Flatlander avalanche

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder if anyone makes a retractable probe broomstick, mite just have to use a speed limit sign pole, a twig, or a roadkill leg. Maybe the leg, can be flexed.

and leg can also used for nourishment if victim has been without food for more than 1/2 hour

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The flat land avi risk has now gone to extreme level 3. Any drifts are to be considered un-safe...... Sledmamma this mean stay away from all drifts.

I just cant help myself... I'm like a flatmarking fool. 2,3,4 peeps on a ditch slope at a time and I'm gonna go bigger an' better every time, regardless of risk...

I was gonna ask exactly what a Flat-3 rating was, but l'm afraid to have my retractable broom-probe shoved down my ignorant throat.

BRAAAAAAP!

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
big update was out on the sled just before dark and there are 2 isssues which concern me . #: 1 watch out for flying snow chunks when sidehilling along east aspects of gaurdrails the plow trucks throw a ton of snow. # 2 there is a thin layer of freezing rain crust, this could cause a high speed wabble and over the bars you go mainly on the lake driven snow. :eek::d

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Once again the peeps of s&m come thru! I never realized how dangerous flatmarking really was and will use a lot more caution in the future. Thanks Trev for pointing out the very real dangers we face. This could save a life.

Was Pozzy flat3 certified?

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Once again the peeps of s&m come thru! I never realized how dangerous flatmarking really was and will use a lot more caution in the future. Thanks Trev for pointing out the very real dangers we face. This could save a life.

Was Pozzy flat3 certified?

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

pozzy was not flat 3 certified and i don't think he will ever be

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike Wiegele says that the irresponsible snowmobilers in Saskatchewan setting off all those ditch avalanches is the reason he doesn't have a heli-skiing operation there

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Mike Wiegele says that the irresponsible snowmobilers in Saskatchewan setting off all those ditch avalanches is the reason he doesn't have a heli-skiing operation there
Mike use to work at hog barn in NE Sask. Wanted to ban all motorized boating activities on a local chain of lakes so he could start up a fishing camp....we sent is arse to Bc:)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I was planning on taking the family to Purdu, SK. for the weekend........has anyone have any info on conditions..................BWAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the south facing slopes are bare from the solar effects but the north facing are wind loaded. In the hills to the west there are record breaking cornices, no fences, and pretty much untracked ditches.

This is a time for all the tools in the tool box; beacon, broomstick, shovel, and Avi bag. Of concern are the high westerly winds that could catch the inflated avi bag a blow an inexperience peeps into a serious terrain trap. ie dugout, feed lot, SaskPower substation, etc.

Further down the road at Biggar.....

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk about cornices all you want... should have seen the round bale well I dam near got sucked into yesterday..... truly lucky to be sitting here.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pubic Safety Notice- Irrigation crevassis are common thruout the SK Flatazz Mountain Range. Back Forty Users are cautioned to be on the lookout for these crevasses. Carrying 7 feet of rope is recommended.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one have the latest information/updated maps on Whitetail closures? I would hate to mess with those fuggers, there could some day be nothing left to run into on the highway.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'll go dig some pits along hwy 43 tonight and evaluate... there has been lots of slide activity both natural and human triggered...

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll go dig some pits along hwy 43 tonight and evaluate... there has been lots of slide activity both natural and human triggered...

Around saskatoon it rained and had warm temps, there is a hard pack top over powder that can slide at any minute!

Top Bottom