rebuilt status no thanks, not in my books is this mint, sorry.:nono:this is the problem with the resale industry. Mint as stated earlier is only within 1-2 hours of leaving the showroom floor not being rebuilt status..

Maybe so but I'd challenge you to look at the bike and tell me otherwise. I bought the bike with 65kms on it and never had an issue the whole time I owned it. Whoever bought it I'm 100% sure has a sweet running bike, end of story.

Top Bottom