Fix Kit for the extra $$$?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You cant be serious?? Just because someone was brave enough to wind a turbo sled up to a hundred miles an hour down a river.........you think that has something to do with your special pistons? Id say it has more to do with the TURBO and the nut riding it.

vjc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You cant be serious?? Just because someone was brave enough to wind a turbo sled up to a hundred miles an hour down a river.........you think that has something to do with your special pistons? Id say it has more to do with the TURBO and the nut riding it.

So whats your theory on the subject , pistons / rods / crank / timing / fuel / muffler bearings ???? Just asking

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats your theory on the subject , pistons / rods / crank / timing / fuel / muffler bearings ???? Just asking

Oh no, have I upset one of rks fans? Id say it has to do with a light sled making really big power with some wing nut on the back. Do you think setup really matters that much? He was doing 100mph, not 200. Or hey........maybe it was all due to a magical set of pistons.

vjc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh no, have I upset one of rks fans? Id say it has to do with a light sled making really big power with some wing nut on the back. Do you think setup really matters that much? He was doing 100mph, not 200. Or hey........maybe it was all due to a magical set of pistons.

Hell no, i don't get upset, in fact i'm not really an emotional guy ! I was just asking for your input. I thought you were a engine builder or mechanic . Sorry if i put you on the spot ! My bad

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that I'm gonna be buying myself a set of the magical pistons for my sled, think I'm gonna buck up for the mystical head to go with it. I love my Poo but the engine is feeling pretty rough, bad vibes around 3000 rpm, if RTK's kit does what he say's for the money involved I'll give it a try. Not an RTK fan yet but if his kit works well, I will be!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the Pistons are magical. No other piston could possibly cross water that fast.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
The stock pistons will simply not hold up to the the 300 HP that the engine was making.. Yes, they tried them..

The head design was CRITICAL in acheiving the 300 HP... I know this because I worked with them on this and also because they told me that the RK Tek components were vital to the getting the HP. Again... they tried with other components without success..

Not sure why deano has such a dis-like for me and my company.. as far as I know, I have never even spoke to the man??? It is unfortunate..

BUT.. I think that it should be painfully obvious that to make high HP and keep heat down, the internal engine components are CRITICAL!! You simply can not sustain high levels of HP with substandard internals.... AND the piston is "key". especially at 20PSI boost and 300 HP.. You MUST maintain a good ring seal and be able to transfer the heat off of the crown... The stock piston does NEITHER of these well Then there is the deforming of the stock piston..

The head design is also "key" in order to hold off detonation and to keep from flexing (like the stock head does at those HP levels) not to mention the better cooling.

Anyway.. the credit for making the HP and setting the record goes 100% to them,, I just help with supplying the components that were necessary for any engine to sustain those levels of power.. Same goes for the everyday rider (like us guys) on the Polaris.. you are only as good as your engine's internal components.. stock internals work for a while.. but better internals work longer and make for a happier engine.. the added power is also nice to have..

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock pistons will simply not hold up to the the 300 HP that the engine was making.. Yes, they tried them..

The head design was CRITICAL in acheiving the 300 HP... I know this because I worked with them on this and also because they told me that the RK Tek components were vital to the getting the HP. Again... they tried with other components without success..

Not sure why deano has such a dis-like for me and my company.. as far as I know, I have never even spoke to the man??? It is unfortunate..

BUT.. I think that it should be painfully obvious that to make high HP and keep heat down, the internal engine components are CRITICAL!! You simply can not sustain high levels of HP with substandard internals.... AND the piston is "key". especially at 20PSI boost and 300 HP.. You MUST maintain a good ring seal and be able to transfer the heat off of the crown... The stock piston does NEITHER of these well Then there is the deforming of the stock piston..

The head design is also "key" in order to hold off detonation and to keep from flexing (like the stock head does at those HP levels) not to mention the better cooling.

Anyway.. the credit for making the HP and setting the record goes 100% to them,, I just help with supplying the components that were necessary for any engine to sustain those levels of power.. Same goes for the everyday rider (like us guys) on the Polaris.. you are only as good as your engine's internal components.. stock internals work for a while.. but better internals work longer and make for a happier engine.. the added power is also nice to have..

Think you best edit that to DEANER not DEANO. Just while we are clearing things up. Thanks Kelsey

Deano

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think you best edit that to DEANER not DEANO. Just while we are clearing things up. Thanks Kelsey

Deano

He was almost the first on ever to bad mouth you Dean! I have used RK heads in my summit 800 and they worked really good, I had close to 3000km on them and that sled still pulled like a freight train! I would use RK again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the difference is between the RKT, TERRA ALPS, and MNTK kits are? Im not looking for new pistons this year, but since how this is turning into another one of those threads we might as well get right after it.

Why is your kit superior to the other 2 kits Kelsey?

Thanks

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just talked to Kelsey and ordered 5 drop in kits with 13.1 heads and will be stocking them from now on and I will have 20 kits before the sled show. I also will be running one myself, I will also have the BB kits as well with cylinders in stock for a quick exchange time.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just talked to Kelsey and ordered 5 drop in kits with 13.1 heads and will be stocking them from now on and I will have 20 kits before the sled show. I also will be running one myself, I will also have the BB kits as well with cylinders in stock for a quick exchange time.

I wish I would have seen this sooner, just ordered the same kit this morning, would have ordered from you had I known the kit was available locally.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the difference is between the RKT, TERRA ALPS, and MNTK kits are? Im not looking for new pistons this year, but since how this is turning into another one of those threads we might as well get right after it.

Why is your kit superior to the other 2 kits Kelsey?

Thanks

Terra Alps Kit didn't work for me. All thou he did change port timing and the head for my application but it did not work. I will sell it cheap to anybody who wants it. LOL

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Very interesting what made you switch from MNTK?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terra Alps Kit didn't work for me. All thou he did change port timing and the head for my application but it did not work. I will sell it cheap to anybody who wants it. LOL

Good to know, I will take your word for it

Top Bottom