buddy cant handle the pro

linzoid

Reaction score
buddy got a brand new 2020 800 x 155 pro and couldnt ride it. Last weekend at renshaw it was all over the place, spun out multiple times, fell over and basically hammered the ship out of him. I rode it for the day and it beat me up too, never felt so exhausted at the end of a ride! (especially on the beat up trail, that direct drive seems very choppy) Maybe partly due to conditions as there was a hard uneven layer under a foot+ of fluff.
But now he wants to get rid of it as he jammed his elbow bad and found it too rough and tippy.

My question is this: how have other pro owners adjusted their setup to make it more comfortable or improve handling for a guy that doesn't need it to be more "flickable"
and B: anyone interested in a rode once, just broken in Pro?

thanks lol

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never had a issue with any of mine. I'm average height and weight and really don't adjust too much. I have a buddy on a new khaos and he needs to adjust a few things for his weight and size. I am interested in seeing the comments from other Pro owners

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with caper, anytime I attempted to even move a poo they are a different riding experience. I would give it another ride in better snow conditions and see how it goes. Give it a chance

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the pro is planted and somewhat one dimensional. there is a reason many are going the khaos route or converting there pro via iceage to khaos dimensions as it is so much easier to ride/playful. The pro dominates in tight technical terrain and was made to be stable and keep the front end down.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he is fighting trying to control a pro he sure as hell will not like the Khaos. Give it a couple good rides (after your elbow heals??) that sled should be easy to ride. Whooped out trails will beat up most riders.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get out of it while you can. If you don’t feel comfortable and confident on a snowmobile as soon as you step on it your in for a long and painful learning curve. Some
Machines just aren’t for some people. I’ve been riding my entire life and when I get on a PRO it’s like the first time I’ve been on a snowmobile. And why put yourself through the pain of relearning to ride. Go with what you know. What did he have previously or is this his first mountain machine?

linzoid

Reaction score
he has had a 700rmk, 900rmk, older skidoo 800 i think. I would rate him as an intermediate rider, not in the best of shape, hasnt rode for 10 years. I rode it for the day on saturday and stiffened up the front shocks and it was ok. Compared to the 2012 I rented it seemed more tippy, maybe the skid need some adjustment as it was rough as fock on the trail. The 2.6 track grabbed so hard at first i had to sit for a little hillclimb. I think it was a combination of conditions and brand new machine and maybe widening the skis and softening up the suspension may help. I would like to try it in some nice pow. But compared to my nephews brand new backcountry it was night and day. The doo was a pleasure to ride right from the get go. I think they are setup very differently for different riding styles.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally i would allow some seat time, don’t go and try to conquer all the first ride. If he is intermediate find a nice gentle slope and practice some skills. No shame in learning

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let him get used to it. I can tell u it will be nothing like riding a 900 rmk lol . I love watching people try to ride my apex or my mm700 and they think they are the best riders. When i got my t3 i had never rode a rider forward sled coming from M series and apex . The xm was hard to ride i was way over riding it . It will take like 5 rides to get the feel of it . New sleds are very tippy when u are used to old iron.

Travco28

Reaction score
He just needs seat time . I rember the step up from the doo xm too the rev and hating the rev for the first two rides . Just learn to ride it . Get in shape .

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Maxwell, if your not comfortable right off the hop, its probably a no go. Im a experienced rider, and I Cannot get used to a pro chassis. The very first time I got on one I drove about 8’ and shut it off. I was like Nope, don’t like it. Now granted I gave them a couple more chances since then, and I would really like to take one for like a solid few days to give it a real chance, but as for now I just don’t feel comfortable on one. :beer:

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get out of it while you can. If you don’t feel comfortable and confident on a snowmobile as soon as you step on it your in for a long and painful learning curve. Some
Machines just aren’t for some people. I’ve been riding my entire life and when I get on a PRO it’s like the first time I’ve been on a snowmobile. And why put yourself through the pain of relearning to ride. Go with what you know. What did he have previously or is this his first mountain machine?
yes I agree wiT mr MaXXxWeLL Polaris is LiKe going on a BLiND DaTe real DiFFeRaNCE is the POlARiS ya goTTa spend the whole day wiT her and paY attenTion to the MooD swinGs .. Now if u've spenT $500 on your BLiND DaTe... WeLL ya can move on buT a new Polaris well she's gunna dig in and make ya beTTeR rider at the end of the DaY ... Then LooK at trading up Ta the 850 FacToRY turbo 165 SKi - doo and she LL put a bigger smile on youR face aT the end of the DaY when ya Tuck er in the TRaiLer ... CheeRs ... beeP !! beep !! JacK NicKeLson wouLd be Proud

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK...OK...I'll trade my slightly blemished 2017 M8000 LTD with a 162 3" in a 153" chassis, plus $4000 cash. Final offer. This thing rocks...nice and stable.

Includes scratchers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom