for sale adds. what does MINT condition mean to you?!?!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as someone who is into powersports and trucks and well anything with a motor i do alot of shopping around and buying used things off kijiji and whatnot. what gets me every time is the adds. today i went to look at a MINT 2005 dodge. well when i got there it had a large dent with some rust showing and dirty outside and inside with dog hair. is that a mint vehicle now? so ive wasted my afternoon going to look at this thing. it just happens to much. or the adds with the "rebuilt" motor. SHOW ME. your words dont have value like a receipt does.

just venting.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mint to me means, almost as good as showroom condition..
I agree that the term Mint is misused a lot. Its a ploy to get you interested and out to see their item. An item being dirty with dog hair can be cleaned, but the dent and the rust is a different story. I can and would haggle over a dirty vehicle, but if i was expecting a mint vehicle I too would walk away from the dent and rust. If he is not being truthfull with his ad, them what else is he hiding about the vehicle. jist my:twocents:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it wasnt to good to be true.when your spending this much on a vehicle you expect it to be mint. mint was the only reason i looked at it. just dont think people should be using the word MINT when like powertool said you expect it to be almost new condition. thats what i expect aswell. but i did manage to get them to get a quote on repairing it and subtract it from the price if its not to much to repair.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one that makes me laugh is "loaded except for leather" WTF it's not loaded then is it!!!

Andy the Digger

Reaction score
With dirt bikes - Never raced cracks me up... Instead it was rat bagged every weekend, the oil was never changed, that leaky fork seal went unfixed until last weekend, the valves were never lashed, and they ran regular gas all the time... Racers take the best care of their machines for the most part!

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With dirt bikes - Never raced cracks me up... Instead it was rat bagged every weekend, the oil was never changed, that leaky fork seal went unfixed until last weekend, the valves were never lashed, and they ran regular gas all the time... Racers take the best care of their machines for the most part!

I was gonna post the same thing!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol yah dirtbikes...my friend bought one. the guy said it had a new bottom end. all he did was the clutch and one broken gear or something. no receipts.

i was LOLing the whole time.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
May interest you
I really don't care for this piece of chit anymore
Newis where it's at ......... just sayin
Take it off my hands already!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

BAHAHA,,

did you just read my add... lmao,, too funny unless its next 2 new I agree buy from someone who understands the machine

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sale 2009 Teryx 750, lady driven, never been off road, MINT condition:rolleyes:

Attachments

• P9194318.jpg
    P9194318.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 23

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, I have bought and sold a few things in my life, I have never used MINT when selling, because that means LIKE NEW.

what gets me is that people think Private owned vehicles are better to buy than OILFIELD vehicles,,
WRONG< I just got a 99 Silverado ext cab 1500 GMC. 430,000 kms, I immediatly went to Nebraska with it in August, delivered a Bike there and hauled a Tire Machine and new Sled trailer home, Averaged 25 MPG at 120 kph.
No oil at all... when I got back, my wifes Mini Vans Alternator crapped out,so I changed oil in the Truck and she took off to Kamloops with it, drove there and part way back 890 kms before fuel light came on, she averaged 30 mpg at 100.

I have bought a Lot of CRAP from private people that lied to me about there vehicles. This Oil Company was very honest and showed me a file of reciepts 2 inches thick, Best Truck ever had in my 40 yrs of driving.MINT,,no, but Maintained,,yes.
oh,the wife bought this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom